ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   2021 NFL Free Agents: Top available at each position (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118936)

Spike 03-03-2021 10:46 PM

2021 NFL Free Agents: Top available at each position

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/t...each-position/

Free agents who could potentially help our Colts. I have no clue who the Colts will be targeting, but there are some excellent players on the market.

Puck 03-04-2021 01:05 AM

QB's. none

RB's. Not on the list but I'd say Mack

WR. Hilton or Golladay on this list Godwin not on the list

TE. Jonnu Smith and not on the list Ertz Doyle maybe

Oline. Villanueva

Defense. Von Miller. Ingram and not on the list Rhodes and Houston

I obviously know they won't sign them all But I think this is a pretty good list

Oldcolt 03-04-2021 02:51 AM

Don't have any idea what Ballard is planning. If we are going to spend I would like it to be wide receiver or edge. Think Ballard and team is great at drafting offensive lineman.

Spike 03-04-2021 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 187985)
QB's. none

RB's. Not on the list but I'd say Mack

WR. Hilton or Golladay on this list Godwin not on the list

TE. Jonnu Smith and not on the list Ertz Doyle maybe

Oline. Villanueva

Defense. Von Miller. Ingram and not on the list Rhodes and Houston

I obviously know they won't sign them all But I think this is a pretty good list

As far as the line Puck, why Villanueva over Trent Williams? Williams is better. My only guess is that Villanueva would be cheaper than Williams, so that might be a better choice and might allow us to sign some of our younger studs. Damn, I would hate to be a fucking general manager! Having said that, I definitely would be better than what the Texans have or have had, even if I did it part time.

WR- I absolutely love Hilton, but maybe it's time to move on from him and sign a bigger receiver. Damn, I hate saying that.

TE- I agree with Jonnu but Cook would be ok too. Hell, I think keeping MAC would be fine. I think we need to keep Doyle and he shouldn't cost that much.

Chromeburn 03-04-2021 10:27 AM

Gabe Jackson is being released. He’s a monster guard. He will be at the top of that oline list.

Puck 03-04-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 187989)
As far as the line Puck, why Villanueva over Trent Williams? Williams is better. My only guess is that Villanueva would be cheaper than Williams, so that might be a better choice and might allow us to sign some of our younger studs. Damn, I would hate to be a fucking general manager! Having said that, I definitely would be better than what the Texans have or have had, even if I did it part time.

WR- I absolutely love Hilton, but maybe it's time to move on from him and sign a bigger receiver. Damn, I hate saying that.

TE- I agree with Jonnu but Cook would be ok too. Hell, I think keeping MAC would be fine. I think we need to keep Doyle and he shouldn't cost that much.

I think Williams is going to be more expensive. I think it will be a stop gap fill anyway as a rookie can hopefully be found in the 1st couple rounds.

There could be some WR drop to us in the draft in the 1st. I think they may add a vet WR. I am also still not counting out Campbell.

I think Wentz uses TE's/RB's a lot to set up the deep ball so I think they will add a good TE there I don't think MAC is in the future unless its a really cheap deal. I also think Burton could be back.

Puck 03-04-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 188000)
Gabe Jackson is being released. He’s a monster guard. He will be at the top of that oline list.

I'm hoping you aren't insinuating grab Jackson and move Q to LT. That would be a horrible move IMO and only do that as an emergency.

Chromeburn 03-04-2021 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 188005)
I'm hoping you aren't insinuating grab Jackson and move Q to LT. That would be a horrible move IMO and only do that as an emergency.

Or maybe have Jackson not supplant our best player, but our weakest on the online? Just a thought.

rcubed 03-04-2021 02:53 PM

My feelings:

Sign Villanueva (or similar) to a 1-2 year deal but still use one of first two picks on OT. Maybe pick #2 since its supposed to be deep draft for OTs. Also this lets rookie learn under a good vet since they say sometimes it takes OL a bit of time to acclimate.

They will resign rhodes, but look to draft a corner in later rounds.

They will bide their time and watch market for TE, possibly another CB.

Look to add a solid-to-top WR without overspending. If not, resign TY assuming he is not priced out.

Other pick of first 2 picks that doesnt go to OT will be DL.

Chromeburn 03-04-2021 02:59 PM

Usually what Ballard does is he rounds out the team as much as he can with FA. He will test a couple top flight FA he likes, but they usually get out bid. Then he can go more BPA in the draft.