ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sorry, I just like seeing it in print..... (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43295)

sherck 05-15-2018 09:09 AM

Sorry, I just like seeing it in print.....

Castonzo / Nelson / Kelly / Smith / Howard (or Haeg or Good or Mewhort)

New year, Freaks, and a new O-Line the likes Luck has never seen before.

I think this year is going to be spent watching the Colts score A LOT of TDs.

Of course, it might also be spent watching them give up A LOT of TDs but at least the games will probably not be 9 - 6 snoozefests! :)

Walk Worthy,

VeveJones007 05-15-2018 10:49 AM

After the shit show the last few years, it’ll be great to watch a competent team again.

nate505 05-15-2018 11:35 AM

I'm actually interested in this season. Unlike last year when dumb fuck Irsay kept around one of the most worthless head coaches ever for no good reason whatsoever.

Honestly, between that and Luck how many people were checked out before week 1?

VeveJones007 05-15-2018 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate505 (Post 67465)
I'm actually interested in this season. Unlike last year when dumb fuck Irsay kept around one of the most worthless head coaches ever for no good reason whatsoever.

The games always matter. Because of the shitty 2017 season, the team got a top 10 pick and three additional 2nd rounders. Just because you weren't interested in 2017 doesn't mean that it didn't directly influence your level of interest in 2018.

testcase448 05-15-2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate505 (Post 67465)

Why would you watch that shit last year

Puck 05-15-2018 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testcase448 (Post 67481)

I’m a Colts Freak not a bandwagoner

YDFL Commish 05-15-2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 67451)

Of course, it might also be spent watching them give up A LOT of TDs but at least the games will probably not be 9 - 6 snoozefests! :)

Walk Worthy,

Let me repeat this again. Mewhort will not be playing at RT.

rcubed 05-15-2018 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testcase448 (Post 67481)

Hey Puck, do you have the ability to add a 'thumbs down' button?

Puck 05-15-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 67492)
Hey Puck, do you have the ability to add a 'thumbs down' button?

Have to ask Edgeman He's the smart one

In the mean time just say "shut the fuck up fag" and everyone can thumbs up it... that's how we normally do it

Dam8610 05-15-2018 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 67451)

Walk Worthy,

Now hopefully Ballard can address the defense in 2019 and 2020.

Butter 05-15-2018 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 67487)

I don't buy into that either.

FatDT 05-15-2018 04:09 PM

Mewhort struggles with speed even at guard when healthy. Let's not put him at tackle and make it worse.

rcubed 05-15-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 67498)
Have to ask Edgeman He's the smart one

In the mean time just say "shut the fuck up fag" and everyone can thumbs up it... that's how we normally do it

I didnt think headcase448 would get 'shut up fag'

sherck 05-16-2018 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 67487)

I know that and I agree.

I added it in the end because I did not want to hear "but why would we let a 2nd round draft pick sit the bench!?!?" I don't think he can play on the edge but I am also not an NFL O-Line coach like Tom Simpson was and I really don't know for sure what Mewhort's skill sets are. I know what I see on TV but...

Anyway, what little film I saw on the UDFA OT we just signed after rookie camp looks interesting. Yeah, Div II school and all but his feet and hand fighting looked the part.

Starters = 'Stanzo / Nelson / Kelly / Smith / Howard (see, I was able to put it in writing AGAIN)

Depth = Haeg / Good / Mewhort / Slausson / ???

If we keep 10 O-Linemen on the active roster, there is one spot open for someone else to fill. It could be just about anyone else on the roster as I see no one that I would say is a front-runner with the possible exception of Deshawn Bond.

However, Bond is limited to the interior positions and I would guess that an O-Line coach would want another dude like Haeg or Good who could swing from OT to OG if needed.

Good place to be, Freaks! Our depth O-Line actually has alot of names on it that I would not mind were spot starters. It has been a LONG time since that has been the case.

