ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   This defens (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112286)

Oldcolt 11-20-2020 11:49 AM

This defense

This is a nice write up about our defense

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...nsive-monster/

albany ed 11-20-2020 03:07 PM

There's a lot of young talent on this team, but to me, the most important player on the defense, the one who has made such a difference from past years is Buckner. I'll let others weigh in on this, but I'm so pleased to have this guy on our team.

Chromeburn 11-20-2020 03:28 PM

Funny how Eberflus is a coaching candidate now that he has talent. I always think talent is more important than coaching. But yeah, that DT position makes this defense go. We’ve been saying that since the dungy days and their continuous parade of scrubs they would stick at the position. I just don’t like this defenses weakness against scrambling QBs. It is probably what will beat us in the playoffs, unless we can get Turay back to pre injury form. That will help increase our chase down speed.

Spike 11-20-2020 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany ed (Post 176011)
There's a lot of young talent on this team, but to me, the most important player on the defense, the one who has made such a difference from past years is Buckner. I'll let others weigh in on this, but I'm so pleased to have this guy on our team.

I was so damn excited when we got Buckner. There was no one in the draft better than him on the D-line and he is still only 26 years old.

Maniac 11-20-2020 06:55 PM

Buckner is definitely the key player. Blackmon has been awesome as well. What a pick that kid was.

Brylok 11-20-2020 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany ed (Post 176011)

He's getting double teamed a lot of the time and has still made a big impact. We need offensive help in several areas, but we shouldn't write off the chance to get Buckner some additional help if it's available. Imagine having a Clowney-type player along with Buckner (not the real Clowney as he's too $$$ and injury prone).

Dam8610 11-20-2020 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 176041)
He's getting double teamed a lot of the time and has still made a big impact. We need offensive help in several areas, but we shouldn't write off the chance to get Buckner some additional help if it's available. Imagine having a Clowney-type player along with Buckner (not the real Clowney as he's too $$$ and injury prone).

Any good DEs in the draft besides Greg Rousseau who likely won't be available when the Colts pick?

apballin 11-21-2020 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 176041)

We have that player, he’s coming back Sunday

Maniac 11-21-2020 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apballin (Post 176062)
We have that player, he’s coming back Sunday

The problem so far with him is that we don't have him on the field much. He is Paris Campbell at this point.

Colts And Orioles 11-22-2020 09:27 PM

o

(vs. PACKERS, 11/22)

13 POSSESSIONS

4 TD's

1 FG

3 Punts

3 Fumble Recoveries

1 INT

1 Turnover on Downs

o