ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Good claimed by Raiders (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61136)

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 12-03-2018 07:54 PM

Good claimed by Raiders

As expected, Denzelle Good was claimed on the waiver wire by the Oakland Raiders.

Wish him well and hope he remains healthy the rest of the year.

This is the last year of his rookie contract.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1069716596279705608

YDFL Commish 12-03-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 95960)
As expected, Denzelle Good was claimed on the waiver wire by the Oakland Raiders.

Wish him well and hope he remains healthy the rest of the year.

This is the last year of his rookie contract.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1069716596279705608

He'll start for them.

omahacolt 12-03-2018 09:51 PM

Hope he can stay healthy and have a good career

Racehorse 12-04-2018 07:19 AM

Good for them! :D

Chromeburn 12-04-2018 12:30 PM

He should at least have a career as a backup. But I would like to see a lot of the perpetually injured guys phased out.

1965southpaw 12-04-2018 12:36 PM

He deserves a break after the difficulty he's had this year. Hope he can make the best of it.

Chaka 12-28-2018 10:32 AM

According to a story in The Athletic this morning, Denzelle Good asked to be released. He wasn't happy with how he was treated after returning to the team after his brother's murder.

https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/st...58207814434816

I'm presuming this comes down to the fact that he lost his starting job during this time period.

omahacolt 12-28-2018 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaka (Post 101169)
According to a story in The Athletic this morning, Denzelle Good asked to be released. He wasn't happy with how he was treated after returning to the team after his brother's murder.

https://twitter.com/HolderStephen/st...58207814434816

I'm presuming this comes down to the fact that he lost his starting job during this time period.

Sounds like the line coach is an asshole

Racehorse 12-28-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 101246)

Sure does. I question the timing of this story, though. It seems Good isn’t without character flaws himself

Dam8610 12-28-2018 04:38 PM

Quote:

Or misquoted. Considering he was one of the pre-McDaniels back out hires and a former Cheater, neither would surprise me.

Chaka 12-28-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

That’s an understatement if Good is accurately recounting what DeGuglielmo said. I’ll say it’s hard to understand on it’s face – why would the coach beat him down like that after his brother had just been killed? – but I’m not a football coach and admittedly sometimes those guys do some pretty damned stupid stuff in an effort to “motivate” the players, so I can’t rule it out as impossible.

Good was obviously in a tough spot and probably already feeling unfairly treated since he had just lost his brother and, in dealing with THAT situation which was completely out of his control, he ended up losing his job because Smith came in his absence and played so well.

Holder seems to suggest, based upon his prior dealings with the Colts coaching staff, that the Colts did everything they could for him and that Good might not be providing a completely fair description of the situation. The Colts probably won’t comment.

Racehorse 12-28-2018 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaka (Post 101262)
That’s an understatement if Good is accurately recounting what DeGuglielmo said. I’ll say it’s hard to understand on it’s face – why would the coach beat him down like that after his brother had just been killed? – but I’m not a football coach and admittedly sometimes those guys do some pretty damned stupid stuff in an effort to “motivate” the players, so I can’t rule it out as impossible.

Good was obviously in a tough spot and probably already feeling unfairly treated since he had just lost his brother and, in dealing with THAT situation which was completely out of his control, he ended up losing his job because Smith came in his absence and played so well.

Holder seems to suggest, based upon his prior dealings with the Colts coaching staff, that the Colts did everything they could for him and that Good might not be providing a completely fair description of the situation. The Colts probably won’t comment.

I could see it going like this:

Good: Man, I just don't have it today

Coach G: Suck it up, man.

Good: I'm still feeling the loss, coach.

Coach G: The team needs you. Suck it up.

Good (to himself) That was harsh. This guy is a jerk (aloud) I don't know, coach.

Coach G: (tohimself) How can I motivate him to get through this?) We need you, man.

Good. Not today, coach. Maybe tomorrow.

Coach G: If you are going to quit on this team, you will never play a snap again.

Good: I need to go see Ballard

Either that, or Coach G is an A-hole

rcubed 12-28-2018 06:22 PM

what did the OL coach supposedly say? (I dont have access to the athletic)

Chaka 12-28-2018 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 101291)
what did the OL coach supposedly say? (I dont have access to the athletic)

It looks like the story has been picked up nationally. Here's the USA Today link:

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2018/...ielmo-release/

YDFL Commish 12-28-2018 06:53 PM

Good is the starting RG for the Raiders right now. Why can't he just leave it at that and be happy for the opportunity.

I'm sensing sour grapes because he wasn't given the starting job back and had to earn it.

omahacolt 12-28-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 101297)
Good is the starting RG for the Raiders right now. Why can't he just leave it at that and be happy for the opportunity.

I'm sensing sour grapes because he wasn't given the starting job back and had to earn it.

There probably is some level of sour grapes. He apparently asked to be released so I imagine something pissed him off.

Your “earn” it angle is dumb

omahacolt 12-28-2018 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 101248)
Sure does. I question the timing of this story, though. It seems Good isn’t without character flaws himself

I am not following here?

YDFL Commish 12-28-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 101305)
There probably is some level of sour grapes. He apparently asked to be released so I imagine something pissed him off.

Your “earn” it angle is dumb

Good hadn't earned anything up to that point. He was the starter and had unfortunate circumstances, then got outplayed by Smith.

Unless you're a Pags disciple, you would understand this.

If he wanted his starting job back, then he had to earn it. If you play worse than the guy in front of you in practice, then you will not start.

Not a difficult concept to understand.

omahacolt 12-28-2018 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 101310)
Good hadn't earned anything up to that point. He was the starter and had unfortunate circumstances, then got outplayed by Smith.

Unless you're a Pags disciple, you would understand this.

If he wanted his starting job back, then he had to earn it. If you play worse than the guy in front of you in practice, then you will not start.

Not a difficult concept to understand.

I am curious why you think that applies.

Racehorse 12-28-2018 11:37 PM

Omaha, your blind spot is affecting your judgment.

JAFF 12-29-2018 12:01 AM

The NFL is a zero sum business. There are acceptions made for players for maternity, family illness/ death.

The Smith kid got a shot at RT, and he hasnt giveb it up. Hauge came off the DL and other guys had stepped up. If Goode winds up a starter, Ill be surprised. He hasnt strung an entire season together for the Colts. Meanwhile the O line is playing its best ball since Howard Mudd.

Im sorry for Good,s loss, but if he couldnt find his way back to his given profession, he wasnt helping the team.

Butter 12-29-2018 12:48 AM

Good was bad Smith was good he got to be the starter. I have no clue what else happened, but that is what I saw. Good luck to him hope he has a great career and stops being a little bitch. Sucks to lose your starting job when you are going through shit, but the game keeps moving without you, the team did not cut him and he was keeping his check.

omahacolt 12-29-2018 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 101315)
Omaha, your blind spot is affecting your judgment.

Blind spot?

I don’t know exactly what happened. Not sure why people here are pretending to.

I have zero reason not to take Good at his word.

Oldcolt 12-29-2018 11:01 AM

It just doesn't make any sense Nobody would out of the blue tell someone whose brother had just died to just "suck it up" There had to be context to that that we don't have. I appreciate that the Colts are keeping their damn mouths shut about this. Good is in pain. He is deep in grief, if anyone has experienced deep grief you know that you don't think clearly. Misunderstandings happen easily. Since I wasn't there, I just give a mulligan and wish him the best for the rest of his life. It has to be a tough time for him.