ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Reich has a lot to answer for. (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88214)

Thorgrim 11-10-2019 09:54 PM

Reich has a lot to answer for.

Can barely speak I’m so angry right now.
1. How can you justify not bringing in Chad Kelly at the start of the second half with Hoyer’s stat line at that point?
2. How do you justify shutting down the run game in critical situations when said shitty qb had done nothing to merit carrying the game?
3. Why do you allow your personal feelings to get in the way of bringing in some kickers to compete with AV rather than letting him continue to cost us wins?
4. If you had serious doubts about Briskett’s availability why didn’t Hoyer and better yet Kelly get first team snaps during practice this week?
5. Feel free to add...the list goes on and on...

1965southpaw 11-10-2019 10:41 PM

6. Why was Jack Doyle on the bench during our last drive when he was the only fucking person catching all his balls.
7. Why did we abandon the running game on the last drive when Mack and the oline were getting it done and we had 3 TO and plenty of clock.

Chromeburn 11-10-2019 10:53 PM

So what I saw was we can’t pass and Miami knew it. They stacked the box and dared us to pass. Our WRs just can’t separate. After TY this group is pedestrian. Funchess and Campbell are kinda unknowns. May have to spend some more picks on WRs till we find some.

Thorgrim 11-10-2019 11:30 PM

So in his presser Reich says he had no thoughts of puttting Kelly into the game. How can even say that with a straight face? I honestly thought he was a straight shooter but he clearly is either a liar, a fool, or both.

CanuckColt 11-10-2019 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorgrim (Post 142028)
So in his presser Reich says he had no thoughts of puttting Kelly into the game. How can even say that with a straight face? I honestly thought he was a straight shooter but he clearly is either a liar, a fool, or both.

Wow.
Why even have the guy around as BU if you won't use him?
So what happens the next time Brissett gets dinged?

Maniac 11-11-2019 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanuckColt (Post 142030)
Wow.

Clearly he will put Hoyer in again

Butter 11-11-2019 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanuckColt (Post 142030)
Wow.

I think it is pretty clear he meant that in regards to pulling Hoyer, not to use him if Hoyer went down.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 11-11-2019 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorgrim (Post 142013)
3. Why do you allow your personal feelings to get in the way of bringing in some kickers to compete with AV rather than letting him continue to cost us wins?

The Colts did bring in 6 kickers for a workout earlier this season. Cody Parkey, Elliott Fry, Younghoe Koo, Greg Joseph, Chase McLaughlin and Cole Hedlund were the kickers invited to tryout.

This responsibility lies more with Ballard than with Reich. No question Reich has input and perhaps he "went to bat" for AV, but player workouts / evaluation / signings is Ballard's responsibility.

Maniac 11-11-2019 04:25 AM

Maybe the Colts should just go for 2 on every TD for the rest of the season if they won't cut Adam V, but he keeps missing extra points.

Luck4Reich 11-11-2019 08:37 AM

That TD by Ebron.... I watched it over and over and that's been a TD in every other game I saw... even one referee was telling the other he was down. WTF happened there?

But then again as Racehorse said in game thread Ebron has to hang onto that. The guy is a cream puff. Ebron made it known he was frustrated with the offense early in the week. Here is your chance. You let a guy much smaller than you wrestle a ball out of your hands in the endzone. A TD that clearly would have set the tone and clearly in a game where points were hard to come by mattered a hell of a lot.

Now for Reich.... WTF? Where is the accountability for these players like Ebron and AV..... Hoyer... that keep playing and keep costing us games? I thought coaches were suppose to adjust to that? Doyle is your best TE and he is the one on the bench when it matters? Our punter cant kick extra points? AV sure as hell cant? Kelly wasnt even a thought to bring in? When Hoyer was an absolute disaster?

Sanchez was solid kicking extra points at Hawaii. 49 out of 50 made with a 7 for 7 game. But let's not try that Reich we dont want to hurt the feelings of our 50 year old kicker and his 100 year old leg!

Coltsfever 11-11-2019 09:10 AM

The most frustrating game.

njcoltfan 11-11-2019 09:16 AM

I’m still trying to figure out why Brissett praticed all week and didn’t play. Reich says he wasn’t looking past the Dolphins, but that moves makes me think he clearly was.

Maniac 11-11-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 142063)
I’m still trying to figure out why Brissett praticed all week and didn’t play. Reich says he wasn’t looking past the Dolphins, but that moves makes me think he clearly was.

Yep, if he wasn't just resting Brissett then he shouldn't have been practicing and taking all the 1st team reps.

dwilli57 11-11-2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 142038)
I think it is pretty clear he meant that in regards to pulling Hoyer, not to use him if Hoyer went down.

