ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Free Agents Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1597)

sherck 02-16-2017 02:30 PM

Free Agents Discussion

Throw your thoughts and opinions about possible free agents (our own or someone else's) in this thread.

First up.

Mario Williams was just cut by MIA.

OLB at BUF piling up 38.0 sacks and 126 tackles from 2012 - 2014 playing in 48 out of 48 games.

19 tackles and 5.0 sacks with BUF in 2015 in 15 games.

13 tackles and 1.5 sacks with MIA in 2016 in 13 games.

Is he the OLB that he was in BUF? Or is he washed up and mis-schemed as a 4-3 DE in MIA?

Thoughts? Go for him? How much? How long?

Cheers,

omahacolt 02-16-2017 07:21 PM

mario williams is washed up imo

Indiana V2 02-16-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 2798)
mario williams is washed up imo

I didn't know he was still playing. Sounds like somebody Grigson would sign, hopefully Ballard passes.

Coltsalr 02-16-2017 08:44 PM

Mario Williams has been wholly unproductive the last two seasons and he's been trashed by his last two coaches publicly.

Sounds like Trent Cole 2.0; sounds like a Day One signing for Grigson.

omahacolt 02-16-2017 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 2804)
Mario Williams has been wholly unproductive the last two seasons and he's been trashed by his last two coaches publicly.

Sounds like Trent Cole 2.0; sounds like a Day One signing for Grigson.

Sounds like someone Pagano would love

Puck 02-24-2017 06:53 AM

Mario Addison maybe?

Micah Hyde could be a younger option than Butler at safety

Coltsalr 02-24-2017 11:12 AM

Jay GlazerVerified account
‏@JayGlazer
Another strong tackle option appears headed to free agency as the broncos have informed Russell Okung they will not be picking up his option

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in another proven, capable player to the right side of our OL. I'd probably prefer to go Guard, but I'd be happy with either.

Dam8610 02-24-2017 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 3331)
‏@JayGlazer
Another strong tackle option appears headed to free agency as the broncos have informed Russell Okung they will not be picking up his option

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in another proven, capable player to the right side of our OL. I'd probably prefer to go Guard, but I'd be happy with either.

I'd want to know why two teams at this point have essentially decided he wasn't worth keeping, especially in Denver's case at below market rates, before I signed him. He seems to be a quality LT, so I don't understand the issue.

omahacolt 02-24-2017 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 3331)
‏@JayGlazer

hasn't he always played left tackle? i am pretty sure he has

FatDT 02-24-2017 06:09 PM

He's brittle and overrated. Denver chose to avoid paying him $12 million per year going forward.