ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pagano Watch (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29676)

Coltsalr 12-17-2017 11:32 AM

Pagano Watch

Ben Volin of the Boston Globe said to expect a "housecleaning" in Indianapolis this offseason.
That includes both the coaching staff and 53-man roster. With Indianapolis set to miss the playoffs for a third consecutive year, Chuck Pagano is likely nearing the end of his Colts tenure. Per Volin, GM Chris Ballard wants to give Chiefs special teams coordinator Dave Toub a head-coaching opportunity, though owner Jim Irsay may be looking for a "sexier" hire. Ballard has also been grilling Jacoby Brissett on Josh McDaniels, who served as Brissett's OC during his time in New England. Either way, it's a near certainty that Pagano will be handed his walking papers on Black Monday.
Source: Boston Globe Dec 17 - 9:28 AM

I think this is our first “Pagano expected to be fired” report of the year.

Indiana V2 12-17-2017 11:41 AM

We've heard this before, hope it happens this time. Would not mind giving McDaniels another chance as a head coach.

Luck4Reich 12-17-2017 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 46821)
Ben Volin of the Boston Globe said to expect a "housecleaning" in Indianapolis this offseason.
That includes both the coaching staff and 53-man roster. With Indianapolis set to miss the playoffs for a third consecutive year, Chuck Pagano is likely nearing the end of his Colts tenure. Per Volin, GM Chris Ballard wants to give Chiefs special teams coordinator Dave Toub a head-coaching opportunity, though owner Jim Irsay may be looking for a "sexier" hire. Ballard has also been grilling Jacoby Brissett on Josh McDaniels, who served as Brissett's OC during his time in New England. Either way, it's a near certainty that Pagano will be handed his walking papers on Black Monday.
Source: Boston Globe Dec 17 - 9:28 AM

I think this is our first “Pagano expected to be fired” report of the year.

The only exciting thing about the offseason. Chuck being fired and hopefully Chud. Also seeing what Ballard does with the draft.

Coltsalr 12-17-2017 11:45 AM

A roster purge is interesting, but the more I think about it...

QB-Okay lets just pray that this position isn’t overhauled. But Luck being so healthy to the point that the Colts feel comfortable dealing with Brissett would obviously be a very positive development and one that would contribute to a “housecleaning.”

RB-Gore is very obviously gone. Mack should be back, but I don’t think he’s shown enough to be definitive RB1. Turbin and Ferguson are both probably gone too. Likely “housecleaning.”

WR- Hilton will probably stay, but I’m guessing Moncrief/Aiken/Rogers are all gone. I’ll call this position a “housecleaning”

TE- Doyle will stay, Brandon Williams is dead and Erik Swoope is on Year 15 of him being one year away from being ready. This’ll be a housecleaning after Doyle.

OL-Castonzo and Kelly seem safe. Mewhort will be a UFA, and I’m not sure we’d bother, Particularly if we have a new a coaching staff, “knows the system” won’t be at all relevant. No one else at OL impresses me enough to be handed a starting job next year. 3/5 new starters constitutes a housecleaning I suppose, though I’m a bit skeptical they’ll go to quite that degree.

DL- I’d actually keep most of these guys. Hankins, Woods, Anderson, and Hunt have all been good. You can add some more depth obviously, but I’d keep the core. Though I also wouldn’t be opposed to a Sheldon Richardson addition. But I don’t think this will be a “housecleaning”

OLB-I like Simon/Sheard, though I’d obviously love it if we could get some blue chip pass rusher. Again, augmenting the position, not “housecleaning” it.

ILB- Okay, yep, burn it down. Anyone that’s played ILB this year deserves a pink tag. They all suck. Houseclean this motherfucker.

CB-Hopefully the new coaching staff won’t weirdly bench Quincy Wilson. I suppose you could “houseclean the depth” but I was okay with Desir/Hairston/Melvin.

S-Geathers and Hooker seems like a potentially good Safety duo. Need to see more from Geathers, he’s understandly rusty now. Butler is very likely gone, I haven’t been overly impressed with his move to Safety and I like Butler. If they do decide that Geathers isn’t the starter of the future, move on from Butler, this will be a housecleaning of that individual spot.

