ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Howard Mudd is BACK (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67233)

JAFF 02-07-2019 06:42 PM

Howard Mudd is BACK

He's a roving I don't know what but he's working with the OLine so HOT DAMN

Luck4Reich 02-07-2019 07:07 PM

Hasnt he been away since like 2012? Not saying he cant do some good things. What is his position? Advisor?

JAFF 02-07-2019 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoLuck4Chuck (Post 109407)
Hasnt he been away since like 2012? Not saying he cant do some good things. What is his position? Advisor?

He was a player and a coach and he found a way to get the most out of his talent and his players

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 02-07-2019 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoLuck4Chuck (Post 109407)

Per the release on colts.com, his title is "senior offensive assistant"

I'm good with that.

I think this type of role for him is better than the position of OL Coach.

YDFL Commish 02-07-2019 08:45 PM

I can see Mudd installing some new run game concepts.

Bring the stretch play back, or outside zone...whatever you wanna call it. The play action off of that with properly trained OL is unbelievable.

I would like to have the ability to line up in the I or the offset I when teams go small. I hate to say it, but that is one NE's biggest strengths...going old school to best new school defenses.

Luck4Reich 02-08-2019 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 109413)
He was a player and a coach and he found a way to get the most out of his talent and his players

I didn't ask who he was... I already knew that lol

Puck 02-08-2019 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 109417)
I can see Mudd installing some new run game concepts.

Bring the stretch play back, or outside zone...whatever you wanna call it. The play action off of that with properly trained OL is unbelievable.

I would like to have the ability to line up in the I or the offset I when teams go small. I hate to say it, but that is one NE's biggest strengths...going old school to best new school defenses.

Not sure how he does that when he’s not the OC

He may talk to Frank about it. But doubt an assistant OL coach installs any plays

omahacolt 02-08-2019 08:37 AM

The oline will be better for this hire imo. Good move. The other day I read some olineman say that his drills were the best since they were based on actual football moves.

Oldcolt 02-08-2019 10:27 AM

Loved the guy first time around. Not thrilled he’s back. He’s old and been retired for 6 years. While his lines were great blocking for Peyton they were considered finesse. Hopefully that was only a function of the players he had. I want this line to build on its nastiness and hope Mudd doesn’t mess with it. I’m probably just paranoid but I loved watching this line and don’t want anything to mess with it’s attitude

DrSpaceman 02-08-2019 10:40 AM

Glad he is back

Sounds like he is kind of an all around consultant for the offense. Won't be calling plays or running the OL, but helping out in areas of need.

Seemed like a muddled bunch of weird circumstances the first time he left.