ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Slauson placed on IR (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55074)

Maniac 10-08-2018 06:52 PM

Slauson placed on IR

Well, that's all we need.

omahacolt 10-08-2018 06:54 PM

What the fuck is this shit, Jesus?

Maniac 10-08-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 84931)
What the fuck is this shit, Jesus?

Dunno, but I'm tired of all these damn injuries

It was on rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5407/matt-slauson

Quote:

Colts placed RG Matt Slauson (undisclosed) on injured reserve.
Slauson started each of the first five games and played every snap, so we have no idea when he was injured. The 32-year-old was a top-six pass-blocking guard in Pro Football Focus' metrics out of 70 qualifiers, so it's a pretty significant loss. Second-round rookie Braden Smith figures to be the next man up at right guard. The Colts signed G/C Boehm off the Rams' practice squad

YDFL Commish 10-08-2018 06:58 PM

Let the Braden Smith era begin.

YDFL Commish 10-08-2018 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 84932)
Dunno, but I'm tired of all these damn injuries

It was on rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5407/matt-slauson

No shit Jesus. I have never seen a team as snake bit as this team the last few years.

But, holy fuck this season is already the worst I've seen.

njcoltfan 10-08-2018 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 84930)
Well, that's all we need.

Your name says it all !!!!

FatDT 10-08-2018 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 84933)
Let the Braden Smith era begin.

It already began with him at RT. I dunno what the fuck we’re gonna do now. This is ridiculous.

Butter 10-08-2018 08:11 PM

unbelievable.

Chromeburn 10-08-2018 08:22 PM

Awesome, he was providing a nice veteran presence with Castonzo out.

Puck 10-08-2018 08:30 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...ers-by-tuesday

Erek flowers anyone? Move Smith to guard???

Puck 10-08-2018 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 84951)

WTF does he spell it Ereck anyway????

1965southpaw 10-08-2018 08:33 PM

Big Joe talked to AC off the record today and he says he is definitely ready to play Sunday. I'd guess that means Clark at RT and smith at guard?

Puck 10-08-2018 08:41 PM

Anyone one here that thinks they OL is not the biggest need next yrs draft is a dumb fuck

I edited. To include FA

omahacolt 10-08-2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 84954)
Anyone one here that thinks they OL is not the biggest need next yrs draft is a dumb fuck

I edited. To include FA

Count me as a dumb fuck then

Maniac 10-08-2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

No, he is horrible.

omahacolt 10-08-2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

Smith is a guard.

Clark and Good are light years better than Flowers

Chromeburn 10-08-2018 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 84954)

I edited. To include FA

If healthy you think the oline is the biggest need still?

Oldcolt 10-08-2018 09:06 PM

My god didn't we hire some guy who was supposed to be the genius at keeping players healthy this off season? Did he quit?

This is a tough loss, but if TC can come back and play well it may help in the long run. Slauson is not the long term answer. Clark looked ok as a left tackle. Smith can move to the inside and we get to see how it plays out. Lets us see if Clark or Good can handle the R tackle position or is it draft/free agency. Not quite ready to say that offensive line is our number one issue (WR on offense and defensive help is still my #1 need for us). We will know soon enough.

Thorgrim 10-08-2018 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 84962)
My god didn't we hire some guy who was supposed to be the genius at keeping players healthy this off season? Did he quit?

This is a tough loss, but if TC can come back and play well it may help in the long run. Slauson is not the long term answer. Clark looked ok as a left tackle. Smith can move to the inside and we get to see how it plays out. Lets us see if Clark or Good can handle the R tackle position or is it draft/free agency. Not quite ready to say that offensive line is our number one issue (WR on offense and defensive help is still my #1 need for us). We will know soon enough.

Seriously, what’s up with the strength and conditioning program?

Puck 10-08-2018 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 84961)
If healthy you think the oline is the biggest need still?

What is a bigger need?

Maniac 10-08-2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puck (Post 84964)
what is a bigger need?

wr
rb
cb
de

Maniac 10-08-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 84962)

Supposedly we hired someone good, someone named Rusty Trombone or something, but it sure doesn't look like he's any good. He has been out of the league since 2013. Perhaps he should have stayed retired.

Puck 10-08-2018 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 84955)
Count me as a dumb fuck then

That was obvious

Puck 10-08-2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 84968)
wr
rb
cb
de

All needs but nothing bigger than having an actual oline that can stay on the field.

I would agree CB is second biggest need

1965southpaw 10-08-2018 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 84968)
wr
rb
cb
de

Thank you, Jesus!

ChoppedWood 10-08-2018 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorgrim (Post 84963)
Seriously, what’s up with the strength and conditioning program?

Will Caroll was on I think it was JMV last week talking about this. He said this is a very hot topic within the org. He said that though there have been some changes recently (I think it was the long time doctor that was fired last year?) there are still some couple decade folks in that department that really need to be sent packing.

