ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What is our Record at the mid-point with Luck? (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87931)

ChoppedWood 11-07-2019 10:45 PM

What is our Record at the mid-point with Luck?

IndyColts2 just brought up a great point about how Andrew stuck us pretty hard and it sparked an interesting thought for debate.

If we have a healthy Luck-- what is our record at the mid-point of the 2019 season?

Boy this is a slippery slope...

I'm going to say 6-2.

What say you?

njcoltfan 11-08-2019 06:10 AM

5-3, Luck didn't kick field goals or extra points.

ChoppedWood 11-08-2019 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 141305)

Obviously, but all of our games have been decided by a possession - so here comes the slippery slope, so you would be saying that in these 8 games Luck would not have put us in a position where we were better than the Chargers, Raiders, or Steelers by at least a point.

If that's the case, why even think about needing a new QB?

Or is the argument that we would be 8-0, which then says that this team is on par with the 49ers and would be a veritable "lock" for the SB this year, which then negates all the "we are still a year or two away" discussion...

Luck4Reich 11-08-2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 141305)

Retarded ass response....

Luck had skillsets far beyond JB. Colts have been in every game and more than likely those many drives that stalled under JB would have been extended by Luck and his ability to make something happen. With Luck Colts would be at least 7-1 right now and possibly 8-0.

Those games the Colts barely won like against the Broncos would have been blowouts. JB has done a good job but the gap between he and Luck is huge and you cant deny it.

omahacolt 11-08-2019 09:05 AM

7-1

Brylok 11-08-2019 12:10 PM

8-0 or 7-1. Maybe would have still lost week 1 but other than that, nope.

Chromeburn 11-08-2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 141292)
IndyColts2 just brought up a great point about how Andrew stuck us pretty hard and it sparked an interesting thought for debate.

If we have a healthy Luck-- what is our record at the mid-point of the 2019 season?

I'm going to say 6-2.

What say you?

1 loss. Perhaps undefeated. I think Luck is good for another TD in this system. I think Ebron would be contributing more. I also think the field goals would be closer.

We should have lost that Broncos game, should have ended with a safety.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 11-08-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 141292)

I am going to answer your question a little differently.

There are actually two big if's within that question.

What if Luck didn't retire?

What if Luck was healthy?

I think that if Luck didn't retire this year - the Colts would have a similar record to what it is now.

I think Jacoby would have still started the first 2-4 games of the season because Luck was nursing his calf injury. At some point, Reich or Ballard would coax Luck into trying to ramp up more - more reps in practice and eventually playing a game. I think it would take a lot of coaxing because Luck was still scarred from his previous injury and would want to be near 100% before playing. It is anybody's guess if he would continue playing out the entire season. He might say "I tried, but I am injured and need to shut it down again. I need to be in less pain."

So I could see QB1 as either....Jacoby and then Luck on the season. Or Jacoby, then Luck, then back to Jacoby.

The switching could cause an extra loss or two vs. a fully healthy Luck so 5-3 sounds about right with the "broken" Luck. Probably 7-1 with a fully healthy Luck.

albany ed 11-08-2019 01:14 PM

Well, since you're asking, I'd say with a little luck we'd be 7 and 1. ;)

or with Andrew Luck, we'd be 8 and 0

Pez 11-08-2019 01:18 PM

I hate this question. I'm still walling my Andrew Luck anger inside by continually saying, "JB is our quarterback, JB is our quarterback..." Questions like these do nothing for my self-induced phychoses.