ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   over 50 million to spend (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3950)

omahacolt 03-16-2017 04:54 PM

over 50 million to spend

and this limp dick gm has arguably made this team worse.

discuss

HoosierinFL 03-16-2017 05:12 PM

you're retarded.

this was a shitty roster. merely dumping the guys we did automatically made it better.

I can't believe anyone wants to revise history and think that any more than 5-6 guys on the entire roster could start on another team.

omahacolt 03-16-2017 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierinFL (Post 6967)
you're retarded.

this was a shitty roster. merely dumping the guys we did automatically made it better.

I can't believe anyone wants to revise history and think that any more than 5-6 guys on the entire roster could start on another team.

we haven't gotten better yet

rcubed 03-16-2017 05:37 PM

meh, I dont know about worse. I would say marginally better so far.

Dumped some old and/or underperforming players - good

Resigend doyle and turbin - good moves.

Traded allen. Though he was not necessarily a problem, it is good to get of his salary while picking up a draft pick during a loaded year.

Got a punter. Not his fault mcafee retired.

Improvement on LBs he signed. Not yet where we want the group to be but an improvement.

We needed to get younger, which he has done so far.
We need to draft better than we have been, which is yet to be seen.
I would (would have) really like to see him pick up one 'splash' FA this year.

njcoltfan 03-16-2017 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 6966)
and this limp dick gm has arguably made this team worse.

discuss

I don't think we are any worse, how much better, if at all, remains to be seen.

Maniac 03-16-2017 05:45 PM

We are marginally better now.

We should have known that Ballard isn't going to go crazy in free agency though. He said when he was hired on that he believes in building the team through the draft.

I'm fine with him not overpaying at the beginning of free agency. Wait for those deals to get out of the way and then sign a few guys for decent money and build the rest through the draft. This is a multi-year project. This defense isn't getting built in one year.

omahacolt 03-16-2017 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 6982)
We are marginally better now.

We should have known that Ballard isn't going to go crazy in free agency though. He said when he was hired on that he believes in building the team through the draft.

I'm fine with him not overpaying at the beginning of free agency. Wait for those deals to get out of the way and then sign a few guys for decent money and build the rest through the draft. This is a multi-year project. This defense isn't getting built in one year.

paid sheard more than poe

Puck 03-16-2017 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 6984)
paid sheard more than poe

Atlanta is a pretty good team. I dont think he was passing them up. Their D is close to being very good. Ours is years away

Better weather. Bigger town.

omahacolt 03-16-2017 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 6985)
Atlanta is a pretty good team. I dont think he was passing them up. Their D is close to being very good. Ours is years away

Better weather. Bigger town.

what does that have to do with anything

GoBigBlue88 03-16-2017 06:25 PM

It. Is. March. And. The. GM. Has. Been. Employed. For. One. Month.