ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Out of Luck (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17651)

1965southpaw 09-13-2017 10:01 AM

Out of Luck

Well fuck.....Mike and Mike spent the better part of the last hour discussing a rumor that Andrew may want out of Indy as he lost confidence in the organization when they repeatedly made him play when injured. Greany closed the discussion by underscoring he's not reporting this just that it's the rumor that's swirling.....my first thought was its bullshit.....he's a fierce competitor and he put himself on the field even when the games were meaningless (ex Jax game). On the other hand it would explain some of Irsay bizarre comments re Andrews mindset (the 4 inches comments) and Ballard seeming to be caught unprepared with an acceptable backup QB. I don't know. Only thing i feel confident about is this season may just go down as the worst ever.

Maniac 09-13-2017 10:05 AM

Stop listening to moron talk show hosts

1965southpaw 09-13-2017 10:08 AM

Lol.....I'm an addict but you're right. Grady and Big Joe are ripping Mike and Mike a new asshole right now for their irresponsible reporting. They are saying they are hearing andrew is itching to get back out there.

indycolts2 09-13-2017 10:33 AM

While Andrew Luck may not want to lend credence to this BS by speaking on the matter it would be nice if he dispelled it immediately. Colts don't need this with what they are faced with already.

Thorgrim 09-13-2017 10:37 AM

With the damage they have done to his career I couldn't blame luck for any possible concerns. Hell he should ask them to switch his locker to the one nearest the exit without offering an explanation.

Maniac 09-13-2017 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indycolts2 (Post 26587)
While Andrew Luck may not want to lend credence to this BS by speaking on the matter it would be nice if he dispelled it immediately. Colts don't need this with what they are faced with already.

Why? Do you think they will play worse?

Idiots on talk shows say stupid things daily. There is no need for players or teams to respond to each dumb thing they say.

DrSpaceman 09-13-2017 11:40 AM

When did they make him play injured?

He has missed a bunch of games in the last few seasons. Not last year, but in the prior season he did.

I just repeat what I always say, the national talk shows don't know shit about NFL teams outside Pats, Cowboys, Giants and Steelers.

Colts And Orioles 09-13-2017 12:07 PM

o

Mike Greenberg was just interviewed Indy Sports Radio, and said that he spoke to Andrew Luck's agent. Luck's agent has categorically denied everything that has been insinuated/talked about in regard to the rumors that Luck is not happy in Indianapolis, and/or that he wants to be traded.

o

ChoppedWood 09-13-2017 12:11 PM

For all the "fake news"ers...

Can someone please simply provide one, just one, legitimate reason to not even come close to stating anything about when he can be expected to practice? Anything- just provide something that makes sense...

Like it or not, and obviously a lot on here don't, this team, this lack of any semblance of fucking PR, is inviting this type of shit. Oh say what you want about not having to respond to unfounded rumors blah blah blah... From Irsay, through Ballard, down to Cuck- they are feeding this monster by doing this shit.

WHY?

1965southpaw 09-13-2017 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 26605)
o

Mike Greenberg was just interviewed Indy Sports Radio, and said that he spoke to Andrew Luck's agent. Luck's agent has categorically denied everything that has been insinuated/talked about in regard to the rumors that Luck is not happy in Indianapolis, and/or that he wants to be traded.

o

I'm listening to this right now and though Greany is claiming that he's doing the responsible thing by reporting that Lucks agent is categorically denying this rumor Greany is also standing firm on the fact that he's Has heard from credible sources that Luck doesn't want to be here. Who the hell knows.

ChoppedWood 09-13-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 26610)
I'm listening to this right now and though Greany is claiming that he's doing the responsible thing by reporting that Lucks agent is categorically denying this rumor Greany is also standing firm on the fact that he's Has heard from credible sources that Luck doesn't want to be here. Who the hell knows.

Irsay and Ballard know, that's who. Cuck, he probably knows as well- he probably knows that Luck has said he's not playing here if he's coaching!

There is a problem here, without a bit of doubt there is a festering problem that is going to have to be addressed- all the silence is going to just let this mushroom. The Colts have no means to dampen these flames and that's just a sad indictment of the crappy state of this crippled franchise.

Indiana V2 09-13-2017 12:27 PM

Time to punt.

indycolts2 09-13-2017 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 26607)
For all the "fake news"ers...

Can someone please simply provide one, just one, legitimate reason to not even come close to stating anything about when he can be expected to practice? Anything- just provide something that makes sense...

Like it or not, and obviously a lot on here don't, this team, this lack of any semblance of fucking PR, is inviting this type of shit. Oh say what you want about not having to respond to unfounded rumors blah blah blah... From Irsay, through Ballard, down to Cuck- they are feeding this monster by doing this shit.

