ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2019 Draft order Updated after each game (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55693)

Puck 10-14-2018 06:13 PM

2019 Draft order Updated after each game

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

We can see where we rank on the draft order as the weeks go by and start watching for players that will help this team.

Currently we select second. They have us mocked taking Oliver in with that selection and a RB in round 2

They also show us having the #1 power ranking as far as the value of our picks

I know its early but the injuries and mistakes among other things have pretty much taken us out of any thoughts of a winning season. So we have a lot of time to look ahead to next season.

Any thoughts that Ballard will try to make trades again to get more draft pick? Or stay put and get either Oliver or Bosa.

I'm not throwing in the towel on this season yet. We wont win near as many games as I first thought, to many injuries and youth to win many.

Thoughts?

Puck 10-14-2018 08:17 PM

Updated already. We have the number one pick right now

Chromeburn 10-14-2018 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 86172)
Updated already. We have the number one pick right now

Hmm, there are several players I could see there. Bosa might be the best choice. But Oliver (DT) or Jonah Williams (LT) would be tempting there and likely very good picks as well.

Still the Giants look even worse than us, I think they might get that top pick.

IndyNorm 10-14-2018 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 86131)
http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

We can see where we rank on the draft order as the weeks go by and start watching for players that will help this team.

Currently we select second. They have us mocked taking Oliver in with that selection and a RB in round 2

They also show us having the #1 power ranking as far as the value of our picks

I know its early but the injuries and mistakes among other things have pretty much taken us out of any thoughts of a winning season. So we have a lot of time to look ahead to next season.

Any thoughts that Ballard will try to make trades again to get more draft pick? Or stay put and get either Oliver or Bosa.

I'm not throwing in the towel on this season yet. We wont win near as many games as I first thought, to many injuries and youth to win many.

Thoughts?

If so then hopefully he doesn't trade down and draft a "once in a generation talent" at OL who gets blown up every other play by players who weigh 50 lbs less than him :cool:

Brylok 10-14-2018 09:34 PM

There are still holes all over this team. If we have a top 5 pick, Ballard will trade it down.

DrSpaceman 10-14-2018 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 86195)
If so then hopefully he doesn't trade down and draft a "once in a generation talent" at OL who gets blown up every other play by players who weigh 50 lbs less than him :cool:

Give it a rest.

Nelson has played less than half a season and the rest of the OL has been crap and in flux the whole season.

But go ahead and label him a bust if you want 6 games into his career.

As for trading down, depends on the trades available.

YDFL Commish 10-14-2018 10:22 PM

Quote:

Have you ever been called an extremist?

JMichael557 10-14-2018 10:31 PM

Quote:

Q played great today.

Chromeburn 10-14-2018 10:39 PM

Quote:

Okay... I didn't like the pick either, but Nelson should be pretty good. He is a rookie and he also has a target in his back for being the 6th pick and labeled a once in a generation player. Give the kid a break, were not even halfway done with his rookie year.

YDFL Commish 10-14-2018 10:46 PM

Quote:

He's got blown up about 3 times all season.

Dewey 5 10-14-2018 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 86182)
Hmm, there are several players I could see there. Bosa might be the best choice. But Oliver (DT) or Jonah Williams (LT) would be tempting there and likely very good picks as well.

Still the Giants look even worse than us, I think they might get that top pick.

I can't see the Giants not selecting Justin Herbert.

Chromeburn 10-14-2018 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey 5 (Post 86232)
I can't see the Giants not selecting Justin Herbert.

I don't know if any of the QBs are top ten worthy. I agree they need a QB. But they won't force it. They really really need oline and there are about 3-4 guys that could be in the top 15 for LT.

rm1369 10-15-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 86202)
There are still holes all over this team. If we have a top 5 pick, Ballard will trade it down.

Obviously without seeing the specifics of any deal I can’t fully say, but I find this general idea absurd. Not saying Ballard wouldn’t do it, but that it makes absolutely no sense to me after staying put and drafting Nelson at 6 last year. You don’t then trade down the next draft when elite level players at impact positions are available. I don’t see how you can justify passing on Oliver or Bosa for more picks when you refused to do it with Nelson (a guard) at 6. Unless someone offers a Ricky Williams type deal of course.

Dam8610 10-15-2018 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 86202)

Disagree. Ballard showed last year he is all about the lines. This DL class is loaded. If Ballard has a Top 5 pick, he will stay put and get Bosa or Oliver.

Dam8610 10-15-2018 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rm1369 (Post 86285)
Obviously without seeing the specifics of any deal I can’t fully say, but I find this general idea absurd. Not saying Ballard wouldn’t do it, but that it makes absolutely no sense to me after staying put and drafting Nelson at 6 last year. You don’t then trade down the next draft when elite level players at impact positions are available. I don’t see how you can justify passing on Oliver or Bosa for more picks when you refused to do it with Nelson (a guard) at 6. Unless someone offers a Ricky Williams type deal of course.

This exactly. He had the opportunity to cash the Nelson pick in for 12 and 22, and turned it down. Ballard values the lines and impact players. A top 5 pick will mean Bosa or Oliver.

VeveJones007 10-15-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 86287)
Disagree. Ballard showed last year he is all about the lines. This DL class is loaded. If Ballard has a Top 5 pick, he will stay put and get Bosa or Oliver.

This is what would happen, but this whole discussion is moot. The Colts won't be drafting Top 5.

IndyNorm 10-15-2018 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 86213)
Have you ever been called an extremist?

Haha, no. But I do freely admit that I tend to exaggerate a lot.

IndyNorm 10-15-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 86210)
Give it a rest.

Nelson has played less than half a season and the rest of the OL has been crap and in flux the whole season.

But go ahead and label him a bust if you want 6 games into his career.

As for trading down, depends on the trades available.

Fair enough, and I never labeled him a bust. How high he was drafted and his hype coming in tend to make (at least me) ask WTF when I do see him get blown up. I'm sure a full off season in an NFL weight room and more work on technique will remedy this.

I do hope though, that if we end up drafting at/near the top again that we use it on a more impactful player/position.

FatDT 10-15-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 86294)
This is what would happen, but this whole discussion is moot. The Colts won't be drafting Top 5.

What teams do you think are a lock to finish w/fewer wins?

My list is AZ, SF, NYG, OAK, maybe BUF, maybe CLE.

Dam8610 10-15-2018 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 86294)

They will if they keep playing like they did yesterday.

VeveJones007 10-15-2018 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 86326)
They will if they keep playing like they did yesterday.

You know better than to extrapolate one game out for the entire season. The Colts have scored one fewer TD than their opponents in 6 games. They are more likely to regress toward the mean, particularly with a softer schedule. They'll win 6 games, which will put them around pick 8-12.

VeveJones007 10-15-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 86314)
What teams do you think are a lock to finish w/fewer wins?

My list is AZ, SF, NYG, OAK, maybe BUF, maybe CLE.

I look at it differently because so much of a team's record is dependent on opponent strength. I look at how many games I expect the Colts to win and how often that record ends up picking Top 5. I see the Colts winning 6 games, which definitely puts them outside the Top 5.

A lot of people are down about yesterday, but I expected 2-3 performances like that going into the season. That game didn't have any impact on my projection for the team.