ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Time to look ahead to 2020 (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90290)

jasperhobbs 12-01-2019 08:09 PM

Time to look ahead to 2020

Players that won't be back

Ebron - Not worthy of a deal and some team will overpay for him.

Funchess -Really didn't have a chance to show what he can do but I think he moves on.

Sheard- last year of contract I believe. Maybe he will come back on a 1 year deal

Constanzo - I hope is back but I suspect some team will pay more than the Colts want to pay for a player his age.

T.Y Hilton - Colts may move on from him and go with a high pick from the draft.

Draft needs

Wide receivers and another Tight end
Right tackle as I think Braden Smith is better suited at guard and would replace Glowinski who is better off as a backup

Defensive line- Edge rusher and defensive tackle
Linebacker but not a glaring need.
Secondary. Mock drafts have the colts taking a corner and safety but I think they are ok there.
Kicker- without a doubt a need
QB - I am not sold on Brissett

Dam8610 12-01-2019 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasperhobbs (Post 145784)
Players that won't be back

Ebron - Not worthy of a deal and some team will overpay for him.

Funchess -Really didn't have a chance to show what he can do but I think he moves on.

Sheard- last year of contract I believe. Maybe he will come back on a 1 year deal

Constanzo - I hope is back but I suspect some team will pay more than the Colts want to pay for a player his age.

T.Y Hilton - Colts may move on from him and go with a high pick from the draft.

Draft needs

Wide receivers and another Tight end
Right tackle as I think Braden Smith is better suited at guard and would replace Glowinski who is better off as a backup

Defensive line- Edge rusher and defensive tackle
Linebacker but not a glaring need.

You're wrong on most of that. Ebron should be back, no way they're trading Hilton unless they get a 1 from a team like the Dolphins, Costanzo should be back if the front office is smart. Funchess and Sheard I could take or leave.

jasperhobbs 12-01-2019 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 145793)
You're wrong on most of that. Ebron should be back, no way they're trading Hilton unless they get a 1 from a team like the Dolphins, Costanzo should be back if the front office is smart. Funchess and Sheard I could take or leave.

Oh really, what I am so wrong on? Why would they bring Ebron back and Hilton is aging and can't stay healthy. No team will give a #1 for him. I bet you think Adam V should be brought back too

YDFL Commish 12-01-2019 08:38 PM

Quote:

You're valuing Ebron over Sheard? I'm so glad you're not running this team.

Oldcolt 12-01-2019 10:34 PM

Disagree. Next years draft is stacked with wrs. Your not getting a high draft pick for Hilton and even if you did wrs take years to develop. He is one of the only weapons we have so why trade him? When Sheard returned the defense played much better Castanzo is here to stay unless someone goes bonkers for him Left tackles are hard to come by and I don’t see Ballard breaking up the brightest spot of this offense. Ebron and Funches came here because of Luck so my guess is they move on. It will be interesting to see what Ballard

omahacolt 12-01-2019 10:45 PM

Castonzo is going nowhere. Neither is Hilton

Hoopsdoc 12-01-2019 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 145833)
Castonzo is going nowhere. Neither is Hilton

Nor should they. Both are consummate pros who still have something left.

I’m not sure they shouldn’t resign Sheard.

Colts And Orioles 12-01-2019 11:15 PM

o

After a relatively promising start to the season at 5-2, the Colts have lost 4 out of their last 5 games ........ subsequently, unless they run the table and finish at 10-6 overall (which is unlikely, particularly because one of their opponents is the Saints), they seem destined to miss the post-season.

That said, the Colts being 6-6 after 12 games in spite of the fact that Andrew Luck unexpectedly retired just prior to the start of the season tells me that Chris Ballard wasn't just paying lip service in regard to building a complete team that is not overly-reliant on one player (a direct reference to Andrew Luck) ........ the fact that we're all pissed about the team shitting the bed in several of their recent games is a good thing, for the fact that we had our hopes and expectations on a playoff berth more than halfway into the season is a marked difference between the last 2 times in which the Colts went an entire season without their star quarterback ........ when they went 4-12 in 2017 without Andrew Luck, and when they went 2-14 in 2011 without Peyton Manning.

So the team (and the individual players) deserve every bit of criticism that they have been getting lately ........ but just the fact that they are being criticized as though they ought to be 8-4 or 9-3 instead of 6-6 speaks volumes.

o

omahacolt 12-01-2019 11:31 PM

Quote:

Ebron is done with the Colts and should be.

Dewey 5 12-02-2019 12:34 AM

Wouldn’t mind Amari Cooper if the Cowboys don’t re-sign him. He’ll cost but we have the $