If that's the case, and this is not nice to say and I mean no ill will toward Hoyer, but I hope he goes down so we can bring in Kelly. Then again, maybe JB will be back next week.

njcoltfan 11-11-2019 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac (Post 142064)
Yep, if he wasn't just resting Brissett then he shouldn't have been practicing and taking all the 1st team reps.

Just listened to Reichs presser after the game. He said that after Thursday and Fridays practice he thought JB was about 80% and he thought that Hoyer gave the Colts a better chance to win. Guess he was wrong.

Chaka 11-11-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac (Post 142064)

Hoyer can't use the lack of 1st team reps as a legit excuse. The guy came in against the Steelers and played reasonably well without 1st team reps, so he should have been able to do so yesterday as well.

Oldcolt 11-11-2019 01:26 PM

When you lose the coach can always be criticized. We are what we are. A lousy team. Reich doesn't have great options at this point. The wrong guy retires, we lose our qb and pretty much all of our receivers. Chad Kelly isn't some savior, he probably is the Deon Cain of qb's. Nobody can run the ball in this league without the threat of a forward pass. We got nothing right now. If guys get healthy this offense looks completely different by the end of the year and Reich is a genius again.

Chromeburn 11-11-2019 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 142101)
When you lose the coach can always be criticized. We are what we are. A lousy team. Reich doesn't have great options at this point. The wrong guy retires, we lose our qb and pretty much all of our receivers. Chad Kelly isn't some savior, he probably is the Deon Cain of qb's. Nobody can run the ball in this league without the threat of a forward pass. We got nothing right now. If guys get healthy this offense looks completely different by the end of the year and Reich is a genius again.

Pretty much this. Our top three receivers are down. I mean our number one receiver is Zach Pascal.Hoyer to Pascal isn't going to scare anyone, not even the dolphins. I hate to say injuries are the reason, but they kinda are.

Colt Classic 11-11-2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 142119)
Pretty much this. Our top three receivers are down. I mean our number one receiver is Zach Pascal.Hoyer to Pascal isn't going to scare anyone, not even the dolphins. I hate to say injuries are the reason, but they kinda are.

Ok, then put in a scrambling QB rather than a pocket kinda/sorta passer.

ChoppedWood 11-11-2019 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colt Classic (Post 142120)

Or, prove that your Oline is elite as it is alleged to be- and fucking stick with the running game and demand they capitulate. Way too many fucking Bruce Arians yesterday- damn!

Colt Classic 11-11-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 142119)

So "next man up" and talk of how solid the roster is 1 to 53 is just week 1 chatter without any real meaning? Sure, on a weekly basis I don't expect Moe-Allie to be a world-beater, but he can't beat coverage against lower tier competition? No play-action down the seam against a heavy run defense? No short drag routes with the RB's who are always hyped as being quasi-WR's? No gadget plays if it really looks like there's positively nothing working? I'd prefer they all call in sick next time.

nate505 11-11-2019 05:24 PM

I really like Reich as a coach and am still a massive supporter.

That said this was by far his worst game ever, and the fact he might be the type who stubbornly clings on to better worries me a bit.

Colts And Orioles 11-11-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colt Classic (Post 142135)

So "next man up" and talk of how solid the roster is 1 to 53 is just Week 1 chatter, without any real meaning? Sure, on a weekly basis I don't expect Moe-Allie to be a world-beater, but he can't beat coverage against lower tier competition? No play-action down the seam against a heavy run defense? No short drag routes with the RB's who are always hyped as being quasi-WR's? No gadget plays if it really looks like there's positively nothing working? I'd prefer they all call in sick next time.

o

Yesterday, I said that I believed that this was indeed a solid team overall, and that the notion that the Colts are a bad team that just happens to have a solid record of 5-3 (now 5-4) is/was reactionary ........, the Colts were on their 3rd choice of quarterbacks for 2019 in yesterday's game ........ Andrew Luck retired just prior to the start of the season, and Jacoby Brissett went down with an injury last week.

Hoyer was indeed awful yesterday, but again, he WAS the team's 3rd choice of QB for this season ........ additionally, Hoyer WAS NOT so awful last week against the Steelers. There was reason to think that he could have the kind of game that he had against the Dolphins that he had against the Steelers, and if he had, the Colts would have won yesterday's game by more than 7 points.

I think that this team has been somewhat reminiscent of the 2010 "Next Man Up" team, who went 10-6 and won the division title in spite of a myriad of injuries to key players.

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/re...Teams/2010-ind

5-4 overall is relatively disappointing considering the heartbreaking losses that the Colts sustained in their last 2 games ........ but if somebody had stated that the Colts would be 5-2 after 7 games 5 minutes after Andrew Luck had announced his retirement on August 24th, most Colts fans would be rather shocked (shocked in a good way.)

