ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Colts are declining Malik Hooker's option (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100718)

apballin 05-05-2020 01:26 PM

Other than the pick game 1 last year vs Rivers I can’t recall any of his picks being a great read react break on the ball where the qb had no chance. Most of his picks are deflected or overthrown

Chromeburn 05-05-2020 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 160769)
Other than the pick game 1 last year vs Rivers I can’t recall any of his picks being a great read react break on the ball where the qb had no chance. Most of his picks are deflected or overthrown

Better pass rush might help with that. I feel like our secondary doesnt get a lot of errant balls thrown up. QBs never seem rushed and have time to throw resulting in high completion percentages. Rush creates passing errors but we havent had a ton of pass rush last couple years.

WEEKEND WARRIOR 05-05-2020 06:49 PM

I was at the game when he tore his ACL, always had high hopes for him to be a "intercepter" btw that game was the one where Jacksonville sacked Brissett 10 times , brutal to watch in person !!

omahacolt 05-06-2020 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 160713)
He’s never played a really prominent role in Eberflus’ system.

That could be because he’s a bad scheme fit or it could be that he’s never entirely recovered from his ACL injury, I don’t know.

While I generally do like the Eberflus scheme, if you can’t find space for a ballhawk with the range that Hooker does then I think your system needs tinkering.

How is a “ballhawk” a bad fit in any scheme? We don’t just sit back there in cover 2. There are many single man looks

JAFF 05-06-2020 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 160793)
Better pass rush might help with that. I feel like our secondary doesnt get a lot of errant balls thrown up. QBs never seem rushed and have time to throw resulting in high completion percentages. Rush creates passing errors but we havent had a ton of pass rush last couple years.

Thats probably why they spent the money on Bruckner?

Oldcolt 05-06-2020 04:36 PM

I think Ballard wants greatness out of Hooker. I believe he is sending a message that Hooker will either get or not. I don't think there is a decision yet on whether he stays or not. It is all up to what he does this season.

apballin 05-06-2020 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 160793)

So basically we need the D line he had at Ohio State

1965southpaw 05-06-2020 05:21 PM

In other words.....Irsay doesn't pay Hooker. :D

smitty46953 05-06-2020 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 160861)
In other words.....Irsay doesn't pay Hooker. :D

Your Jersey could take on a whole new meaning ? :eek:

HoosierinFL 05-07-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 160848)
I think Ballard wants greatness out of Hooker. I believe he is sending a message that Hooker will either get or not. I don't think there is a decision yet on whether he stays or not. It is all up to what he does this season.

This is close. He hasn't seen what he wanted Hooker to be, so now it's "this is your contract year, will you play like it?"

But at the same time, I do recall that Ballard doesn't like guys that only show up in contract years, so I suspect that whether Hooker plays lights out this year or not, he's unlikely to be back in 2021. So this is just a way of coaxing one good season out of him.