ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Offensive line (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62955)

Oldcolt 12-20-2018 02:00 PM

Offensive line

I've watched and rooted for this team since Unitas was our quarterback. Watching this line block, especially run blocking, thrills and amazes me more than anything I can remember. The only thing that even comes close was watching Bert Jones (before his injury) throw a long ball. It was a freaking 50 yard line drive (or so it seemed to me) that came out of a throwing motion that had to be seen to be believed.

sherck 12-20-2018 02:41 PM

We had a couple of very nice O-linemen during the Peyton era. Tarik Glenn, Adam Meadows, Jeff Saturday, Ryan Diem, Jake Scott. Guys who did well.

And, in the early Edge years, they ran blocked about as well as they pass blocked. Edge was a generational talent but he had some big fricking holes to run through.

However, I don't think they were anywhere near as dominating run blockers as our current batch are. They did not just punish opposing defenders for having the gall to play on the same field as they do. Peyton's O-Line did it through skill and finesse rather than just brute powerful confrotation.

These guys are fun to watch.

Walk Worthy,

rcubed 12-20-2018 02:53 PM

I never used to pay attention to line play until I joined this site many years ago.

Now I love watching how this line dominates the opponents.

FatDT 12-20-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 99560)
I never used to pay attention to line play until I joined this site many years ago.

Now I love watching how this line dominates the opponents.

Once you realize they'll just replay any big plays anyway you no longer fear missing something important and are free to watch the lines and take in more than you ever knew was going on in any given play.

JAFF 12-20-2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 99557)
We had a couple of very nice O-linemen during the Peyton era. Tarik Glenn, Adam Meadows, Jeff Saturday, Ryan Diem, Jake Scott. Guys who did well.

And, in the early Edge years, they ran blocked about as well as they pass blocked. Edge was a generational talent but he had some big fricking holes to run through.

However, I don't think they were anywhere near as dominating run blockers as our current batch are. They did not just punish opposing defenders for having the gall to play on the same field as they do. Peyton's O-Line did it through skill and finesse rather than just brute powerful confrotation.

These guys are fun to watch.

Walk Worthy,

Glenn was the only first round pick. Meadows was a 2, and Diem was a 3?? Saturday was a walk on, Llija was a last day pick and we stole him from KC and Scott was a late round pick. All smart, all had good feet. A Howard Mudd group of guys who could play anywhere.

TheMugwump 12-20-2018 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 99544)
I've watched and rooted for this team since Unitas was our quarterback. Watching this line block, especially run blocking, thrills and amazes me more than anything I can remember. The only thing that even comes close was watching Bert Jones (before his injury) throw a long ball. It was a freaking 50 yard line drive (or so it seemed to me) that came out of a throwing motion that had to be seen to be believed.

Old #7 is, and always will be my favorite Colt QB. And I LOVED Unitas and Peyton.

And yeah, this O-line has the makings of something special. I've always heard that the longer a line plays together, the better they play. With two rookies, a third year player, a fourth year player, and Castanzo. They're just getting started.

Colts And Orioles 12-20-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMugwump (Post 99633)

Old #7 is, and always will be my favorite Colt QB ........ and I LOVED Unitas and Peyton.

And yeah, this O-line has the makings of something special. I've always heard that the longer a line plays together, the better they play. With two rookies, a third year player, a fourth year player, and Castanzo. They're just getting started.

o

Curtis Painter ???

Just kidding.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/files/...haelhickey.jpg

o

Tanner 12-20-2018 09:08 PM

C and O did you wait until you could be post #7 to jokingly to make this comp. by posting Painters pic?

Puck 12-20-2018 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 99635)
o

Curtis Painter ???

Just kidding.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/files/...haelhickey.jpg

o

Fuck Bert Jones

Colts And Orioles 12-20-2018 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 99641)

Fuck Bert Jones.

o

Same to you, you miserable bastard.