ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Draft 2021 (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116284)

Racehorse 01-10-2021 07:25 PM

Draft 2021

After tonight, we will know which pick we get. Looks to be in the low 20s. Anyone have a clue where we will look to fill spots? I am thinking best OT in the first and defense the next two picks. However, if a QB who Ballard likes falls, it could all change.

YDFL Commish 01-10-2021 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 183592)
After tonight, we will know which pick we get. Looks to be in the low 20s. Anyone have a clue where we will look to fill spots? I am thinking best OT in the first and defense the next two picks. However, if a QB who Ballard likes falls, it could all change.

We desperately need pass rush. Not saying that's where we should go, but its the biggest need.

Puck 01-10-2021 08:02 PM

We need a shut down corner or prepare for another yr of zone D But LT is the number one need

smitty46953 01-10-2021 08:30 PM

I think we have to address the LT spot, regardless of what AC decides to do.

The top available in my opinion are:

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (I figure he goes to Dolphins at #3)
2. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech
3. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern
4. Sam Cosmi, Texas
5. Alex Leatherwood, Alabama
6. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame

I feel that the Dolphins, Cardinals, Redskins and Bears, along with the Colts could go with an OT. If my rankings are close that should leave Leatherwood or Eichenberg available at pick #21 ? Pure speculation... Personally I go with the Eichenberg and put him next to Nelson. :cool:

Dam8610 01-10-2021 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 183619)
I think we have to address the LT spot, regardless of what AC decides to do.

The top available in my opinion are:

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (I figure he goes to Dolphins at #3)
2. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech
3. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern
4. Sam Cosmi, Texas
5. Alex Leatherwood, Alabama
6. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame

I feel that the Dolphins, Cardinals, Redskins and Bears, along with the Colts could go with an OT. If my rankings are close that should leave Leatherwood or Eichenberg available at pick #21 ? Pure speculation... Personally I go with the Eichenberg and put him next to Nelson. :cool:

Darrisaw and Slater are the two I think the Colts should target as of now. Pass rush seems deep in this draft so unless Rousseau somehow falls to 21 I'd rather target DE in round 2.

smitty46953 01-10-2021 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 183625)
Darrisaw and Slater are the two I think the Colts should target as of now. Pass rush seems deep in this draft so unless Rousseau somehow falls to 21 I'd rather target DE in round 2.

I wouldn't mind either of them, just doubt they are available without trading up. :cool:

smitty46953 01-12-2021 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 183619)
. Personally I want Nelson at guard, where he belongs.

This Nelson to LT talk is silly. Why turn the Best Guard in the NFL into an adequate to good LT. That is a losing proposition.

Dam8610 01-13-2021 05:26 PM

Do we have a shot at any of the QBs?

Trevor Lawrence - No, he's a Jaguar
Justin Fields - Likely Top 5
Zach Wilson - Likely Top 5
Trey Lance - Likely Top 10
Mac Jones - Might be gettable, my personal favorite of gettable options
Kyle Trask - Should be gettable, don't like mobility

JAFF 01-13-2021 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 183922)
This Nelson to LT talk is silly. Why turn the Best Guard in the NFL into an adequate to good LT. That is a losing proposition.

A Castonzo disagrees with you.

Chromeburn 01-13-2021 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 183922)

I see it as a possible money saving move also. They paid kelly, they need to pay Smith next. Then Nelson. I they put that much money into the guard position it will take it away from somewhere else. But if he is in the LT position, then they have that spot filled. This may mean they have a mediocre guard take his place though.