ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Colts Re-Sign Pierre Desir (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69388)

Colt Classic 03-13-2019 03:29 PM

Is it a waste to get Melvin as well if his price is reasonable? Probably was either/or..

Coltsalr 03-13-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoLuck4Chuck (Post 112992)
Great job Ballard!

He doesn’t have a lot else to distract him going on right now.

FatDT 03-13-2019 03:48 PM

Good move, glad to have him back.

I see so many weird takes, about how weak we are at CB. But Moore, Desir, and Wilson all played well. Granted it was against mostly bad QBs.

How big of a need to you guys think CB is? Seems to me that safety is a bigger concern, and that we have 3 quality starter-level CBs healthy and on the roster.

sherck 03-13-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 113003)
Good move, glad to have him back.

I see so many weird takes, about how weak we are at CB. But Moore, Desir, and Wilson all played well. Granted it was against mostly bad QBs.

How big of a need to you guys think CB is? Seems to me that safety is a bigger concern, and that we have 3 quality starter-level CBs healthy and on the roster.

I want us to draft a CB in the draft to develop alongside Wilson and Moore as you can never have too many quality CBs.

However, we do need safety help and I fully expect Ballard to sign one in free agency and draft one to go alongside Hooker and Farley.

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

VeveJones007 03-13-2019 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 113005)
I want us to draft a CB in the draft to develop alongside Wilson and Moore as you can never have too many quality CBs.

However, we do need safety help and I fully expect Ballard to sign one in free agency and draft one to go alongside Hooker and Farley.

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I think this means Geathers will be back on a one year deal, but SS and CB are both in play beginning in the 2nd round (probably the 2nd pick of the 2).

Luck4Reich 03-13-2019 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 112998)
He doesn’t have a lot else to distract him going on right now.

He has a healthy QB and one if the best OLines... I would say you are right.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 03-13-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 112976)
3 years. $22.5M $12M guaranteed is s what I read

As Disc mentioned, Schefter reports Desir's contract as a 3-year, $25 million deal that includes $12 million guaranteed

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...01371168034816

Even with the slightly higher number, still a good deal

JAFF 03-13-2019 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 113043)
As Disc mentioned, Schefter reports Desir's contract as a 3-year, $25 million deal that includes $12 million guaranteed

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...01371168034816

Even with the slightly higher number, still a good deal

It's the reward he deserves. He came back last year on a show me and he showed them. He shut down Hopkins in the late game and in the playoff game. We will see that guy two times a year and that's why Ballard spent the money.

It tells anyone else, Ballard/Colts pay off on show me contracts. It's smart for the locker room, smart money for the cap and the fans will love it. I for one love guys who play their butts off and make plays.

He gets his money, Colts get their man, he doesn't need to relocate his family and the D backfield looks really good. Everybody wins, which makes it a good deal.

VeveJones007 03-13-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 113062)
It's the reward he deserves. He came back last year on a show me and he showed them. He shut down Hopkins in the late game and in the playoff game. We will see that guy two times a year and that's why Ballard spent the money.

It tells anyone else, Ballard/Colts pay off on show me contracts. It's smart for the locker room, smart money for the cap and the fans will love it. I for one love guys who play their butts off and make plays.

He gets his money, Colts get their man, he doesn't need to relocate his family and the D backfield looks really good. Everybody wins, which makes it a good deal.

And from Holder's account, it sounds like the negotiation was completely amicable. Everybody did their job professionally and came to a good resolution.

YDFL Commish 03-13-2019 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colt Classic (Post 112995)
Is it a waste to get Melvin as well if his price is reasonable? Probably was either/or..

Yes, that would be a waste.