I guess everyone can decide for themselves if the above would constitute a “housecleaning”.

rcubed 12-17-2017 12:07 PM

I think they would keep rogers

Puck 12-17-2017 12:12 PM

Marvin Lewis will be gone after this season. Announced on NFLN

ChoppedWood 12-17-2017 12:14 PM

Sadly I don't think this will go high enough.

Jim needs to purge Jim- and I just don't think that's gonna happen.

To me, Jim has very sadly become a mostly mirrored image of Bob. It is time for a change at the very top to bring some new vision to this team. Either hand the reins to the girls, or bring in a President and stay completely out of the front office other than using a pen to sign checks and wave at the cameras and defer to your leadership team.

Right now this thing is fucked and my feeling is Jim is too personally woven into it to gut it to the joists and start the fuck over. Even the statement above that he may be looking for a bigger "splash" type hire- says that he can't get the fuck out of the way.

VeveJones007 12-17-2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 46824)
A roster purge is interesting, but the more I think about it...

QB-Okay lets just pray that this position isn’t overhauled. But Luck being so healthy to the point that the Colts feel comfortable dealing with Brissett would obviously be a very positive development and one that would contribute to a “housecleaning.”

RB-Gore is very obviously gone. Mack should be back, but I don’t think he’s shown enough to be definitive RB1. Turbin and Ferguson are both probably gone too. Likely “housecleaning.”

WR- Hilton will probably stay, but I’m guessing Moncrief/Aiken/Rogers are all gone. I’ll call this position a “housecleaning”

TE- Doyle will stay, Brandon Williams is dead and Erik Swoope is on Year 15 of him being one year away from being ready. This’ll be a housecleaning after Doyle.

OL-Castonzo and Kelly seem safe. Mewhort will be a UFA, and I’m not sure we’d bother, Particularly if we have a new a coaching staff, “knows the system” won’t be at all relevant. No one else at OL impresses me enough to be handed a starting job next year. 3/5 new starters constitutes a housecleaning I suppose, though I’m a bit skeptical they’ll go to quite that degree.

DL- I’d actually keep most of these guys. Hankins, Woods, Anderson, and Hunt have all been good. You can add some more depth obviously, but I’d keep the core. Though I also wouldn’t be opposed to a Sheldon Richardson addition. But I don’t think this will be a “housecleaning”

OLB-I like Simon/Sheard, though I’d obviously love it if we could get some blue chip pass rusher. Again, augmenting the position, not “housecleaning” it.

ILB- Okay, yep, burn it down. Anyone that’s played ILB this year deserves a pink tag. They all suck. Houseclean this motherfucker.

CB-Hopefully the new coaching staff won’t weirdly bench Quincy Wilson. I suppose you could “houseclean the depth” but I was okay with Desir/Hairston/Melvin.

S-Geathers and Hooker seems like a potentially good Safety duo. Need to see more from Geathers, he’s understandly rusty now. Butler is very likely gone, I haven’t been overly impressed with his move to Safety and I like Butler. If they do decide that Geathers isn’t the starter of the future, move on from Butler, this will be a housecleaning of that individual spot.

I guess everyone can decide for themselves if the above would constitute a “housecleaning”.

You just listed over half of the roster under the “needs replaced” column. That is a housecleaning.

VeveJones007 12-17-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 46832)
Sadly I don't think this will go high enough.

Jim needs to purge Jim- and I just don't think that's gonna happen.

To me, Jim has very sadly become a mostly mirrored image of Bob. It is time for a change at the very top to bring some new vision to this team. Either hand the reins to the girls, or bring in a President and stay completely out of the front office other than using a pen to sign checks and wave at the cameras and defer to your leadership team.

Right now this thing is fucked and my feeling is Jim is too personally woven into it to gut it to the joists and start the fuck over. Even the statement above that he may be looking for a bigger "splash" type hire- says that he can't get the fuck out of the way.

Jim doesn’t look so good (heathwise). Kravitz has mentioned it recently.

Puck 12-17-2017 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 46833)
You just listed over half of the roster under the “needs replaced” column. That is a housecleaning.

Well that would give us about 200 million in cap space. HAHA.