WHY?

I agree and the one person that puts an end to this bullshit is Luck himself. Hey, he's a big boy now and does not need daddy, an agent or any one from the Colts to speak on his behalf. People can continue to ask the question WHY should he and why listen to irresponsible radio talk show so I'll ask the question why shouldn't he talk? If I'm Luck I would be damned if Irsay, Ballard or Pagano is going to continue to allow an embarrassing situation to fester and grow even messier. This was bad enough as the clown show with how they handled the backup scenario but now this crap.

Indiana V2 09-13-2017 12:34 PM

I can't say I heard anything about Andrew Luck wanting out of Indy, but I did think to myself last week if maybe Luck was dragging his feet to return because he may not be happy with how the organization has done very little to improve while he's been here, especially the O-Line.

indycolts2 09-13-2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 26593)
Why? Do you think they will play worse?

Idiots on talk shows say stupid things daily. There is no need for players or teams to respond to each dumb thing they say.

Problem here is no one from the Colts has said anything of substance since training camp began in July.

DragonTails 09-13-2017 12:45 PM

Luck probably does want out of Indy - who wouldn't?

You can ask him and his agent all you want, but they are going to deny it all day long. Just like when coaches deny they've talked to a team and have no interest in going to that team - then 3 weeks later they are coaching that team.

I think this is good that it's in the media now. Pushes Irsay or anyone from the Colts to do SOMETHING about the state of this sorry franchise. (one would hope)

I'd be happy if they just admitted they fk'd everything up in the last 9 months. Isn't that step 1 - admitting you have a problem. I am tired of hear things like "Tolzien is our guy and he's ready".

HEY YOU STUPID FKS - JUST ADMIT YOU HAVE NO FKN CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING - we all know it. /RANT

albany ed 09-13-2017 01:01 PM

Luck losing confidence in the Colts organization? How can that be? From top to bottom, this is the most well run organization in the entire NFL. Um, ya know, just ask the Head um Coach.

rcubed 09-13-2017 01:07 PM

my take:
organization knows this team is a shit show.
luck knows this team is a shit show.
they are taking all the time they need and then some to get luck completely healthy, there is no rush to have him out there and they know it.

based on luck's public persona, he doesnt seem the type to sign that big contract then refuse to play and ask out. However, I could see him saying behind the scenes to ballard/irsay that they need to make changes cause what they have isnt working.

Brylok 09-13-2017 01:14 PM

Jeezus people, it's Mike Greenberg. I'm surprised he didn't say Luck was going to the Jets.

1965southpaw 09-13-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 26631)
Jeezus people, it's Mike Greenberg. I'm surprised he didn't say Luck was going to the Jets.

Yes, Greany is a jets fanboy but he also fashions himself as a credible journalist (I know, oxymoron). He seemed really stunned this morning on DD that the comments he made had blown into this media storm in just 2 hours. He said over and over again that he thought these rumors were well known in NFL circles.....he also said he planned to talk to his sources again this afternoon to get more context around these rumors and if he had gotten it wrong (not withstanding Lucks agents vehement denials) he will address it again tomorrow on his show.

Brylok 09-13-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 26632)
Yes, Greany is a jets fanboy but he also fashions himself as a credible journalist (I know, oxymoron).

He's an ESPN talking head. I don't care what he fashions himself as.

He seemed really stunned this morning on DD that the comments he made had blown into this media storm in just 2 hours.

He creates a narrative and then acts stunned by the response. This is what ESPN does now. And they wonder why millions have stopped watching/listening.

He said over and over again that he thought these rumors were well known in NFL circles.....

Uh-huh

he also said he planned to talk to his sources again this afternoon to get more context around these rumors and if he had gotten it wrong (not withstanding Lucks agents vehement denials) he will address it again tomorrow on his show.

With the attention it has generated so far, I'm sure he will string it along as long as he can.

My response is in bold above.

omahacolt 09-13-2017 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 26576)
Well fuck.....Mike and Mike spent the better part of the last hour discussing a rumor that Andrew may want out of Indy as he lost confidence in the organization when they repeatedly made him play when injured. Greany closed the discussion by underscoring he's not reporting this just that it's the rumor that's swirling.....my first thought was its bullshit.....he's a fierce competitor and he put himself on the field even when the games were meaningless (ex Jax game). On the other hand it would explain some of Irsay bizarre comments re Andrews mindset (the 4 inches comments) and Ballard seeming to be caught unprepared with an acceptable backup QB. I don't know. Only thing i feel confident about is this season may just go down as the worst ever.

how in the fuck does anyone listen to mike and mike?

and i don't buy it one bit. if luck said he can't go, the team would have sat him. regardless, luck has to be the guy to ultimately say if he can go or not

omahacolt 09-13-2017 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indiana V2 (Post 26616)
I can't say I heard anything about Andrew Luck wanting out of Indy, but I did think to myself last week if maybe Luck was dragging his feet to return because he may not be happy with how the organization has done very little to improve while he's been here, especially the O-Line.

luck just signed a huge contract to play football for the colts. he doesn't strike me as the type of dude that wouldn't honor that contract to the best of his ability.

he strikes me as a kid with integrity.

