ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Clayton Geathers Re-Signing with the Colts (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69986)

Coltsalr 03-20-2019 10:43 AM

Clayton Geathers Re-Signing with the Colts

@JoelAErickson
Clayton Geathers is finalizing a deal to return to the Colts, according to a source.

VeveJones007 03-20-2019 10:46 AM

I’m expecting a one year deal, but we’ll see. This fills a glaring hole; though SS is definitely still a target in the draft.

Lawrence Owen 03-20-2019 10:57 AM

As I said on twitter:

Mixed emotions on the signing. Even though I like Geathers, and he is a home brewed product, I think he has a lot to prove, and a lot to work on to be a better overall SS. Injury concerns are a bit worrisome.
But I jave said all along that all these F.A.'s that Ballard let walk out and check their worth around the league would probably be back once they say Ballard would offer a similar deal to just stay put in a locker room they know and trust.

apballin 03-20-2019 11:08 AM

I figured this would happen glad they resigned him

VeveJones007 03-20-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawrence Owen (Post 113861)
Mixed emotions on the signing. Even though I like Geathers, and he is a home brewed product, I think he has a lot to prove, and a lot to work on to be a better overall SS. Injury concerns are a bit worrisome.
But I jave said all along that all these F.A.'s that Ballard let walk out and check their worth around the league would probably be back once they say Ballard would offer a similar deal to just stay put in a locker room they know and trust.

Definitely still a position to look to upgrade for the long-term in the draft. Should be a good option in the first 3 rounds.

Discflinger 03-20-2019 12:48 PM

I'd expect a low deal and him starting half the games next season.

Maniac 03-20-2019 12:48 PM

Well that's good. Still not any better than at the end of last season so far.

VeveJones007 03-20-2019 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac (Post 113871)
Well that's good. Still not any better than at the end of last season so far.

Yep, it's inconceivable that players under the age of 25 could get better this offseason and training camp.

Luck4Reich 03-20-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 113876)
Yep, it's inconceivable that players under the age of 25 could get better this offseason and training camp.

Nice sarcasm :cool: That was sarcasm right?:D

Luck4Reich 03-20-2019 01:16 PM

I think with the coaching staff we have now the young players we have will continue to get better.