ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Colts sign RT (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42841)

omahacolt 05-09-2018 02:44 PM

Colts sign RT

Austin Howard. He sucks. Don’t get excited. Hope he gets cut

sherck 05-09-2018 03:37 PM

Austin Howard is a solid RT in the NFL whom has had some pretty good seasons as a full time starter. His past 3 seasons have been solid (not great) but solid.

Adds competition to the RT position. Howard, Haeg, Good and Clark will now duke it out to see who starts and who is worth backing up.

No jobs just handed out; I like that. My ideal of the depth charts:

OT: 'Stanzo, Howard, Haeg, Good, Clark

OG: Nelson, Smith, Mewhort, Slausson, Bond

OC: Kelly, Slausson, Bond (okay, no real competition here but solid depth)

I have a good feeling about the O-Line this season.

Walk Worthy,

VeveJones007 05-09-2018 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 66928)
Austin Howard is a solid RT in the NFL whom has had some pretty good seasons as a full time starter. His past 3 seasons have been solid (not great) but solid.

Adds competition to the RT position. Howard, Haeg, Good and Clark will now duke it out to see who starts and who is worth backing up.

No jobs just handed out; I like that. My ideal of the depth charts:

OT: 'Stanzo, Howard, Haeg, Good, Clark

OG: Nelson, Smith, Mewhort, Slausson, Bond

OC: Kelly, Slausson, Bond (okay, no real competition here but solid depth)

I have a good feeling about the O-Line this season.

Walk Worthy,

I feel good about the line as well...but if we're wrong, this organization is royally fucked given how much they've invested in the line.

Dam8610 05-09-2018 04:08 PM

After this offseason, they'd better have the OL addressed, preferably for at least the next 2 years.

Dam8610 05-09-2018 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 66925)
Austin Howard. He sucks. Don’t get excited. Hope he gets cut

You overreact a lot. Ravens fans seemed disappointed to lose him, so I doubt he's as terrible as you describe.

njcoltfan 05-09-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 66934)
After this offseason, they'd better have the OL addressed, preferably for at least the next 2 years.

Better be longer than 2 fucking years!!

Dam8610 05-09-2018 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 66940)
Better be longer than 2 fucking years!!

Castanzo is getting older, wouldn't mind seeing at least a developmental guy at LT in the 2020 draft. Apart from that though, there should be no need to draft OL before Day 3 before the 2021 draft at the earliest.

Maniac 05-09-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 66934)

Nah, they'll look to upgrade the RT spot still in the draft next year.

Hoopsdoc 05-09-2018 07:47 PM

Brokedick alert. Well, other than Omaha.

Chromeburn 05-09-2018 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 66941)
Castanzo is getting older, wouldn't mind seeing at least a developmental guy at LT in the 2020 draft. Apart from that though, there should be no need to draft OL before Day 3 before the 2021 draft at the earliest.

I could see us drafting OT in the 1st next year and then move Castonzo to the right after another season. Should be better candidates at OT in next years draft.