ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jack Doyle to Test the Market (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2213)

Coltsalr 02-28-2017 04:54 PM

Jack Doyle to Test the Market

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
Despite the Colts' attempts to sign him over the past week, Colts TE Jack Doyle has plans to test free-agent market, per source.

This is probably for the best. Yes, he's a nice player and it's not like this addition by subtraction by any means, and one could certainly argue over whether he'd be more deserving of a long-term contract over Dwayne Allen, but of all the holes this team has, dedicating significant resources to TE, where resources are already dedicated doesn't seem practical. Allen/Swoope would be a TE duo that I'd expect should do well enough, particularly with the amount we've already invested in WR.

The bottom line is, the amount of money that we'd have to offer him right now to convince him to not even test the FA market is more than we should be giving him, period. If he comes back and is willing to sign at a number that makes sense for us (what we're likely offering him now, as Schefter is reporting the Colts have tried to extend him), then wonderful.

sherck 02-28-2017 05:08 PM

Sigh, this is sad for me I haved liked him since day one. It is a thin free agency class for TE so someone will throw big bucks at him and he will be a quality player for someone else.

TE class in draft is deep. I could see use using a 4th, 5th or 6th on TE now which sucks since i want all defense except for mud round RB.

Cheers,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Colt Classic 02-28-2017 06:00 PM

At least they'll have Allen for maybe 9 games.

Indiana V2 02-28-2017 07:23 PM

Well that sucks, strike one, Ballard.

omahacolt 02-28-2017 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 3659)
Sigh, this is sad for me I haved liked him since day one. It is a thin free agency class for TE so someone will throw big bucks at him and he will be a quality player for someone else.

TE class in draft is deep. I could see use using a 4th, 5th or 6th on TE now which sucks since i want all defense except for mud round RB.

Cheers,

only gay people post "sigh" on a message board

i like doyle but i like that we are being smart with the offer. i hope we bring him back but if he gets a big deal then good for him.

and you always like white players from the start.

sherck 02-28-2017 08:00 PM

I had really hoped that when I became a Mod, I could ban Omaha.

Cheers,

omahacolt 02-28-2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 3682)
I had really hoped that when I became a Mod, I could ban Omaha.

Cheers,

sounds like something you would do

ban me because you are a racist

sherck 02-28-2017 08:06 PM

To you, everyone but yourself is racist.

Cheers,

omahacolt 02-28-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 3686)
To you, everyone but yourself is racist.

Cheers,

that is not true at all

dam isn't racist. he is retarded, so he doesn't know any better

sherck 02-28-2017 08:20 PM

Okay, I doing care who you are.

That was funny.

Cheers,