ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Head Coaching Search (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31733)

Dam8610 01-09-2018 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 50919)
If we were “all-in” on a poor talent evaluator and decision-maker that doesn’t bode well for our search.

We just fired a coach that was a poor talent evaluator and decision-maker.

I don't think the report is accurate, either.

DrSpaceman 01-09-2018 05:11 PM

Nagy may have said that about the Bears, but what else is he going to say after being hired by the Bears?

"Yes I liked the Colts position better but didn't want to hold out until they were done interviewing and I had an offer, so I just settled on the Bears"

I wouldn't put much stock into it all. Who knows if he actually said that or the actual source.

I'd take a 75% Luck over a healthy Tribusky for the next 10 years

Heck for that matter, I would take Brissett over trubisky for the next decade. He outperformed him this past season, basically both rookies in terms of starting. Put an OL in front of him and with a competent OC and system in place, he would be OK, as good as what Trubisky has shown at least

1965southpaw 01-09-2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 50917)
I tend to think what FatDT said, local guy trying to drum shit up.

Agreed. JMV and Rick Venturi are characterizing this as Chicago trying to make themselves feel better about the selection since KC just shit the bed in the second half of the wildcard game. The only candidates they are hearing Ballard MAY be "all in" on are Taub and Daniels. Ballard seems to be a man of his word and is keeping a very tight lid on leeks and it seems to really bother JMV that he's not getting anything of substance from his "sources".

Luck4Reich 01-09-2018 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 50898)
Its being said we were all in in nagy but he chose the bears.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/1/...tter-situation

Everyone should have realized this was horse shit as soon as it was posted lol.

Gimmick 01-09-2018 08:37 PM

Yeah that **** is dumb. Who would ever fall for that?

Hopefully they are just waiting for Philly to lose this weekend so they can get Reich.

YDFL Commish 01-09-2018 10:05 PM

I'm mildly surprised that so few college coaches, not named Saban, Harbaugh and Shaw are getting any attention.

I'm talking about guys like James Franklin, Mike Leach, Matt Campbell and Chris Peterson.

The reason I say that, is that under the current CBA, the NFL is going to need to run more of the college concepts on offense. The systems and play calls are easier to learn, and most rookies and young players have already been trained in them.

Dewey 5 01-09-2018 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gimmick (Post 50982)
Yeah that **** is dumb. Who would ever fall for that?

Hopefully they are just waiting for Philly to lose this weekend so they can get Reich.

If Ballard wanted to interview Reich he would have done it last week when the Eagles had a bye.

VeveJones007 01-09-2018 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 50992)
I'm mildly surprised that so few college coaches, not named Saban, Harbaugh and Shaw are getting any attention.

I'm talking about guys like James Franklin, Mike Leach, Matt Campbell and Chris Peterson.

The reason I say that, is that under the current CBA, the NFL is going to need to run more of the college concepts on offense. The systems and play calls are easier to learn, and most rookies and young players have already been trained in them.

They already are integrating more college concepts, particularly run-pass options; however, the rule differences like ineligible receivers downfield make it a harder conversion than to you would think on the surface.

VeveJones007 01-09-2018 11:32 PM

Per Kravitz:

“The Colts did not offer Matt Nagy, the Chicago Bears new coach, the Colts head coaching job. There was interest but no offer was made, per a source with knowledge of the process.“

But adds:

“Kap was right. The Colts were very interested in Nagy. He never said there was a job offer. Said they were “all in” on him, which is accurate.”

YDFL Commish 01-09-2018 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 51000)
They already are integrating more college concepts, particularly run-pass options; however, the rule differences like ineligible receivers downfield make it a harder conversion than to you would think on the surface.

You are correct. But the dinosaurs like Fisher and Pagano are stuck in the past.
If the next HC comes in here and says we're going to run the ball and stop the run, I'm going to puke.

Look it's going to take a HC that embraces progressive concepts to get this team to a place where It say wants it to be.