Let it play out, stop the nonsensical talk of intentionally losing every game from here on out to bolster the position of the team's 2020 draft pick, and let Reich and company do what they have been doing since he came on board prior to the start of the 2018 season ........ fight like crazy to win each and every game, regardless of how good or bad the opponent is. Hardly anybody expected the Colts to lose at home to the Dolphins yesterday, but hardly anybody expected them to put the clamps on Patrick Mahomes and company on their homefield in western Missouri last month, either.

o

Dam8610 11-11-2019 05:41 PM

It's funny how quickly you guys turn on a coach. Two weeks ago, Reich was "ZOMG BEST COACH EVAR!" around here, but to read this thread, you'd think you guys were talking about Pagano.

YDFL Commish 11-11-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colt Classic (Post 142120)

I'm not going to sit here and say that Hoyer should have been pulled in favor of Kelly. But how about designing up some packages for Kelly for a series or in the red zone, 4th down etc.

Maybe even line him out wide and see if you can throw him a backward pass and he can find somebody open downfield?

Reich had to know that points were going to be hard to come by, so you gotta steal those points.

Racehorse 11-11-2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 142144)
It's funny how quickly you guys turn on a coach. Two weeks ago, Reich was "ZOMG BEST COACH EVAR!" around here, but to read this thread, you'd think you guys were talking about Pagano.

Nobody is even close to thinking he is even half that bad.

Dam8610 11-11-2019 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 142162)
Nobody is even close to thinking he is even half that bad.

Have you read this thread?

CanuckColt 11-11-2019 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 142144)

It is not so much a matter of "turning on a coach" but more a question of his flexibility in playcalling and ability to make in-game adjustments. If he is unable or unwilling to adjust, that is not a good thing for a head coach.

Colt Classic 11-11-2019 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanuckColt (Post 142178)
It is not so much a matter of "turning on a coach" but more a question of his flexibility in playcalling and ability to make in-game adjustments. If he is unable or unwilling to adjust, that is not a good thing for a head coach.

I feel like he HAS shown that he can adjust in-game, which makes the recent weeks of showing up with seemingly no Plan B when Plan A fails positively baffling and frustrating.

apballin 11-11-2019 09:50 PM

There is no doubt he’s babying some players and undervaluing these non divisional games. Could it be because of the bs Luck played thru maybe, but all I know is Brissett got paid a lot of money and nobody is 100% at this point. We win games because we don’t turn the ball over, hoyer was a waste of money and cost us the game and it was a disgrace idgaf who was at wr. You’re telling me Brissett all of a sudden looked “80%” on Saturday —-BULLSHIT. They thought the dolphins we’re gonna lay down and they fucked up treating every non division game like a goddam preseason game

Brylok 11-11-2019 11:48 PM

Quite frankly, the Colts at 5-4, given the circumstances of the late preseason and regular season to this point in time, are punching above their weight. This is just another year of a now delayed rebuild. We should adjust our expectations accordingly. I know I have

Brylok 11-11-2019 11:51 PM

Actually, I haven't adjusted. I predicted 5 wins for the season after Luck quit. And here we are.

JAFF 11-12-2019 11:21 AM

I'm getting old.

I read through this entire thread, and that's when I remembered Bill Murray in Ghostbusters.

Quote:

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria
Hoyer is a backup. He's not going to play like anything other than what he is. The INTS just killed the Colts. And the Colts had way too many drops to help him out.

Ebron needs to shut up and produce. That miss TD is on him. Not getting passed the sticks, is ridiculous. I'm a fat old man and I know about it.

Too many second string receivers.

The D wasn't bad. But it's young. And the kids are making plays. But they are not getting to the QB often enough if the O isn't going to play well.

Special teams hasn't been very special. And not just Vinnie. Bad snaps, bad coverage, bad holds, and bad misses. They can turn it around, but cutting Vinnie now without anyone close to being a reliable FG/XP kicker is going to be hard. It's probably going to wait until next year.

Racehorse 11-12-2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 142232)
I'm getting old.

I read through this entire thread, and that's when I remembered Bill Murray in Ghostbusters.

Hoyer is a backup. He's not going to play like anything other than what he is. The INTS just killed the Colts. And the Colts had way too many drops to help him out.

Ebron needs to shut up and produce. That miss TD is on him. Not getting passed the sticks, is ridiculous. I'm a fat old man and I know about it.

The D wasn't bad. But it's young. And the kids are making plays. But they are not getting to the QB often enough if the O isn't going to play well.

Special teams hasn't been very special. And not just Vinnie. Bad snaps, bad coverage, bad holds, and bad misses. They can turn it around, but cutting Vinnie now without anyone close to being a reliable FG/XP kicker is going to be hard. It's probably going to wait until next year.

That's pretty much where I am. I think one more good off-season, and we will be one of the toughest teams to beat in this league.

