ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jeff Saturday confirms Matt Ryan will remain Colts’ starting quarterback (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155697)

JAFF 12-12-2022 03:37 PM

Jeff Saturday confirms Matt Ryan will remain Colts’ starting quarterback

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...napolis-colts/

Matt Ryan remains the Colts’ starting quarterback.

Colts interim head coach Jeff Saturday confirmed today that Ryan will start for the Colts against the Vikings on Saturday.

After the Colts’ ugly loss last week, Saturday said that everything was on the table, including potentially changing quarterbacks. But no change will happen this week.

The Colts could consider going back to Sam Ehlinger, who started two games this season, or to Nick Foles, the veteran third-stringer, at some point before the season is over. But on Saturday in Minnesota, Ryan will continue to start.

Brylok 12-12-2022 04:04 PM

Fine by me. I'm hoping Matt Ryan is able to set both the single season fumble and interceptions record this year. One for the history books. He does need to stay healthy though.

CletusPyle 12-12-2022 06:02 PM

I won't be surprised if he is the starter next season too, at least until our rookie is ready to take the field!

omahacolt 12-12-2022 06:39 PM

while tough to watch

at least we will lose

YDFL Commish 12-12-2022 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CletusPyle (Post 253819)
I won't be surprised if he is the starter next season too, at least until our rookie is ready to take the field!

No, we gotta get out from under at least a portion of that contract. Let's see who the new coach is. They might want a veteran that knows the new system.

Butter 12-12-2022 08:34 PM

This mostly confirms I don't think I want Saturday to be our HC next year, he is being too loyal to the Vet when the only thing it benefits is Ryan if he gets injured..

Brylok 12-12-2022 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 253842)
This mostly confirms I don't think I want Saturday to be our HC next year, he is being too loyal to the Vet when the only thing it benefits is Ryan if he gets injured..

I know I don't. I don't want any former players anywhere near the team. Nothing against them, but we have to stop living in the past. It doesn't work.
Now proceed with the list of players who became good head coaches thirty years ago...
Vrable didn't play for the Titans. Beat you to it.

JAFF 12-12-2022 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 253834)
No, we gotta get out from under at least a portion of that contract. Let's see who the new coach is. They might want a veteran that knows the new system.

The contract doesnt matter, its monopoly money. They will find a way to fund what every they need.

Colts And Orioles 12-12-2022 10:29 PM

o

Frankly, I don't think it matters much whether we have Ryan at quarterback, Ehlinger at quarterback, or Foles at quarterback ...... the much bigger elephant in the room is the offensive line.

If you have a horrible offensive line, almost any quarterback will falter. Maybe Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick, or Fran Tarkenton could manage to get away with having a horrible offensive line and still somehow manage to run a decent offense, but other than that, your team is fucked if the offensive line is horrible.

o

DragonTails 12-13-2022 02:51 PM

Personally I would like to see what Ehlinger can do (or can't do). There is zero reason to start Ryan. Hey, maybe he won't turn it over this week. LOLOL

It sucks that the playoffs were more easily attained this year but they shit the bed too many games.