ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pagano Watch (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25587)

FatDT 11-12-2017 06:19 PM

Pagano Watch

It's bye week time. Can we get rid of this guy this week? Will it be another coach on staff? Or are we just going to ride it out with these clowns all season?

daedge 11-12-2017 06:19 PM

We will ride it out.

Spike 11-12-2017 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daedge (Post 40555)
We will ride it out.

Agree, all the way to a top 5 draft pick.

Puck 11-12-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 40554)
It's bye week time. Can we get rid of this guy this week? Will it be another coach on staff? Or are we just going to ride it out with these clowns all season?

Don't think they'll can anyone.... 1sr one to go needs to be Chud. It actually should be Pagfuck but Irsay won't fire him in season. But a scapegoat could be and should be Chud.... if Pagfuck has even the slightest interest in trying to save his job he will need to make a concession and fire someone.

daedge 11-12-2017 06:57 PM

Yep, Chud is certainly the biggest problem. Crazy to say, but I miss Pep.

omahacolt 11-12-2017 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daedge (Post 40575)

You clearly forget pep

Luck4Reich 11-12-2017 07:42 PM

I would never buy a Pagano Watch... would never keep time because the hands would always be clapping.

Butter 11-12-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daedge (Post 40575)

Sure, but that is like saying you prefer the clap to the herp. You really don't want either.

testcase448 11-12-2017 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 40557)
Don't think they'll can anyone.... 1sr one to go needs to be Chud. It actually should be Pagfuck but Irsay won't fire him in season. But a scapegoat could be and should be Chud.... if Pagfuck has even the slightest interest in trying to save his job he will need to make a concession and fire someone.

The first should be Irsay

daedge 11-12-2017 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 40600)
Sure, but that is like saying you prefer the clap to the herp. You really don't want either.

Dead right. Pep was awful and I couldn't wait to see the back of him. All my post was meant to do was highlight how woeful Chud is.

Butter 11-12-2017 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daedge (Post 40637)
Dead right. Pep was awful and I couldn't wait to see the back of him. All my post was meant to do was highlight how woeful Chud is.

I got ya man.

Dewey 5 11-12-2017 11:13 PM

Pagano is one of the best snake oil salesmen around. He isn't going anywhere.

YDFL Commish 11-12-2017 11:37 PM

Do I have to?

Indiana V2 11-12-2017 11:40 PM

Irsay better not keep Pagano beyond this season,but I fear he may, because Jimmy has lost touch with reality when it comes to how far his franchise has fallen,mainly due to Pagano.

daedge 11-13-2017 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indiana V2 (Post 40669)
Irsay better not keep Pagano beyond this season,but I fear he may, because Jimmy has lost touch with reality when it comes to how far his franchise has fallen,mainly due to Pagano.

I don't think I, or anyone, can handle another season with that clown.

albany ed 11-13-2017 08:00 AM

Pagano will not be back.

testcase448 11-13-2017 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indiana V2 (Post 40669)

Irsay...

https://cbsnews3.cbsistatic.com/hub/...0012118499.jpg

1965southpaw 11-13-2017 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany ed (Post 40688)
Pagano will not be back.

I agree completely. I don't understand how anyone can think otherwise. I'd be willing to bet a huge amount of money on that certainty and I rarely bet. He's gone.

DragonTails 11-13-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 40710)
I agree completely. I don't understand how anyone can think otherwise.

Seems most were saying the same thing last year - that's how.

Coltsalr 11-13-2017 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonTails (Post 40712)
Seems most were saying the same thing last year - that's how.

In 2015 even it was reported as being a virtual certainty.

If only.

FatDT 11-13-2017 12:53 PM

No one could fathom re-signing Pagano and Grigson but it happened. No one thought Pagano could possibly be back once Grigson was fired but he's still on the sidelines. I will of course be pissed if we do keep him, but I won't be shocked.

1965southpaw 11-13-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 40718)
In 2015 even it was reported as being a virtual certainty.

If only.

And it's well understood that if Sagan, Harbaugh, or Gruden had been open to Jimmys back channels overtures Pags would have been out on his ass. The difference between those years and this year is that Irsay has bought into the notion that this is a longer term fix which will require patience. He's already shown that by bringing Ballard in.

