ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Topics (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   so Donald Trump (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=899)

rcubed 02-24-2017 06:58 PM

Sean Spicer held his daily briefing in-formally in his office (called a gaggle) today. The WH picked the news outlets allowed in when the pool was expanded. They blocked CNN, NY Times, LA Times.

Suppression of a free press is not right.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/24/medi...gle/index.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ing-event.html

omahacolt 02-24-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 3377)
Sean Spicer held his daily briefing in-formally in his office (called a gaggle) today. They WH picked the news outlets allowed in. They blocked CNN, NY Times, LA Times.

Suppression of a free press is not right.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/24/medi...gle/index.html

a complete and utter shit show

the dude is a man baby and has no desire to do things by the constitution

GoBigBlue88 02-24-2017 09:33 PM

But hey, emails. Benghazi. Obamacare. Something something.

Brylok 02-25-2017 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 3378)
a complete and utter shit show

the dude is a man baby and has no desire to do things by the constitution

He doesn't give a shit about the constitution. He considers himself 'leader' now. And his followers do, too. If something isn't done, and soon, our period as a democratic republic will be over.

rcubed 02-25-2017 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 3384)
But hey, emails. Benghazi. Obamacare. Something something.

Obamacare does not belong in that list

GoBigBlue88 02-25-2017 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 3390)
Obamacare does not belong in that list

Not looping it with the others as comparable. Saying it's one of three things most Trump supporters couldn't stop talking about, failing to see the bigger picture of anything.

Of course the Obamacare discussion is a whole 'nother can of worms.

nate505 02-25-2017 02:15 AM

So Spicer has intimated that the Feds will crack down on the legal weed laws in the states that legalized weed recreationally.

This seems like an odd political move to me. For one, the GOP and conservatives profess to be for state's rights. This seems to be opposite to that position. For two, Trump himself said this was a state's rights issue when he was campaigning. He would come across as a liar if he let this happened. For three, the latest polls for the past 2-3 years (yes, I know, in TrumpLand all polls are fake, but anyways) have shown that the majority of this country agrees with legalization in general, and a larger majority shows that even if people don't agree with legalization they believe it's a state's rights issue (which would be consistent with the conservative position).

So I'm just missing the boat here on why he'd do this. Politically it seems like a stupid move to me. I guess the only way it sorta makes sense is that other than Alaska all the states that have recreational weed voted against him, so perhaps he is that petty.

GoBigBlue88 02-25-2017 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate505 (Post 3392)
So Spicer has intimated that the Feds will crack down on the legal weed laws in the states that legalized weed recreationally.

This seems like an odd political move to me. For one, the GOP and conservatives profess to be for state's rights. This seems to be opposite to that position. For two, Trump himself said this was a state's rights issue when he was campaigning. He would come across as a liar if he let this happened. For three, the latest polls for the past 2-3 years (yes, I know, in TrumpLand all polls are fake, but anyways) have shown that the majority of this country agrees with legalization in general, and a larger majority shows that even if people don't agree with legalization they believe it's a state's rights issue (which would be consistent with the conservative position).

So I'm just missing the boat here on why he'd do this. Politically it seems like a stupid move to me. I guess the only way it sorta makes sense is that other than Alaska all the states that have recreational weed voted against him, so perhaps he is that petty.

Because the man has zero consistency to his logic (where there is any logic). He's making abortion and transgender bathroom laws states rights issues, with weed having federal oversight. And guns ... heh.

It still remains the most insane to me that there are Conservatives who feel A) Trump is representative of them/their values and B) Trump is really something they want to tie their careers (GOP politicians) or country's future (GOP base) to.

omahacolt 02-25-2017 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nate505 (Post 3392)

big pharma is getting to him.

you really think politicians stand for anything other than what their big corporate backers want?

omahacolt 02-25-2017 10:41 AM

and i always find it hilarious when trump supporters say he has a bunch of money and can't be bought.

do you know what rich people love more than anything? more money.