I didn't know this until today, but apparently Rosevelt Colvin made some kind of remark about the Colts having a lot of dudes that did not know how to take care of their bodies and that's why we have so many injuries?

Not sure about any of this but I am sure I am fucking sick and tired of seeing so many Colts players on the shelf!

Maniac 10-08-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 84971)
All needs but nothing bigger than having an actual oline that can stay on the field.

I would agree CB is second biggest need

How can you tell who is going to stay on the field when you draft them? Can you tell them "You can't get injured if we draft you?" How does the draft address anyone staying on the field?

You can draft depth, and that's fine if they draft another guy or two for depth, but they have actually played pretty well in spite of the injuries so far, so the depth I would say is actually decent. Injuries are just ridiculous for this team right now, all around.

Dam8610 10-08-2018 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 84964)
What is a bigger need?

Practically every position on the team that isn't QB or WLB.

omahacolt 10-08-2018 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 84970)
That was obvious

You can’t and won’t have 9 all pro olinemen. Now I will not bitch about taking big boys early and often but this defense needs talent.

Oldcolt 10-08-2018 10:44 PM

The issues with the line seem to be injury related. How do you draft players that can't get injured?

Puck 10-08-2018 10:53 PM

The only 3 olinemen that are with a fuck are the ones drafted in the first round. All the others are just backups or depth. They are nothing more . This team needs a solid oline above and beyond everything else right now. The D has a few playmakers on the d line and WLB and even safety.

albany ed 10-09-2018 06:10 AM

Biggest needs are depth. No one single high draft star will change this team. We need depth. You can't predict injuries, but it seems that you can predict that the Colts will be near the top in players lost to injury.

HoosierinFL 10-09-2018 06:13 AM

Wow, this really sucks. He's been an anchor at RG.

JAFF 10-09-2018 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 84978)
You can’t and won’t have 9 all pro olinemen. Now I will not bitch about taking big boys early and often but this defense needs talent.

Pass rusher. You have a Freeney, everybody on the D looks better

sherck 10-09-2018 06:52 AM

For Week 6:

LT = Castonzo
LG = Nelson
OC = Kelly
RG = Smith
RT = Clark

OT Depth = Good
OG Depth = Good

And then we were down to only six guys whom I have any faith in. Losing Webb, Slasson and Haeg (perhaps coming back) so far has turned a position group who was pretty deep into razor thin margins.

Sorry, I gotta agree with Puck on this one. Keeping Luck upright and allowing him to do what he does (2nd half in NE, anyone?) will propel this team more than a stronger defense.

I am not demanding that the 1st round draft pick be used on OT in 2019; however, ignoring O-Line depth and starters just because at one point in the year we had good depth is foolish. Luck drives this team's success; keeping him protected and opening running holes is as important as any other need you could list.

I am not sold on Clark or Good as the longish term solution at RT but if I have to live with it, I can given the potential of the other 4 pieces. But we need to keep drafting one O-Linemen in the first 4 rounds of the draft EVERY YEAR in order to keep the depth stocked and hope that we hit on a "Leonard-like" talent every couple of years to really elevate their play.

But, O-Line in 2019? One of top 3 picks (1st & 2nd round) please!

Walk Worthy,

sherck 10-09-2018 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 85002)
Pass rusher. You have a Freeney, everybody on the D looks better

Through five games:

2002: 6 tackles, 2.0 sacks, 4 tackles for loss, 2 QB Hits, 1 FF = Freeney

2018: 7 tackles, 2.0 sacks, 0 tackles for loss, 5 QB Hits, 0 FF = Turay

I am not saying that Turay is the next coming of Dwight Freeney.

I am also not saying that if DeMarcus Lawrence hits free agency that you don't throw a pot full of money at him (or to a lesser extent Frank Clark from SEA or Allen Bailey from KC).

I am saying that the Colts currently rank "Tied-3rd" with the Lions in the NFL with 17 sacks delivered only two behind the NFL leading Steelers with 19 and one behind the 2nd plack Bears with 18 sacks. It is a group effort.

Now, a HUGE difference between those first three defenses and us in the "defend the pass" game is completion percentages allowed:

PIT = 62.0% allowed
CHI = 64.2% allowed
DET = 63.8% allowed
IND = 72.1% allowed

In fact, we are the 4th worst in allowing the highest completion percentage against our defense inspite of the fact that we are 3rd in sacks.

To me, that screams that we need help in the back seven a WHOLE LOT more than we need help on the D-Line. Coverage of receivers is lacking if we are "getting home" a lot but yet they are completing 7 out of 10 pass attempts against us.

Walk Worthy,

omahacolt 10-09-2018 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 84981)
The only 3 olinemen that are with a fuck are the ones drafted in the first round. All the others are just backups or depth. They are nothing more . This team needs a solid oline above and beyond everything else right now. The D has a few playmakers on the d line and WLB and even safety.

