ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Doyel article sums it up (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21182)

DrSpaceman 10-09-2017 08:47 AM

Doyel article sums it up

I think Doyel pretty well hits the nail on the head with this article and the state of the Colts.

You see a whole lot of individually good players, even on defense. The DL, Hooker and Wilson when healthy, Davis, there are good players there. LBers I think we all know still need work, but the rest of the D really isn't bad talent wise.

The scheme though and the game plans are just bad. The coaching is going to hold this team back no matter who is on defense.

Its been evidence for two years or more Pagano needs to go. Nothing new that hasn't been said before, but worth repeating once again

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...-ot/739786001/

Spike 10-09-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 32740)
I think Doyel pretty well hits the nail on the head with this article and the state of the Colts.

You see a whole lot of individually good players, even on defense. The DL, Hooker and Wilson when healthy, Davis, there are good players there. LBers I think we all know still need work, but the rest of the D really isn't bad talent wise.

The scheme though and the game plans are just bad. The coaching is going to hold this team back no matter who is on defense.

Its been evidence for two years or more Pagano needs to go. Nothing new that hasn't been said before, but worth repeating once again

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports...-ot/739786001/

Pagano gets rid of all his coaches and nothing changes. The problem IS Pagano. Everybody sees it except that idiot Irsay.

GoBigBlue88 10-09-2017 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 32751)
Pagano gets rid of all his coaches and nothing changes. The problem IS Pagano. Everybody sees it except that idiot Irsay.

"Nope; it's the players/GM/all the other coaches." - Dam

Oldcolt 10-09-2017 10:45 AM

Having Pagano just ruins watching football with him running the team. With even an average head coach I would get enjoyment out of watching the development of what seems to be a pretty nice infusion of talent last season. Mack, the new secondary guys and the defensive line all would give hope for better things to come this year. If we could just hold on till Luck returns who knows. But Pagano is such a piece of shit as a coach that I have zero hope for any development or shot at doing something special later on in the year. Irsay please fire this guy and put us all out of our misery

Maniac 10-09-2017 11:56 AM

It will be nice if we ever get some decent ILB'ers to where the safeties don't have to try to cover their screw ups all the time.

HoosierinFL 10-09-2017 12:20 PM

I've thought for a couple years now that the team is under-performing it's talent level, even with some of the roster deficiencies that are well known.
There is just no discipline or accountability. Even among the better players on the roster, they are wildly inconsistent. This includes even Luck. I think a huge part of his development has been screwed up by Pagano.
He's never learned to read and react to NFL defenses like Manning, but that's because he's never had a coach who could teach him that, because all his coaches have sucked.

rcubed 10-09-2017 12:22 PM

Pagano's response to the punt-lateral play: "It looked like it looked."

Sums up pagano's coaching pretty well. Looks like shit.

Dam8610 10-09-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 32769)
It will be nice if we ever get some decent ILB'ers to where the safeties don't have to try to cover their screw ups all the time.

But it couldn't possibly be that a defensive scheme that relies on having talent at the LB position could look bad because the level of LB talent on this team has ranged from bad-average. Clearly coaching makes slow ILBs unable to cover big athletic TEs and average at best OLBs unable to generate an elite pass rush.

People see these problems, yet still blame the team's problems with stopping the passing game in crucial situations or containing speed backs, especially when they get into the open field, on coaching. That's mind boggling.

Maniac 10-09-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 32776)
But it couldn't possibly be that a defensive scheme that relies on having talent at the LB position could look bad because the level of LB talent on this team has ranged from bad-average. Clearly coaching makes slow ILBs unable to cover big athletic TEs and average at best OLBs unable to generate an elite pass rush.

People see these problems, yet still blame the team's problems with stopping the passing game in crucial situations or containing speed backs, especially when they get into the open field, on coaching. That's mind boggling.

Don't try to use my statement to make some mind-numbingly stupid point in your favor.

Yes, they need talent at the ILB'ers. They also need better coaching. Both are fucking awful. You are an imbecile if you can't see that coaching is a problem.

Kray007 10-09-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 32775)
Pagano's response to the punt-lateral play: "It looked like it looked."

Sums up pagano's coaching pretty well. Looks like shit.

Every special teams coach has half a dozen, or so, gadget plays up his sleeve. I have no problem with trotting one out in a game vs the 49'ers.