ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   im going to indy this week (First time ever) (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59035)

ChileColts 11-14-2018 11:30 AM

im going to indy this week (First time ever)

Hi Freaks, im excited to shared with you that im going to indy for holidays, i'll be in colts (titans and Dophins) games and pacers (Hawks and Spurs) games and i would appreciate if you can give me some recommendations of places to eat, drink, bars with live music and/or any place that you think is worth knowing.

I have been a reader in this forum for a lot of time (because my english writing wasn't good and Omaha annoyed me for that in every single thread that i posted) and i want feel the experience of a Colt fan in Indy.

Any suggestions, comments, would be appreciated, thanks in advance just for reading me and I hope to represent in a great way all the colts freaks of South America.

ChileColts

PS: I know my english its still not good at all, by im trying to do my best effort.

Indystu2 11-14-2018 11:33 AM

You are doing fine man. Have a great time in Indy! I don't live there (was born there though) so I cannot help you with that.

sherck 11-14-2018 11:51 AM

If you have cash to burn, St Elmo's Steakhouse is the best place in town, IMO, but you will drop a ton of cash on it.

Rock Bottom Brewery is a great medium priced meal with a wide selection of good brews.

Acauplco Joe's has great Mexican food.

Le Peep's is a great breakfast place. So is First Watch on N Illinois.

Claddagh Irish Pub also has great food and a great selection of drinks.

If you want to laugh, you could try Fogo de Chao which brands itself as a Brazillian Steakhouse and tell us all the ways that it is wrong! :)

The Old Spaghetti Factory has some pretty solid Italian for a good price. So is Bucca di Beppo but that is all "family style" dining and the portions (and price) are big.

Don't know if you are coming with kids but the Children's Museum is world-class.

The Indianapolis 500 Motor Speedway Museum is also a must see on your first trip to Indy.

Christmas lights at the Indianapolis Zoo is pretty nice the first time you see them. The 20th time? Not so much.

If you want to drive 2 hours to the east, I could show you around the Air Force Museum in Dayton, OH at Wright Patterson Air Force Base if you are interested in airpower.

I don't know if they are doing a Christmas show at Conner Prarie living history museum but if so, that would be a great look at some history of North America.

Walk Worthy,

smitty46953 11-14-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChileColts (Post 91728)
Hi Freaks, im excited to shared with you that im going to indy for holidays, i'll be in colts (titans and Dophins) games and pacers (Hawks and Spurs) games and i would appreciate if you can give me some recommendations of places to eat, drink, bars with live music and/or any place that you think is worth knowing.

I have been a reader in this forum for a lot of time (because my english writing wasn't good and Omaha annoyed me for that in every single thread that i posted) and i want feel the experience of a Colt fan in Indy.

Any suggestions, comments, would be appreciated, thanks in advance just for reading me and I hope to represent in a great way all the colts freaks of South America.

ChileColts

PS: I know my english its still not good at all, by im trying to do my best effort.

Post away Chile, Omaha annoys even his own mother … Enjoy your self in Indy !!! :cool:

sherck 11-14-2018 12:44 PM

Honestly, Omaha annoys me with about 5 out of every 6 posts.

Apparently, he needs to work harder in order to get to 6 out of 6.

Walk Worthy,

Colts And Orioles 11-14-2018 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 91735)

Frankly, Omaha annoys me with about 5 out of every 6 posts.

Apparently, he needs to work harder in order to get to 6 out of 6.

Walk Worthy,

o

Then he's accomplishing what he wants to.

That's not an insult to you nor a compliment to him, just a fact.

o

1965southpaw 11-14-2018 01:58 PM

I'm very excited for you Chile!! Lucas Oil is a GREAT place to enjoy a game. I know I'm biased but I've been to 1/3 of the NFL stadiums around the US and really believe it's among the best. I'm heading to Indy myself for Thanksgiving with the family.....I haven't lived there in 12 years but you really have to add the Slippery Noodle to your list of places to go. It's the oldest bar in Indiana, has a really cool vibe, and live music many evenings. It's very close to Lucas Oil Stadium as well. Freaks, correct me if that has changed in the last few years but I'm pretty sure it's still open?

ChileColts 11-14-2018 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 91730)

If you want to drive 2 hours to the east, I could show you around the Air Force Museum in Dayton, OH at Wright Patterson Air Force Base if you are interested in airpower.

Walk Worthy,

that would be awesome...thanks !!

Colt Classic 11-14-2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 91745)
I'm very excited for you Chile!! Lucas Oil is a GREAT place to enjoy a game. I know I'm biased but I've been to 1/3 of the NFL stadiums around the US and really believe it's among the best. I'm heading to Indy myself for Thanksgiving with the family.....I haven't lived there in 12 years but you really have to add the Slippery Noodle to your list of places to go. It's the oldest bar in Indiana, has a really cool vibe, and live music many evenings. It's very close to Lucas Oil Stadium as well. Freaks, correct me if that has changed in the last few years but I'm pretty sure it's still open?

Still there, just a short walk from the stadium. Also, Shapiro's deli is close and would be a great lunch spot. They have good Reuben sandwiches, among other things. Fountain Square and Massachusetts Avenue (Mass Ave.) are good areas with a lot of bars nearby.

Pez 11-14-2018 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 91745)

Yea, the noodle is still around and it's a short walk from the stadium. Should definitely be on a short list of music venues.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk