ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Off topic but it's the playoffs (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176081)

albany ed 01-19-2024 07:37 PM

Off topic but it's the playoffs

How stupid is the NfL. On Sunday there are two games scheduled.

Tampa at Detroit 3PM in a domed stadium

KC at Buffalo 6:30 open stadium

How dumb is that?

Spike 01-19-2024 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany ed (Post 291143)

How dumb is that?

On a scale from 1-10, with 10 being the highest in regards to dumbness, they are a 15.

I'll pile on here,
Thursday night football
Allowing refs to decide games when they have the technology to fix this mess is available.
Putting NFL football on Amazon Prime.
Putting games on Peacock and charging for a game.
Sideline reporters. No one gives a shit about their dumb ass questions.

I'm sure there is more that I am missing.

Racehorse 01-19-2024 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 291144)
On a scale from 1-10, with 10 being the highest in regards to dumbness, they are a 15.

I'll pile on here,
Thursday night football
Allowing refs to decide games when they have the technology to fix this mess is available.

Blackouts, and regional viewing. Every game should be available everywhere. It is 2024, after all.

Mr. Session 01-20-2024 06:28 AM

The playoff game on Peacock erked me. Ownership/leadership's league wide strategy here is a little befuddling to me.

I don't think this product is what it used to be. Maybe I'm getting older, or maybe it is just getting worse. Part of me believes we're watching this evolve into something else entirely, like Camp, Heisman, and the forward pass. Part of that I can understand.

I don't understand how making the product less accessible, especially during the most important time of the year with the league's poster boy during prime time, helps with growth. The product on the field is questionable, it's accompanying coverage is hardly objective and is often unpalatable. In my experience, typically, fathers who have intimate experience with the game generally have conflicting feelings about letting their sons play. When I was a kid, a lot of other kids got "pushed" into football but I see a lot more parents being a lot more protective about that now (rightfully so).

If the product is already questionable, I already have experience with this to know there are better hobbies to push my kids into, and my kids can't even watch the fucking games? Where is this going?

I hope the spring league works. Competition is necessary.

apballin 01-20-2024 09:55 AM

They know what they’re doing…. When I watch games on the app I don’t like backing out of the app so I’m on the app the entire game. Games on regular TV besides the Colts I will channel surf during commercials. So putting games on the app makes fuckers like me stay there because don’t wanna deal with the backing out and reload buffer bs

IndyNorm 01-20-2024 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany ed (Post 291143)

How dumb is that?

Obviously that decision is all about ratings. They scheduled the higher profile game, which should have the higher ratings, in prime time.

The streaming only games are annoying, but I'm sure it's all about the money Amazon and NBC are paying. And to be a little fair to the Peacock game, you can have 3 different logins stream Peacock at the same time so it's easy to share your account if you so choose.

ChoppedWood 01-20-2024 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 291144)

I'll pile on here,
Thursday night football

The booth referee.

"Gene, this is Troy. Coming out of the timeout we just saw the ref run up and sucker punch a mom who was holding a baby in the first row. The baby fell and died and the mom is in the IR with a brain bleed and isn't expected to make it. What are your thoughts here?"

"Well Troy one thing we have to consider is we aren't there so we don't really know what mom said to provoke that. When I was a ref often times fans would say I blew a call- and that's not really acceptable. Brad Allen is one of the all time best to ever do this, the very best. For Brad to feel he had to kill a baby and likely the baby's mother, that mom very likely claimed Brad made a bad call vs the Lions, and ya know, I think I can understand why Brad would react like that, I really do. Most of these games, nearly all of them, the people are there to watch us make calls and huddle for 3-4 minutes and then look great on the TV when we finally address the penalty. When a fan, even a mother of a baby dares to insinuate we aren't great, well I think that has an impact on the integrity of the game and that carries consequences. So I think Brad did the right thing there, and I think we just play on."

Indystu2 01-20-2024 04:41 PM

Pile on:
I cannot stand they way every camera is a slow zoom until they can't keep the picture steady. Holy crap guys! Just show the field. We miss SO much of the game because of this stupid ass competition to see who can zoom the most! Why do they zoom in on the ball when it is in the air? Just show the area of the play or better yet, *gasp* the field!!!!

Zoom on replays if you must...

TheMugwump 01-20-2024 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Session (Post 291154)
I don't think this product is what it used to be. Maybe I'm getting older, or maybe it is just getting worse. Part of me believes we're watching this evolve into something else entirely, like Camp, Heisman, and the forward pass. Part of that I can understand.

I really have no feelings about this issue. It is what it is, and the rich men are going to turn the game into whatever they want, market it however they want, and the people will watch or they won't. It doesn't really affect my life.

That said, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Walter Camp/John Heisman reference here. Well done, Mr. Session. Way to bring it.

Discflinger 01-21-2024 11:04 PM

Is it something that coats had 3 overtime games and won 2?