Thorgrim 11-12-2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate505 (Post 142140)
I really like Reich as a coach and am still a massive supporter.

That said this was by far his worst game ever, and the fact he might be the type who stubbornly clings on to better worries me a bit.

I like Reich and will support him moving forward but the guy isn’t infallible and clearly has some shortcomings that require improvement. I don’t like any talk of giving up on the season. Defeatist attitude is a bitter reminder of previous regimes. Time to right the ship and exercise better judgement moving forward. Injuries, retirement, and lack of discipline all share blame but the buck stops with Reich and Ballard. All is not lost but there is no margin for error moving forward. Now they just need to coach and play accordingly.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 11-12-2019 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorgrim (Post 142013)

Ballard brought in four free agent kickers today. Two of the kickers (Elliott Fry and Greg Joseph) had also participated in the prior workout earlier in the season.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/statu...76782373412872

Quote:

With Adam Vinatieri's recent struggles, the Colts worked out kickers Elliot Fry, Greg Joseph, Mike Nugent and Nick Rose.

Colt Classic 11-12-2019 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinIndy (Post 142290)
Ballard brought in four free agent kickers today. Two of the kickers (Elliott Fry and Greg Joseph) had also participated in the prior workout earlier in the season.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/statu...76782373412872

The Korean kicker they brought in back when they talked AV out of retirement looks decent on the Falcons now. Plenty of options, but excuses for why they don't pull the trigger and saying "well he was unproven and would be on another team if he were NFL-caliber" is all we get.

Chromeburn 11-13-2019 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 142232)
I'm getting old.

Ebron going to the coach is no different than you going to your boss with a problem. Unless your boss tells you to shut up and do your work also.

That Ebron TD should have been called a TD. Another ref fuck up. Ebron does need to catch a couple of those other balls, some were bad throws though.

Hoyer should have been given snaps in practice, might have helped some.

Defense did it's job and nice to see Leonard back.

Hoyer should not have thrown to Ebron on that last down into double coverage. He might make it if single covered. However should not have gone for the endzone on 2nd and 3rd the two previous plays. We had plenty of time left.

We are not good enough to overcome injuries like we have. Especially TY.

Colts And Orioles 11-17-2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colt Classic (Post 142135)

So "next man up" and talk of how solid the roster is 1 to 53 is just Week 1 chatter, without any real meaning? Sure, on a weekly basis I don't expect Moe-Allie to be a world-beater, but he can't beat coverage against lower tier competition? No play-action down the seam against a heavy run defense? No short drag routes with the RB's who are always hyped as being quasi-WR's? No gadget plays if it really looks like there's positively nothing working? I'd prefer they all call in sick next time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts And Orioles (Post 142143)
o

Yesterday, I said that I believed that this was indeed a solid team overall, and that the notion that the Colts are a bad team that just happens to have a solid record of 5-3 (now 5-4) is/was reactionary ........, the Colts were on their 3rd choice of quarterbacks for 2019 in yesterday's game ........ Andrew Luck retired just prior to the start of the season, and Jacoby Brissett went down with an injury last week.

Hoyer was indeed awful yesterday, but again, he WAS the team's 3rd choice of QB for this season ........ additionally, Hoyer WAS NOT so awful last week against the Steelers. There was reason to think that he could have the kind of game that he had against the Dolphins that he had against the Steelers, and if he had, the Colts would have won yesterday's game by more than 7 points.

I think that this team has been somewhat reminiscent of the 2010 "Next Man Up" team, who went 10-6 and won the division title in spite of a myriad of injuries to key players.

5-4 overall is relatively disappointing considering the heartbreaking losses that the Colts sustained in their last 2 games ........ but if somebody had stated that the Colts would be 5-2 after 7 games 5 minutes after Andrew Luck had announced his retirement on August 24th, most Colts fans would be rather shocked (shocked in a good way.)

Let it play out, stop the nonsensical talk of intentionally losing every game from here on out to bolster the position of the team's 2020 draft pick, and let Reich and company do what they have been doing since he came on board prior to the start of the 2018 season ........ fight like crazy to win each and every game, regardless of how good or bad the opponent is. Hardly anybody expected the Colts to lose at home to the Dolphins yesterday, but hardly anybody expected them to put the clamps on Patrick Mahomes and company on their homefield in western Missouri last month, either.

o

o

The Colts have the same record as that 2010 team had after 10 games (6-4.)

Today, 2 key players went down with an injury during the game ........ Marlon Mack on offense, and Rock Ya-Sin on defense.

Jonathan Williams did very well at running back after Mack hurt his hand, and the defense overall continued to play well after Ya-Sin hurt his ankle ........ next man up.

o

Racehorse 11-17-2019 05:07 PM

I'd say he answered for it quite well.