ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Topics (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   2016-17 Indiana Pacers Thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1236)

Colts And Orioles 02-09-2017 08:03 PM

2016-17 Indiana Pacers Thread

o

After treading water at the .500 mark for most of the season, the Pacers had a 7-game winning streak snapped by a loss to the Cavaliers in their last game.

Subsequently, their 29-23 overall record puts them in position for a possible run at a playoff seed of anywhere between the #3 and #8 positions.

They play the hottest team in the NBA tomorrow (the Washington Bullets.)

o

GoBigBlue88 02-10-2017 09:00 AM

Finding it hard to find a reason to care about this team, to be honest. They're not bad, but I just don't really understand what's possibly exciting about them. They made a HC change for the sake of it, it seems, and yeah, they score more points now, but their defense is worse and effort is more inconsistent, so it all comes out in the wash.

Still no bench; Larry Bird's eternal undoing.

Still looking at Paul George to do everything. Shades of Andrew Luck. Only, I think Luck consistently gives you everything he's got game in and game out. Not sure George does that every game.

Overall, I see a team that's far less than the sum of its parts. Not interested.

Luck4Reich 02-15-2017 08:07 AM

If you are going to make a HC change at least put an effort in upgrading.

Colts And Orioles 02-21-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 2195)
o

After treading water at the .500 mark for most of the season, the Pacers had a 7-game winning streak snapped by a loss to the Cavaliers in their last game.

Subsequently, their 29-23 overall record puts them in position for a possible run at a playoff seed of anywhere between the #3 and #8 positions.

They play the hottest team in the NBA tomorrow (the Washington Bullets.)

o

o

After having finally gotten themselves jump-started to 7 games over .500 (29-22) 2 weeks agao, the Pacers then went and lost 6 straight games before the All-Star break ...... essentially putting themselves right back where they have been for almost the entire season (hovering around the .500 mark.)

o

Brylok 06-19-2017 03:11 PM

PG13 screwed the Pacers. It's a dead franchise now. I don't see the fanbase sitting through another 1980s rebuilding stretch. Las Vegas Pacers? Seattle Superpacers?

Racehorse 06-20-2017 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 15925)
PG13 screwed the Pacers. It's a dead franchise now. I don't see the fanbase sitting through another 1980s rebuilding stretch. Las Vegas Pacers? Seattle Superpacers?

I just hope they can trade him to Boston or somewhere that can knock off Lebron and he changes his mind about LA. That or he stays and the brass sits him all season and gets him rusty for LA.

Brylok 06-20-2017 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 15967)
I just hope they can trade him to Boston or somewhere that can knock off Lebron and he changes his mind about LA. That or he stays and the brass sits him all season and gets him rusty for LA.

I don't blame Paul George for wanting to move on. I blame him for destroying his trade value and, as a result, the future of the franchise. It's going to be ugly anyway, but it will be very ugly if they don't move him somehow. Larry Bird is also to blame, but he already fired himself.

Butter 06-20-2017 10:59 PM

Fuck George and frankly fuck the NBA, this super team bullshit sucks harder than Omaha's mom.

rcubed 06-21-2017 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 16018)
Fuck George and frankly fuck the NBA, this super team bullshit sucks harder than Omaha's mom.

at least the "super teams" are interesting to watch.

was there this much complaining when jordan's bulls were on their runs? or when it was either lakers or celtics for a decade?

Racehorse 06-21-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 16050)
at least the "super teams" are interesting to watch.

was there this much complaining when jordan's bulls were on their runs? or when it was either lakers or celtics for a decade?

Jordan's teams were not super teams. The Lakers were the only real super team of that era. The Celtics were close, but not on par with the Lakers.