ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Defensive Fronts the OL will face this season (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53054)

FatDT 09-21-2018 11:59 AM

Defensive Fronts the OL will face this season

We already faced two very good ones in the Bengals and Redskins. But our schedule in general is pretty ridiculous. We need Castonzo back the whole season. And we need Braden Smith to develop because I don't think Slauson is going to make it.

Eagles have Graham, Barnett, Cox, Ngata, Bennett, and Long. Damn.

Texans have Watt, Mercilius, Clowney. McKinney is a good blitzer too.

Patriots have Flowers, Guy, Brown, Clayborn, Shelton, Hightower, and Van Noy, I don't think this will be a cakewalk.

Jets have Williams, Anderson, and not a ton else, we'll see how they shape up. Their DL was a strength for so long, not so much now.

Bills might have found their way by the time we play. Hughes, Kyle Williams, Lotulelei, Murphy, Lawson, Alexander, Edmunds are all names that either have been difference-makers or are expected to be.

Raiders have Carradine (who's never done anything), Hankins, and Irvin, but I'm not sure they have the coaching for those players to matter.

Jags have their shit-ton of defensive talent up front

Titans have Casey, Morgan, and Landry, that last name might especially haunt us.

Dolphins have Wake and Quinn coming off the edge, our tackles better be healthy and ready

Jags again

Texans again

Cowboys have Lawrence, Crawford, Charleton, Collins, Irving, maybe Randy Gregory. And a very similar DL scheme to what has us so excited here in Indy.

Giants have a few names but this might be the weakest pass rush we face all season.

Titans again

So other than maybe the Jets, the Raiders, and the Giants, the OL will face seriously dangerous opponents just about every week this season. Sucks to play in the AFC South right now, just a lot of front 7 talent.

Puck 09-21-2018 12:38 PM

Not sure why you are trying to hurry Smith in..... He is not better than Slauson. Not sure what your beef with Slauson is but he is not the issue on the Oline. I think he doing fine.

Need AC back sure.... be nice if Good would finally make it onto the field. Otherwise Haeg will be at RT

omahacolt 09-21-2018 05:05 PM

yeah i think slauson is doing ok as well. but i also agree we really need AC back and Good to play as many games as his shitty body will let him.

i really do think we could have a really good oline if we could let these fuckers get a few games under their belts.

how great would it be to put the same 5 out there for like 8 games in a row. that isn't even asking for much? the oline injury situation has been incredible the last 6 years. in a bad way