ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ballard (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17119)

Racehorse 09-09-2017 05:36 PM

Ballard

I know some on here have doubts about Ballard's direction for this franchise. I get it. However, I have to point out that the last organization that he worked for just destroyed the Cheaters. I, for one, hope he brought the formula with him when he came.

VeveJones007 09-09-2017 05:53 PM

He certainly hasn't been faultless, but nobody will be. With how awful this roster was, we need to be a little patient and give him three drafts to sink or swim. I'm still optimistic given his track record and the scouting staff he assembled around him after the draft.

omahacolt 09-09-2017 08:39 PM

Gm's make mistakes. I will give him at least 4 years. Would like to see more impact players added with money available

DrSpaceman 09-09-2017 11:04 PM

Havent even played a real game yet with him as GM

I think I will give him some more time

bertjones 09-09-2017 11:33 PM

I love the fact that he has a strict Compete credo, this franchise has
needed this like forever. But you have to hit on the draft choices and
free agents. We'll see about that.

ChoppedWood 09-10-2017 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bertjones (Post 25195)
I love the fact that he has a strict Compete credo, this franchise has
needed this like forever. But you have to hit on the draft choices and
free agents. We'll see about that.

Tolzein beat out Morris?

njcoltfan 09-10-2017 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 25200)
Tolzein beat out Morris?

Must have, he's starting !

ChoppedWood 09-10-2017 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 25212)
Must have, he's starting !

Drop the rah rah go team. What did your eyes tell you? What did they tell the entire world?

Look, if Ballard has to crater this year to finally convince Jim to move on Chuck and that's all part of the master plan, so be it as there is little doubt with Chuck at the wheel we will forever spin in place. But if instead it is a situation with Ballard thinking Tolzein gives us a better chance to win than Morris- then this team is fucked whether it is Chuck Pagano or Chuck Knoll behind the wheel as there will be plenty more Dorsett's to come and starting centers that were never drafted (say whatever you want, first year, cupboard bare, etc. etc... but that is a damn disgrace in personnel management...).

George Wonsley 09-10-2017 08:57 AM

Just disappointed the O-line is still a mess. Part of that is certainly injuries but this years picks and signings did little to nothing to advance the cause.

Like the incremental improvement approach for the defense and commitment to establishing a solid foundation first. Fully expect at least one difference making free agent signing on this side of the ball next year assuming Ballard feels the defense is ready to make a jump.

Also like the fact he doesn't care about sunk cost. If a player doesn't look like he can contribute in a meaningful way or isnt worth the salary commitment just move on.....

IndyNorm 09-10-2017 09:17 AM

Definitely agree that it's alarming that the OL is back to being a mess and concerning that the 2 moves Ballard made to at least help out with depth on OL didn't make it out of training camp.

We'll see how all of his signings and draft picks on D progress. Hopefully a lot more hits than misses, but at the very least he can't bat any worse than his predecessor.