Spike 09-13-2017 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 26677)
how in the fuck does anyone listen to mike and mike?

and i don't buy it one bit. if luck said he can't go, the team would have sat him. regardless, luck has to be the guy to ultimately say if he can go or not

Haven't watched Mike & Mike in over 5 years. ESPN is a shit show and the ratings reflect that.

albany ed 09-13-2017 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 26678)
luck just signed a huge contract to play football for the colts. he doesn't strike me as the type of dude that wouldn't honor that contract to the best of his ability.

he strikes me as a kid with integrity.

He strikes me that way too. But, that doesn't mean he's not unhappy with the organization. Hell, who wouldn't be. You've played your entire career with the worst Head Coach, a shit GM and an owner that is, well, I'll just say not normal and leave it at that. I think he'd be ecstatic to be traded, but he also knows that ain't happening due to the fat contact he recently signed. So, he'll do the best he can, and in the end, we'll look on his career as no where near what it could have been.

Puck 09-13-2017 08:16 PM

Yep. Ever since Pep left he's gotten beat to death. Like it or not Chud is killing our QB

MAybe he sits the season and waits for Irsay to take a run at Harbaugh. And of course Pep would be back too

Spike 09-13-2017 09:02 PM

Well, so much for the little credibility Greenberg had. What an asshole.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/9/...es-credibility

omahacolt 09-13-2017 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 26727)
Yep. Ever since Pep left he's gotten beat to death. Like it or not Chud is killing our QB

MAybe he sits the season and waits for Irsay to take a run at Harbaugh. And of course Pep would be back too

Stfu about pep Hamilton. You aren't right. Why hang onto this?

DrSpaceman 09-13-2017 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 26727)

He was getting killed before Pep was fired.

No way in hell Pep is coming back to this team or should come back.

omahacolt 09-13-2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany ed (Post 26707)
He strikes me that way too. But, that doesn't mean he's not unhappy with the organization. Hell, who wouldn't be. You've played your entire career with the worst Head Coach, a shit GM and an owner that is, well, I'll just say not normal and leave it at that. I think he'd be ecstatic to be traded, but he also knows that ain't happening due to the fat contact he recently signed. So, he'll do the best he can, and in the end, we'll look on his career as no where near what it could have been.

He also has been paid millions of dollars. Does he not cash his checks? Ecstatic to be traded to who? The browns? The Bears? The jets, bills or dolphins?

Not everyone has Brady's career. Fans need to stop thinking that 12 wins a year is normal.

ChoppedWood 09-13-2017 09:56 PM

Well here's one that is going to at least leave you scratching your head.

Venturi, who I think to a man we've all touted for his analysis and his straight shooting, said he doesn't believe this is a "9th inning deal" like Greenburg made it out to be (implying the trading of Luck is a foregone conclusion). He did say however that he believes there is an issue between Luck and the team. He spent a lot of time going through his 4 reasons for this. He made great well rounded points and he focused in on the interview Jim gave about the 4 inches between his ears- which was Venturi's interview BTW. In his view he believes that was Jim setting the table for it to emerge that Luck is having reservations about where things are.

Venturi held no punches and essentially spelled out without saying it directly that the coaching of this team is as bad as any he's ever seen (Rick has his own Colts coaching career to serve as a benchmark of suck...). Again, he never came out and just said it but I very clearly interpreted a lot of his comments to be indicative that Luck has perhaps spelled out some changes that have to take place and they start with Pags being gone.

The issue with Luck being silent, and essentially invisible, with NO one outside of his agent coming forward and asserting this isn't the case (yeah that guy doesn't have a keen interest in keeping teams from looking at his guy as a malcontent...)--- the silence is deafening. Luck's remaining silent is a hell of a lot more indicative of there being legitimacy to all this than not. He can't very well come out and say this is what he wants, conversely he will lose a lot of credibility if he has a camera thrust in front of him and pledges allegiance to this franchise and then a couple days later is traded. So what makes the most sense--- for him to stay in the shadows that's what.

Sorry, again, there is way too much smoke here, there's a fire burning somewhere...