Walk Worthy,

sherck 06-11-2018 12:29 PM

As an update:

Starters:

OT = 105 NFL games started / 82.0 PFF grade / Castonzo
OG = 000 NFL games started / 95.1 PFF grade / Nelson (rookie)
OC = 023 NFL games started / 73.8 PFF grade / Kelly
OG = 000 NFL games started / 88.1 PFF grade / Smith (rookie)
OT = 088 NFL games started / 71.6 PFF grade / Howard

Depth:

OT = 029 NFL games started / 67.4 PFF grade / Haeg
OG = 045 NFL games started / 79.3 PFF grade / Mewhort
OC = 004 NFL games started / 42.2 PFF grade / Bond
OG = 108 NFL games started / 73.5 PFF grade / Slauson
OT = 019 NFL games started / 75.2 PFF grade / Good

Others:

OG = 016 NFL games started / 69.7 PFF grade / Vujnovich
OT = 008 NFL games started / 53.2 PFF grade / Clark
OG = 019 NFL games started / 48.3 PFF grade / Glowinski
OT = 000 NFL games started / 00.0 PFF grade / Tyreek Burwell (rookie)
OT = 000 NFL games started / 00.0 PFF grade / Jared Machorro (rookie)

I LOVE that we have two experienced OGs behind the rookies (Mewhort, Slauson) and two experienced depth swing guys that can play OT or OG (Haeg, Good).

My guess is that the nine "locks" on the offensive line are: Castonzo, Nelson, Kelly, Smith, Howard, Slauson, Mewhort, Haeg and Good.

If we keep a 10th O-lineman on the active roster, it could be just about anyone else on the current roster.

I will say again that I LOVE what we did with the O-Line this year in signing Mewhort, Slauson and Howard and drafting Nelson and Smith.

2019 and 2020 should be 75% defensive picks with a few offensive gems thrown in. And perhaps a punter for when Sanchez moves over to be the PK after Adam retires.

Walk Worthy,

YDFL Commish 06-11-2018 02:05 PM

You believe that Smith will beat out both Slauson and Mewhort?

Dam8610 06-11-2018 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 69664)
You believe that Smith will beat out both Slauson and Mewhort?

Yes. Why wouldn't he? Besides, even if he doesn't beat out Mewhort, it won't be long before he's starting in his place.

FatDT 06-11-2018 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headcase448 (Post 69672)
REEEE REEEE REEEE REEEEEE REEEEEEEEE

Look it's headcase the fragile snowflake, here to ruin everything for everyone else because his precious feelings are hurt.

On the topic at hand, yeah, I think it's fair to expect Smith to beat out Mewhort and Slauson. Slauson is old, Mewhort isn't in the best health, the team was slow to re-sign him, and there's no scheme familiarity to give him the leg up anymore. I certainly hope Smith is more talented than Mewhort. No guarantee he starts in game 1, but he's a high draft pick for a reason. No reason not to expect it

YDFL Commish 06-11-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 69676)
Look it's headcase the fragile snowflake, here to ruin everything for everyone else because his precious feelings are hurt.

On the topic at hand, yeah, I think it's fair to expect Smith to beat out Mewhort and Slauson. Slauson is old, Mewhort isn't in the best health, the team was slow to re-sign him, and there's no scheme familiarity to give him the leg up anymore. I certainly hope Smith is more talented than Mewhort. No guarantee he starts in game 1, but he's a high draft pick for a reason. No reason not to expect it

Form what's been reported, Smith has yet to run with the 1st team. Am I missing something there? I'm not saying that Smith won't eventually beat them out. I just don't expect it by game 1.

Brylok 06-11-2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testcase448 (Post 69672)
Says the cum swallowing r-queered
I got it, you watched because your boy friend insisted !
Seriously, if you couldn't find anything better to do with your time it's kinda pathetic.

Pathetic is that you went back and edited your nonsense again. Troll account. You're still on the radar.

sherck 06-11-2018 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 69694)
Form what's been reported, Smith has yet to run with the 1st team. Am I missing something there? I'm not saying that Smith won't eventually beat them out. I just don't expect it by game 1.

Not missing anything yet.

But Smith is more talented than either Mewhort or Slauson and since we are not competing this year, giving the rook experience makes sense.

Making him earn it is good coaching; however, I expect him to win the job by the 3rd pre-season game.

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

testcase448 06-12-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 69712)
not missing anything yet.

But smith is more talented than either mewhort or slauson and since we are not competing this year, giving the rook experience makes sense.

Making him earn it is good coaching; however, i expect him to win the job by the 3rd pre-season game.

Walk worthy,

sent from my sm-g930v using tapatalk

and back to football!

smitty46953 06-12-2018 07:42 PM

Go to "Smack Shack" for your childish stuff. Not going move a bunch of posts, easier to delete the poster … :cool:

FatDT 06-13-2018 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 69694)

Don't think there's anything to miss, our expectations are just different. If he doesn't earn the starting job outright by the start of the season I'll be a bit disappointed. He was taken high in the draft specifically to start, I'd think.

sherck 06-13-2018 07:11 AM

For those that complain about PFF having a secret grading system, here is an article where they explain how they grade offensive and defensive linemen (located here).