That is just false. Clark has proven to be a valuable player as a backup. Good has played well in spots. Smith looks like he can play.

Using your 1st round pick every year on an oline man is stupid. Nobody is saying don’t keep feeding the talent and depth there but oline is definitely not the biggest need.

Maniac 10-09-2018 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 85004)
For Week 6:

LT = Castonzo
LG = Nelson
OC = Kelly
RG = Smith
RT = Clark

OT Depth = Good
OG Depth = Good

And then we were down to only six guys whom I have any faith in. Losing Webb, Slasson and Haeg (perhaps coming back) so far has turned a position group who was pretty deep into razor thin margins.

Sorry, I gotta agree with Puck on this one. Keeping Luck upright and allowing him to do what he does (2nd half in NE, anyone?) will propel this team more than a stronger defense.

I am not demanding that the 1st round draft pick be used on OT in 2019; however, ignoring O-Line depth and starters just because at one point in the year we had good depth is foolish. Luck drives this team's success; keeping him protected and opening running holes is as important as any other need you could list.

I am not sold on Clark or Good as the longish term solution at RT but if I have to live with it, I can given the potential of the other 4 pieces. But we need to keep drafting one O-Linemen in the first 4 rounds of the draft EVERY YEAR in order to keep the depth stocked and hope that we hit on a "Leonard-like" talent every couple of years to really elevate their play.

But, O-Line in 2019? One of top 3 picks (1st & 2nd round) please!

Walk Worthy,

You are contradicting yourself. You said that this group was pretty deep until we lost Haeg, Slauson, and Webb. That shows that injuries are the problem, and drafting someone in the 1st or 2nd round doesn't do anything to guarantee against injuries happening again.

I have no issue with them drafting an OL this next draft, but it absolutely does not need to be in the 1st or 2nd round, and it's far from the biggest need on this team. If the guys who are out were healthy, you wouldn't say OL was that big of a need, so we just need to get them healthy.

The only way we need to spend an early pick on OL at this point is if we have to replace Castanzo. LT would be worth spending an earlier pick on if needed, but we just need to get him healthy right now.

Dam8610 10-09-2018 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 85009)
Through five games:

2002: 6 tackles, 2.0 sacks, 4 tackles for loss, 2 QB Hits, 1 FF = Freeney

2018: 7 tackles, 2.0 sacks, 0 tackles for loss, 5 QB Hits, 0 FF = Turay

I am not saying that Turay is the next coming of Dwight Freeney.

I am also not saying that if DeMarcus Lawrence hits free agency that you don't throw a pot full of money at him (or to a lesser extent Frank Clark from SEA or Allen Bailey from KC).

I am saying that the Colts currently rank "Tied-3rd" with the Lions in the NFL with 17 sacks delivered only two behind the NFL leading Steelers with 19 and one behind the 2nd plack Bears with 18 sacks. It is a group effort.

Now, a HUGE difference between those first three defenses and us in the "defend the pass" game is completion percentages allowed:

PIT = 62.0% allowed
CHI = 64.2% allowed
DET = 63.8% allowed
IND = 72.1% allowed

In fact, we are the 4th worst in allowing the highest completion percentage against our defense inspite of the fact that we are 3rd in sacks.

To me, that screams that we need help in the back seven a WHOLE LOT more than we need help on the D-Line. Coverage of receivers is lacking if we are "getting home" a lot but yet they are completing 7 out of 10 pass attempts against us.

Walk Worthy,

Darius Leonard has 4 of those 17 sacks. Ideally in this defense his role is much less defined by his pass rush ability. Further, the best DL on the team this far is 31 year old Margus Hunt, who is having a sudden breakout career year. I also like Turay, but the 2019 draft class is brimming with DL talent in a year that the Colts have 3 top 50 picks. I'm a big believer in drafting at the intersection of BPA and need, so while DL might not be the biggest immediate need, I also don't see anyone on this DL who I would count on to be anything more than a rotational piece going forward as of now. Things could also change in the draft between now and then, but given the level of talent at DL in this draft class the way it currently sits and the talent the Colts currently have on the DL, I'd be surprised if the Colts didn't end up with at least 2 DL from their 3 likely top 50 draft picks.

Puck 10-09-2018 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 85012)
That is just false. Clark has proven to be a valuable player as a backup. Good has played well in spots. Smith looks like he can play.

Using your 1st round pick every year on an oline man is stupid. Nobody is saying don’t keep feeding the talent and depth there but oline is definitely not the biggest need.

Yes they are fine as backups but we have 3 total stating quality players on this oline... AC Nelson and Kelly. ( Slauson was also) Everyone else is a back up. When you have injuries to those 3 it makes everything worse. We need a starting RT as soon as possible and move Smith to guard.

We need to draft a starting LT in the draft next yr or find one in FA. Then let them compete with AC as to who plays left and who plays right and in the event AC needs replaced.... its covered

After that its CB's with better coverage we would have even more sacks