Coltsalr 11-13-2017 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 40727)
And it's well understood that if Sagan, Harbaugh, or Gruden had been open to Jimmys back channels overtures Pags would have been out on his ass. The difference between those years and this year is that Irsay has bought into the notion that this is a longer term fix which will require patience. He's already shown that by bringing Ballard in.

God, I hope you're right.

The problem that Kravitz has reported is that Irsay is so unpredictable and so given to emotion that I (and I think I speak for several here) am terrified that he might let Pagano again snake oil salesmen him into believing that this year was all about injuries and that we had improvement in some areas and that Pagano is the right guy.

Because of that, none of us are willing to rest easy on this issue until Pagano is officially fired.

1965southpaw 11-13-2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 40729)

The problem that Kravitz has reported is that Irsay is so unpredictable and so given to emotion that I (and I think I speak for several here) am terrified that he might let Pagano again snake oil salesmen him into believing that this year was all about injuries and that we had improvement in some areas and that Pagano is the right guy.

Because of that, none of us are willing to rest easy on this issue until Pagano is officially fired.

I hear ya and trust me I can't even listen to video of Pags anymore cause it makes my blood boil that he's still here after causing such destruction to the team I love.....but I have faith and if I'm wrong I will be the first on this board to admit the error in my judgement but at this moment I have zero doubt. As for Kravitz I think at this stage in his career he loves that he has become part of every story he covers so I just don't trust his reporting anymore.

Hoopsdoc 11-13-2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 40729)

We're gonna lose at least 11 games this year. You can bring a guy back after 8-8, even two years in a row. But you can't bring that same guy back if he follows those up with 5-11 or worse.

There's no way Clappy comes back.

If he does, I'll finally agree that Irsay is actually the problem.

Coltsalr 11-13-2017 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 40834)
We're gonna lose at least 11 games this year. You can bring a guy back after 8-8, even two years in a row. But you can't bring that same guy back if he follows those up with 5-11 or worse.

There's no way Clappy comes back.

If he does, I'll finally agree that Irsay is actually the problem.

Sadly, our schedule gets REALLY soft from here on out...

vs Tennessee. They just struggled like hell to beat the Bengals yesterday and they're coming off their Bye. And let's be honest, that game was closer than the 14 point margin indicates. And that was in Tennessee.

@ Jacksonville. Okay, that's a loss. Granted, Jacksonville did need to go to overtime to knock off the Chargers yesterday, but I'll concede we're not going into Jacksonville and win.

@ Buffalo. They remembered they're the Bills and they seem to be in the middle of their usual late season free fall. Again, we're probably not going into hostile territory in the elements and winning, but the Bills just got blown off their own field yesterday, so I'm not sure they're in any position to say they're guaranteed any wins, either.

vs. Broncos. Thursday Night Football, so everything is weird. The Broncos look like a team where they're demoralized after getting smoked by Philly/New England. Granted, our morale isn't great either, but this Broncos team, again, isn't a lock to beat anyone.

@ Baltimore. Probably a loss, though the Ravens are also capable of playing down to their competition.

vs. Houston. We just beat them in their own house. I would guess we'll sadly manage a win here. God, I hope another meaningless Week 17 win isn't enough for Pagano to save his job. Again.

Way, way too many potential wins there. 11 losses might be too much. 6-10 or 7-9 would be my guess.

Racehorse 11-13-2017 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 40836)

vs Tennessee. They just struggled like hell to beat the Bengals yesterday and they're coming off their Bye. And let's be honest, that game was closer than the 14 point margin indicates. And that was in Tennessee.

@ Jacksonville. Okay, that's a loss. Granted, Jacksonville did need to go to overtime to knock off the Chargers yesterday, but I'll concede we're not going into Jacksonville and win.

@ Buffalo. They remembered they're the Bills and they seem to be in the middle of their usual late season free fall. Again, we're probably not going into hostile territory in the elements and winning, but the Bills just got blown off their own field yesterday, so I'm not sure they're in any position to say they're guaranteed any wins, either.

vs. Broncos. Thursday Night Football, so everything is weird. The Broncos look like a team where they're demoralized after getting smoked by Philly/New England. Granted, our morale isn't great either, but this Broncos team, again, isn't a lock to beat anyone.