As for our two rookie OGs starting at the beginning of the season, here are 2017 PFF grades for NFL guards plus top rookies:

95.1 = Quinton Nelson, Notre Dame (1st round pick of IND)
92.2 = Zach Martin, Dallas Cowboys
91.7 = David DeCastro, Pittsburgh Steelers
91.4 = Will Hernandez, UTEP (2nd round pick of NYG)
88.8 = Andrew Norwell, Carolina Panthers
88.3 = Brandon Brooks, Philadelphia Eagles
88.1 = Isaiah Wynn, Georgia (1st round pick of NE)
88.1 = Braden Smith, Auburn (2nd round pick of IND)
86.0 = Josh Sitton, Miami Dolphins
85.2 = Joel Bitonio, Cleveland Browns
84.6 = Rodger Saffold, Los Angles Rams
84.4 = Marshall Yanda, Baltimore Ravens
83.8 = Billy Price, Ohio State (1st round pick of CIN)
83.2 = Brandon Scherff, Washington Redskins
81.2 = Ron Leary, Denver Broncos
81.1 = Shaq Mason, New England Patriots
81.1 = Kevin Zeitler, Cleveland Browns
80.5 = Richie Incognito, Buffalo Bills

I COMPLETELY understand that the level of competition from college to pros is different and I don't exepct both of our rookie guards to be top ten NFL OGs in their rookie year.

Also, my guess is that if NYG hand not picked Hernandez 2 spots before our #36 and #37 selections, that we would have picked Hernandez over Smith.

All said and done, Nelson's and Smith's level of talent is far and away better than Mewhort or Slauson (at this stage of his career). They both should win the starting spots during Training Camp.

Walk Worthy,

FatDT 06-13-2018 09:01 AM

I think Mewhorts value will be his ability to provide starter-quality play when injury requires it. I see him as a high-end Joe Reitz. Hopefully lowering his in-game minutes will let him stay healthy and extend his career.

sherck 06-13-2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 69870)
I think Mewhorts value will be his ability to provide starter-quality play when injury requires it. I see him as a high-end Joe Reitz. Hopefully lowering his in-game minutes will let him stay healthy and extend his career.

Totally agree.

I think of Jack Mewhort (post-injury) as a younger version of Austin Howard.

Howard is an average to low-end starter in the NFL. A guy who can "get you by" for a year but one that you hope to upgrade on in the off-season. He is of NFL starter quality but not one that ever knocks your socks off.

Mewhort, until he proves otherwise, is in the same boat in my mind. I think he is a GREAT insurance policy (just like Haeg and Good) but I don't want him starting because I don't think he can be superior anymore.

And I think both Nelson and Smith have the potential to be superior.

That said, we are good for 2018 but will then either need to invest some picks in O-Linemen to keep that train rolling in 2019 or re-sign Mewhort and/or an OT.

Walk Worthy,

smitty46953 06-13-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by testcase448 (Post 69874)
Just deleted. Sherck

Sherck, didn't do it, I did … :cool:

testcase448 06-13-2018 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 69898)
sherck, didn't do it, i did … :cool:

then read up a post
apologies to sherck

smitty46953 06-13-2018 02:36 PM

Testcase448 failed the test BYE !!! :cool:

Coltsalr 06-13-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 69900)
Testcase448 failed the test BYE !!! :cool:

https://media.tenor.com/images/6a9af...6745/tenor.gif

Brylok 06-13-2018 10:33 PM

It was just so juvenile and, ultimately, dumb. Was given plenty of rope and wound up doing the inevitable. Good riddance.

rcubed 06-14-2018 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 69946)
It was just so juvenile and, ultimately, dumb. Was given plenty of rope and wound up doing the inevitable. Good riddance.

The old trolls didnt bother me. They were often comical in their ridiculousness. He just was an insufferable bitch.

Johanvil 06-14-2018 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 69953)
The old trolls didnt bother me. They were often comical in their ridiculousness. He just was an insufferable racist bitch.

Added a key word.

Pez 06-14-2018 05:41 PM

Thanks smitty, I havent seen anyone get banned in quite some time for being a troll. I wish I hadn't fed him like I did.

FatDT 06-14-2018 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 70029)
Thanks smitty, I havent seen anyone get banned in quite some time for being a troll. I wish I hadn't fed him like I did.

Disagree, dipshits like that are emboldened by silence, they need to be told they are idiots and to shut up.

Racehorse 06-15-2018 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 70053)
Disagree, dipshits like that are emboldened by silence, they need to be told they are idiots and to shut up.

Dudes like that make Dam seem rational