ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Training Camp Tidbits (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12304)

Coltsalr 07-30-2017 03:12 PM

Training Camp Tidbits

As usual, a thread for training camp updates that probably don't warrant new threads:

Zak Keefer@zkeefer 20m20 minutes ago
First look at Colts o-line has Jack Mewhort moving to RG and Joe Haeg at LG. Makes sense: Mewhort could really help Le'Raven Clark on edge.

Interesting...

Coltsalr 07-30-2017 03:25 PM

Blue HQ Media‏ @BlueHQMedia 25m25 minutes ago
First team offense goes three wide. Hilton, Moncrief, and Rogers are the guys currently. #Colts #ColtsCamp

Also interesting.

Dorsett seems like a potential, surprising/unsurprising camp cut.

apballin 07-30-2017 07:07 PM

I was there and the highlight of the day was a pick 6 by Tevin Mitchel.

TY was TY, he looked great- Turbin looked to have some burst too

From what I saw, 1st team d on field of note-- Safeties Butler/Farley

MLB Jackson/Bostic

D Line- Al Woods was NT with Hankins and Ridgeway playing the ends

I'm sure all this will change when guys return but interesting to see what coaches think of these guys

Overall great experience nice to have practice at LOS as opposed to Anderson or Terre Haute out there baking in the sun on shitty bleachers

I had no idea who Mitchel was before today but I'm gonna keep an eye on him because the pick was beautiful and he ran it in high steppin and took the ball over to a young fan, watchout for this guy

omahacolt 07-30-2017 07:50 PM

I am curious how mewhort does at rg

Hoopsdoc 07-30-2017 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 18861)
I am curious how mewhort does at rg

Seems like a good idea.

sherck 07-31-2017 07:38 AM

RG is typically the "harder" of the two OG positions to play. Since most teams traditionally have put their best pass rusher to the offenses' left, you typically slide protection that direction often leaving the RT one-v-one on their guy and the RG one-v-one on their guy.

Obviously, that is an over-simplification but the LG typically is in more of a zone/gap protect duty or a double team duty than the RG.

Plus, obviously having a more experience RG to pair with a less experienced RT makes since just like pairing a more experienced LT with a less experienced LG.

If Philbin can work a 2nd year of magic with Haeg, Kelly and Clark, then I think our O-Line will be in pretty good shape for 2017.

Cheers,

FatDT 07-31-2017 10:17 AM

Pairing two new linemen with two veterans, assuming the guards can both handle the switch, seems to make sense. Really depends on how well Mewhort does at RG I think, Haeg seems versatile enough to play almost anywhere, and should improve playing between Castonzo and Kelly.

FatDT 07-31-2017 01:05 PM

I don't love Hankins at DT. I think it's a waste and a stupid idea. Pagano and Monachino getting to cute. We'll see.

Brylok 07-31-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 18932)
I don't love Hankins at DT. I think it's a waste and a stupid idea. Pagano and Monachino getting to cute. We'll see.

Hankins is a NT. Play him at NT. Doesn't seem too hard.

njcoltfan 07-31-2017 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 18935)
Hankins is a NT. Play him at NT. Doesn't seem too hard.

You must have forgotten who is the Colts coach !!!