ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Gerald McCoy (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71469)

YDFL Commish 04-14-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 116161)
McCoy's release would save the Bucs $13 million against the cap this year. If anything wait to see if Bucs release him. I don't see Ballard sending a pick and a player for the 31 year old McCoy who is under contract through 2021;
2019: $13 million
2020: $10 million (+ $2.5 million / Roster Bonus)
2021: $10,432,253 (+ $2.5 million / Roster Bonus)
:cool:

Based on that contract, I agree. Wait and see if he's released.

JAFF 04-14-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 116159)
You use the metrics to determine what natural advantages a given player has that would make making plays easier for them, then you compare that to the tape. More data is better in any predictive analysis exercise.

It is the eye test. Did he make a play? Tackle, sack, pressure?

Don't be a dumb@ss. The player either makes plays or he doesn't

omahacolt 04-14-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 116159)
You use the metrics to determine what natural advantages a given player has that would make making plays easier for them, then you compare that to the tape. More data is better in any predictive analysis exercise.

Shut up

omahacolt 04-14-2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 116163)
For a low pick maybe. But if Ballard is at all interested I expect he’d wait for McCoy to be released.

Yep. This is the only way it makes sense to kick the tires

Chromeburn 04-15-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 116153)
With the premium this system places on length for DL, I doubt Saunders is a target. Plus I don't think Eberflus wants any DL over 300 pounds, and Saunders main selling point is his athleticism at 320. It's the same reason I doubt Dexter Lawrence is a target, and I think the Colts likely value Tillery higher and Wilkins lower than the general scouting community.

I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss him. Players can lose weight and he was very disruptive at the senior bowl. Ballard likes his athletes and senior bowl performers. Also I dismissed a lot of mocks that had us taking Lawrence, but we are currently down a NT and Lawrence isn’t your typical NT plodder. He has a higher RAS score than Tillery and is only a few hundredths behind Q Williams. He might be a three down player, I wonder what he would look like if he lost some weight. It is not often a guy that size, who can move so well, comes along. Tillery and Wren also have high scores, I could see those two getting picked with their length in mind.

FatDT 04-15-2019 12:41 PM

If Dexter Lawrence is the next Haloti Ngata, then yeah let's draft him. If he's the next Snacks Harrison, he'll be valuable but I don't want to spend a 1st on him.

Dam8610 04-15-2019 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 116223)
I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss him. Players can lose weight and he was very disruptive at the senior bowl. Ballard likes his athletes and senior bowl performers. Also I dismissed a lot of mocks that had us taking Lawrence, but we are currently down a NT and Lawrence isn’t your typical NT plodder. He has a higher RAS score than Tillery and is only a few hundredths behind Q Williams. He might be a three down player, I wonder what he would look like if he lost some weight. It is not often a guy that size, who can move so well, comes along. Tillery and Wren also have high scores, I could see those two getting picked with their length in mind.

Lawrence got popped for PEDs and would have to lose about 40 pounds to be in line with what the Colts want is a DL. He may have the requisite length, though. Saunders has very short arms as I recall.

Chromeburn 04-15-2019 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 116224)
If Dexter Lawrence is the next Haloti Ngata, then yeah let's draft him. If he's the next Snacks Harrison, he'll be valuable but I don't want to spend a 1st on him.

I was pretty shocked to see his score. Not many people that size that has that athletiscm.

JAFF 04-15-2019 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 116243)
Lawrence got popped for PEDs and would have to lose about 40 pounds to be in line with what the Colts want is a DL. He may have the requisite length, though. Saunders has very short arms as I recall.

Short arms? What he can't do push ups? He can't reach his wanker? WTF does it mean to have short arms???

Puck 04-15-2019 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 116271)
Short arms? What he can't do push ups? He can't reach his wanker? WTF does it mean to have short arms???

Jaff. Seriously. You do understand the difference here right? Maybe I missed the sarcasm and if I did I apologize.

But all of this stuff makes a difference on the NFL level. This is notFriday night HS football

Measurable safe a REAL THING JSYK