ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Polian imterview (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21416)

1965southpaw 10-10-2017 02:39 PM

Polian imterview

Dakitch had Bill Polian on today and there were a couple of snippets from that that I thought I'd pass along.......

1. Re the Manning era he has 2 regrets that he said were both on him completely. 1. Not having a quality backup QB on the roster and 2. Failing to land a quality 3 technique DT on the roster to supplement the excellence of Sanders and Freeny/Mathis to make the Colts defense more effective. He said he and Dungy flew in together this weekend and rather than reminisce about their triumphs they both couldn't stop talking about the "what ifs". Seems there was a specific free agent that he wouldn't name that would have fit that 3 technique spot that they both regret they couldn't land

2. Re the current Colts, he couldn't have been more positive about his views on Ballard.....his reputation in the league, ESP re talent assessment and the moves he has made so far. He was silent on Pagano.....neither positive or negative and Dan didn't press him on this point. On the oline he did say that Kelly is the closest thing the colts have to Jeff Saturday since Jeff left but other than that he characterized them as a work in progress. His other comments on talent were completely aligned with what this board have been saying....nothing of note

DrSpaceman 10-10-2017 03:11 PM

Well in terms of his regrets, the only reason he wished for a quality back up was because it got him fired. And really the team never needed a quality back up for a long time and in my opinion Sorgi was actually a good back up. The mistake was dropping Sorgi for Painter. If Sorgi had been the back up in 2009, I think the colts could have gone 16-0 even with Manning out the last game and a half.

As far as finding quality DTs, he had over a decade to do this and never did. We all knew it was a problem, hardly a revelation, other than him finally admitting it.

I'd be more interested in what Dungy's regrets are than Polians. Polian's I think we could all see. How about putting his son in charge the last few years? Dumbass move.

Gimmick 10-10-2017 06:42 PM

He should regret he didn't get fired after he quit like a coward pussy on the undefeated season only to lose to a team that wanted it more anyway.

HoosierinFL 10-10-2017 07:07 PM

Silence re: Pagano speaks volumes.

Maniac 10-10-2017 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 33036)
How about putting his son in charge the last few years? Dumbass move.

That's what essentially got Bill fired.

Maniac 10-10-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gimmick (Post 33075)
He should regret he didn't get fired after he quit like a coward pussy on the undefeated season only to lose to a team that wanted it more anyway.

He should have never had any input on which players played or sat.

albany ed 10-11-2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 33082)
He should have never had any input on which players played or sat.

If Polian had say in who plays and who sits, to me, that's on the Head Coach. If a Head Coach is so insecure that he obeys the GM on these decisions, then he's lost my respect and probably the respect of his team.