ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hard to come up with a metaphor (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155248)

Kray007 12-06-2022 01:31 AM

Hard to come up with a metaphor

It was as if you’re walking through a valley, minding your own business, when you get hit in the top of the head with a pebble. You think nothing of it and keep on going, only to be hit by another. Then, when you look up and to your left, you see that the entire mountainside is sliding towards you.

Brylok 12-06-2022 04:21 AM

No metaphor is needed. We are half good, half bad, and shit overall. An absolute mess. We can't be like that. This might take years to fix.

Brylok 12-06-2022 04:29 AM

We're oddly like the opposite Manning years now. Good defense, shit offense. But that old Manning defense wasn't anywhere near the level of shit our current offense is now. Regardless of year. I have no idea where this team is going.

njcoltfan 12-06-2022 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 253121)
We're oddly like the opposite Manning years now. Good defense, shit offense. But that old Manning defense wasn't anywhere near the level of shit our current offense is now. Regardless of year. I have no idea where this team is going.

Right now, they're going absolutely nowhere !!

CletusPyle 12-06-2022 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 253121)

The Indy fanbase will not support a perennial loser....the stands will be empty or filled with our opponents fans, like with Pittsburgh! Even Cincinnati supported the Bengals when they went through a decade of losing, they didn't even fire their coach! There are a 1/2 dozen cities, with larger metros than Indy, that would love to have an NFL franchise. 5 more years of crap football and the Colts might be going to another city!

JAFF 12-06-2022 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CletusPyle (Post 253133)
The Indy fanbase will not support a perennial loser....the stands will be empty or filled with our opponents fans, like with Pittsburgh! Even Cincinnati supported the Bengals when they went through a decade of losing, they didn't even fire their coach! There are a 1/2 dozen cities, with larger metros than Indy, that would love to have an NFL franchise. 5 more years of crap football and the Colts might be going to another city!

What were the colts before manning showed up? People showed up

CletusPyle 12-06-2022 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 253137)
What were the colts before manning showed up? People showed up

Lots of empty seats back in the early 90s, I know I was there. They actually had some good teams in the mid 90s and then when Peyton came into town pretty much a sell out. The Dome only held 57,000 and when they were crap it it was never full. Of course for the first 5 years people came because it was new and exciting, didn't matter how good they were, we had an NFL team!

Right now there is enough optimism for the future that most people (including scalpers) are not giving up their season tickets. But they are selling them to the opposing fan base at an alarming rate, and that will only get worse if they don't get this shit show back on track!

I'm just saying that with cities like San Diego, San Antonio, Portland, Austin, and even Columbus OH if this team is in the cellar of the AFC South for the next 5 years....they might be in trouble! The NFL also wants some teams in Europe at some point....you can only have so many franchises or the talent gets too thin!

ChoppedWood 12-06-2022 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CletusPyle (Post 253140)
Lots of empty seats back in the early 90s, I know I was there. They actually had some good teams in the mid 90s and then when Peyton came into town pretty much a sell out. The Dome only held 57,000 and when they were crap it it was never full. Of course for the first 5 years people came because it was new and exciting, didn't matter how good they were, we had an NFL team!

Right now there is enough optimism for the future that most people (including scalpers) are not giving up their season tickets. But they are selling them to the opposing fan base at an alarming rate, and that will only get worse if they don't get this shit show back on track!

I'm just saying that with cities like San Diego, San Antonio, Portland, Austin, and even Columbus OH if this team is in the cellar of the AFC South for the next 5 years....they might be in trouble! The NFL also wants some teams in Europe at some point....you can only have so many franchises or the talent gets too thin!

Good post.

It wasn't that long ago, in that window btwn Harbaugh and Peyton that there was growing sentiment that the Colts could move out to LA- and the noise was getting pretty loud for a bit and of course Peyton shut that shit down basically 3 games into his rookie season and you could see what was coming.

Jim is going to have to massively change things up to keep the fan interest. Gonna have to ditch this Ballard mantra of winning the cap space off season trophy as some sort of great achievement. We are going to have to go very young and try to fill in with some high profile vets that will draw local's attention.

I for one, will be glad to see Ballard gone. Dynasties are cool, they are also in many respects, incredible luck and lack of injuries at the QB position. Today's NFL is a short term play for glory, tear it down, repeat the process. He wants to plan this 20 year model of excellence, it's virtually impossible in today's salary cap world where your super stars rapidly consume too much of the cap to maintain an exceptional overall talent level on your team.

Brylok 12-06-2022 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CletusPyle (Post 253133)
The Indy fanbase will not support a perennial loser....

Sure they will. They still support the Pacers, and they supported the Colts in the pre-Manning years.

rcubed 12-06-2022 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 253144)
Dynasties are cool, they are also in many respects, incredible luck and lack of injuries at the QB position. Today's NFL is a short term play for glory, tear it down, repeat the process. He wants to plan this 20 year model of excellence, it's virtually impossible in today's salary cap world where your super stars rapidly consume too much of the cap to maintain an exceptional overall talent level on your team.

Yep. I was discussing with a friend the other day - would you rather have a decade of sustained success like the peyton years, but only 1 championship OR a period of ups and downs like the eli years where NYGs won a couple but had some shit years in between?