Puck 09-13-2017 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 26736)
He was getting killed before Pep was fired.

No way in hell Pep is coming back to this team or should come back.

If Harbaugh is hired Pep will be here again

omahacolt 09-13-2017 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoppedWood (Post 26742)
Well here's one that is going to at least leave you scratching your head.

Venturi, who I think to a man we've all touted for his analysis and his straight shooting, said he doesn't believe this is a "9th inning deal" like Greenburg made it out to be (implying the trading of Luck is a foregone conclusion). He did say however that he believes there is an issue between Luck and the team. He spent a lot of time going through his 4 reasons for this. He made great well rounded points and he focused in on the interview Jim gave about the 4 inches between his ears- which was Venturi's interview BTW. In his view he believes that was Jim setting the table for it to emerge that Luck is having reservations about where things are.

Venturi held no punches and essentially spelled out without saying it directly that the coaching of this team is as bad as any he's ever seen (Rick has his own Colts coaching career to serve as a benchmark of suck...). Again, he never came out and just said it but I very clearly interpreted a lot of his comments to be indicative that Luck has perhaps spelled out some changes that have to take place and they start with Pags being gone.

The issue with Luck being silent, and essentially invisible, with NO one outside of his agent coming forward and asserting this isn't the case (yeah that guy doesn't have a keen interest in keeping teams from looking at his guy as a malcontent...)--- the silence is deafening. Luck's remaining silent is a hell of a lot more indicative of there being legitimacy to all this than not. He can't very well come out and say this is what he wants, conversely he will lose a lot of credibility if he has a camera thrust in front of him and pledges allegiance to this franchise and then a couple days later is traded. So what makes the most sense--- for him to stay in the shadows that's what.

Sorry, again, there is way too much smoke here, there's a fire burning somewhere...

Then connect the dots. What could he possibly want that makes him this unhappy? What is the end game

ChoppedWood 09-13-2017 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 26744)
Then connect the dots. What could he possibly want that makes him this unhappy? What is the end game

Well like I said, I read into it that Rick may have some insight that Luck is making a play that Pagano be removed before he will commit to coming back. I think we can all agree Luck does not come off as the guy that would say "hey Jim, it's either me or Chuck, but it aint both". Buuuuuuuuut, I think most of us would also agree that every man has his breaking point, and maybe Luck has hit his? Maybe there is a tug of war behind the scenes and Andrew really has taken the approach that his future is in jeopardy if this guy is allowed to play a role in it- and though that sounds a bit dramatic, if you were in his shoes knowing you're rapidly seeing your window shrink and this guy is still at the helm and seeing what he has NOT DONE for you to this point...maybe just maybe that's what we're actually NOT seeing- Luck applying leverage against Jim to make an in-season switch, which is not Irsayesque... and thus Andrew's position in the leverage is to leak and remain silent.

Venturi also sort of started down a path that the Irsay comments about the space between his ears probably didn't make Andrew very happy and it may have potentially clouded this to the point that Luck is very unhappy he would say that and perhaps has stated he wants out. Not saying that's where it is, but clearly Venturi didn't think Irsay's comments were well made if in fact Andrew has been applying leverage and that was Irsay's public counter.

Indiana V2 09-13-2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 26744)

Well, for starters dump Pagano...NOW.

Dewey 5 09-13-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 26743)
If Harbaugh is hired Pep will be here again

If Harbaugh is hired Pep will be the HC at UM.

Puck 09-13-2017 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey 5 (Post 26749)
If Harbaugh is hired Pep will be the HC at UM.

I doubt that would happen but who knows. Pep is not a HC IMO. But he certainly knows how to run Harbaugh offense

bertjones 09-13-2017 11:02 PM

IF harbaugh is hired I doubt Pep is here too. He's a results guy strictly and
Hamilton didn't cut it when he was here. The bigger question would be
what happens with Ballard, I'd think Jim would want total control. And
quite frankly given where this clown show has been going I'd be ok with that.

Dewey 5 09-13-2017 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 26752)
I doubt that would happen but who knows. Pep is not a HC IMO. But he certainly knows how to run Harbaugh offense

Who knows? Just thinking Harbaugh is getting him ready for the job if he eventually leaves.

I think Pagano may have lost this team & the longer he is here the deeper in the ditch they will get. Harbaugh probably isn't leaving but Pagano has to go & go fast.

Hoopsdoc 09-14-2017 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 26733)
Well, so much for the little credibility Greenberg had. What an asshole.

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/9/...es-credibility

That's a pretty categoric denial. The agent wouldn't have been so firm if their were any truth to these rumors.

Besides, no one is trading for that contract, imo, Andrew Luck or not.