@ Baltimore. Probably a loss, though the Ravens are also capable of playing down to their competition.

vs. Houston. We just beat them in their own house. I would guess we'll sadly manage a win here. God, I hope another meaningless Week 17 win isn't enough for Pagano to save his job. Again.

So, we'll go 8-8 again. Sigh.

omahacolt 11-13-2017 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 40837)
So, we'll go 8-8 again. Sigh.

Not a chance

nate505 11-13-2017 10:26 PM

The only reason I was hoping for the Colts to get mudholed was that Irsay might do the right thing and fire him.

DrSpaceman 11-13-2017 11:50 PM

Quote:

Way, way too many potential wins there. 11 losses might be too much. 6-10 or 7-9 would be my guess.

Oh Pagano and company will find a way to lead in about 5 of these games and once again blow it in the 4th quarter.

Voosh 11-14-2017 01:40 AM

Quote:

I only see three more wins: Buffalo, Denver, and Houston; but who knows this season. I don't think we finish no more than 6-10.

Puck 11-14-2017 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voosh (Post 40864)
I only see three more wins: Buffalo, Denver, and Houston; but who knows this season. I don't think we finish no more than 6-10.

We arent beating Denver. Their defense will score 21 on us and will kill Brisset

sherck 11-14-2017 07:49 AM

A PIT fan at work yesterday said "close game, sorry about the loss" to me as I was walking out for the day.

I told him I got the best of both worlds. I got to see our defense really play a heck of a 1st half game while watching our struggling offense go hit on some really nice long pass plays and effective running in the first half.

AND, we got the loss which is another step closer to pushing our HC out the door and getting us a stud draft position.

I would love for every one of our remaining games to have us leading at halftime by having played a great 1st half and then losing in the end due to taking the foot off the pedal on defense and having our offense go retard/stupid/mental with a complete lack of innovative play design in the 2nd half. That type of game is squarely on the coaching staff and their lack of ability to adjust at halftime and keep doing what was working.

Walk Worthy,

Racehorse 11-14-2017 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 40877)
A PIT fan at work yesterday said "close game, sorry about the loss" to me as I was walking out for the day.

I told him I got the best of both worlds. I got to see our defense really play a heck of a 1st half game while watching our struggling offense go hit on some really nice long pass plays and effective running in the first half.

AND, we got the loss which is another step closer to pushing our HC out the door and getting us a stud draft position.

I would love for every one of our remaining games to have us leading at halftime by having played a great 1st half and then losing in the end due to taking the foot off the pedal on defense and having our offense go retard/stupid/mental with a complete lack of innovative play design in the 2nd half. That type of game is squarely on the coaching staff and their lack of ability to adjust at halftime and keep doing what was working.

Walk Worthy,

No, it is on the players.

-Dam

apballin 11-15-2017 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 40877)

Walk Worthy,

Or could it be teams make adjustments and crank up the intensity

I'm starting to think we're getting jabs from opposing teams defense in the 1st half then in the 2nd they go for the kill

njcoltfan 11-15-2017 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 41027)
Or could it be teams make adjustments and crank up the intensity

I'm starting to think we're getting jabs from opposing teams defense in the 1st half then in the 2nd they go for the kill

Ya think ? Thats what we call " half time adjustments", something that is foreign to the Colts " coaching staff".

ChoppedWood 11-15-2017 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 41045)
Ya think ? Thats what we call " half time adjustments", something that is foreign to the Colts " coaching staff".

It's not fair that they do those things! It's just not fair- our coaches don't do that to other teams so why should they be allowed to do something so mean? We need Polian back on the competition committee to be an advocate for no halftime adjustments because it's not nice to do that.

testcase448 11-15-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

As is talent on the field

HoosierinFL 11-15-2017 12:12 PM

Quote:

exactly. those jobs are basically them testing out what is working, what isn't, how the defense is reacting to certain plays and formations, and then once they study it at halftime, they come out and start gashing the defense

nate505 11-15-2017 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 40727)

I still won't believe it until I see it. If Irsay wanted to do the right thing, he would have followed the Rams' example and hired someone competent instead of keeping his own version of Jeff Fisher.