ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Shopping for a WR1 (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65245)

rcubed 01-12-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 105593)
No one saw the 1 for Cooper either

I hope ballard doesnt go full-on grigson...

apballin 01-13-2019 09:45 PM

I’d take Brown in a heartbeat, can’t double him and TY. Bottom line TY needs help and the young inexperienced guys are too much of a ? At this point. That would be 2 of the best WR in the league on the same team no way you can stop that

Chromeburn 01-13-2019 10:04 PM

I’d rather draft his cousin Marquis Brown from Oklahoma with our two and have him for ten years. Than trade a valuable draft pick for a 31 year old receiver.

DrSpaceman 01-13-2019 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 106585)
I’d rather draft his cousin Marquis Brown from Oklahoma with our two and have him for ten years. Than trade a valuable draft pick for a 31 year old receiver.

Didn't realize his cousin was in the draft.

Not a big college football guy myself, just follow it peripherally

VeveJones007 01-13-2019 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 106585)

Not that I dislike Brown, but I strongly suspect Ballard is going to want bigger bodies at WR.

Butter 01-14-2019 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 106584)
I’d take Brown in a heartbeat, can’t double him and TY. Bottom line TY needs help and the young inexperienced guys are too much of a ? At this point. That would be 2 of the best WR in the league on the same team no way you can stop that

His talent would be great, his diva BS not so much. I also don't like giving up much more than a 4th or maybe 3rd for a 31 year old diva.

Chromeburn 01-14-2019 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 106593)
Not that I dislike Brown, but I strongly suspect Ballard is going to want bigger bodies at WR.

Probably, he seems to like bigger receivers. But hopefully, this year gave him a newfound appreciation for hands and route running.

apballin 01-14-2019 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 106607)
His talent would be great, his diva BS not so much. I also don't like giving up much more than a 4th or maybe 3rd for a 31 year old diva.

I’m not worried about his age WR can play at a high level for much longer not like he’s a RB

southside asshole 01-15-2019 11:35 AM

Brown is talented for sure and would be an immediate impact player on the field, but I'm going to beat the same drum I've been beating all year and say there's no way I want him in this locker room.

Culture is so important. It's critical in any collaborative process, but maybe even moreso on a football team where trust and communication are being relied upon in real-time.

This is still a very young team, with a new culture and identity. When you bring in an expensive free agent like Brown, that salary comes with a lot of clout and prestige in a locker room. It would be impossible for him to not be influential from day 1. And I think we know enough to say that influence would not be positive.