ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   David Parry arrested (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2143)

HoosierinFL 02-27-2017 10:15 PM

David Parry arrested

And it's not good
http://www.abc15.com/sports/sports-b...-in-the-valley

Fuck

Butter 02-27-2017 10:35 PM

Theft? What the hell is a guy with a pretty good income doing stealing shit. Sigh.

GoBigBlue88 02-27-2017 10:43 PM

Wait, so you mean firing Ryan Grigson DIDN'T cure the bullshit culture surrounding this team?

You mean Pagano might actually have a hand in the losing/unaccountability culture of this team?

Shocked, I tell ya.

Indiana V2 02-27-2017 11:04 PM

Wow, just amazing how dumb some people are.

Dam8610 02-27-2017 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 3560)
Wait, so you mean firing Ryan Grigson DIDN'T cure the bullshit culture surrounding this team?

You mean Pagano might actually have a hand in the losing/unaccountability culture of this team?

Shocked, I tell ya.

WTF is this nonsense? A stretch, putting it mildly. How in the hell are you going to blame Pagano for a player doing some dumb bullshit in the offseason? I guess in your world, Belicheat cultivates a culture of murder, and John Harbaugh a culture of domestic violence as well? I know most of you hate Pagano, but this is ludicrous.

sherck 02-27-2017 11:40 PM

As my wife just said when i read her this, "you can't fix stupid."

Goodness, how dumb can you be.

Cheers,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Flexo 02-27-2017 11:41 PM

Always knew Parry was a thug.

rcubed 02-28-2017 12:11 AM

dumbass.

Brylok 02-28-2017 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexo (Post 3568)
Always knew Parry was a thug.

How?

Spike 02-28-2017 01:53 AM

Quote:

Shocked, I tell ya.

Pagano sucks as a coach, but you really can't blame him for this shit. It's all on Parry for being a dumb ass.

njcoltfan 02-28-2017 07:06 AM

Goodbye Mr. Parry, hello Mr. Poe !! ( hopefully )

sherck 02-28-2017 07:51 AM

It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Mr. McAfee also had a run in with getting arrested while drunk and doing some stupid stuff in public. He was not immediately kicked off the team.

Now, McAfee's stunt did not involve assaulting anyone nor theft of a vehicle so there is a difference.

D'Q Jackson did assault a pizza delivery guy and was not immediately kicked off the team.

I think that how Parry responds to the incident will determine if he is a Colt in the fall. Irsay has a pretty big ability to forgive someone who shows that he is willing to work to put stuff like this behind him.

Does not make Parry any less stupid. But, I would not automatically assume that he is off the team.

And we will still need 2 NTs for a good rotation. Kerr is not really anything other than Just Another Guy (JAG) and I would prefer to have two good NTs if we could.

Of course, we could sign Poe or Brandon Williams and then draft a kid like Deangelo Brown out of Louisville in the 5th round. Brown did not get a combine invite but he should have; he has been a very good NT for 3 years now.

Cheers,

GoBigBlue88 02-28-2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike (Post 3574)
Pagano sucks as a coach, but you really can't blame him for this shit. It's all on Parry for being a dumb ass.

Yes you can. Pagano has installed a culture of zero accountability. It's the same reason multiple players have been busted for PED use and arrests have been a problem with this team before. It's the same reason this team does dumb things on the field, too.

Coltsalr 02-28-2017 09:43 AM

For now, there seems to be a perception that Ballard might not be so opposed to bringing in guys with character issues (Tyreek Hill and Marcus Peters being guys that he supposedly was integral in bringing in).

That said, does he do so for a guy that's probably below league average at this position in Parry? Does he go through the hassle of waiting out a suspension for him, as would seem likely to assuredly happen?

I'm thinking he's probably not going to make the final roster, but he might not be cut immediately. They can keep him around and let him compete in training camp, but assuming that Ballard has completed the overhaul of this D that we all expect, this will just be one more checked box that Parry will not have when they're making final evaluations.

sherck 02-28-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 3591)
For now, there seems to be a perception that Ballard might not be so opposed to bringing in guys with character issues (Tyreek Hill and Marcus Peters being guys that he supposedly was integral in bringing in).

That said, does he do so for a guy that's probably below league average at this position in Parry? Does he go through the hassle of waiting out a suspension for him, as would seem likely to assuredly happen?

I'm thinking he's probably not going to make the final roster, but he might not be cut immediately. They can keep him around and let him compete in training camp, but assuming that Ballard has completed the overhaul of this D that we all expect, this will just be one more checked box that Parry will not have when they're making final evaluations.

Holy crud! What does it take to show that a guy is getting it done in the NFL?
From my "State of the Colts" Defensive Line post:
Quote:

2016 Stats for Top 3-4 Nose Tackles:

68 tackles / 8 TFL / 7.0 sacks / 2 FF / 23 years old / Drafted #006 overall 2015 / Leonard Williams, NYJ
59 tackles / 1 TFL / 1.5 sacks / 0 FF / 24 years old / Drafted #012 overall 2015 / Danny Shelton, CLE
51 tackles / 3 TFL / 1.0 sacks / 0 FF / 28 years old / Drafted #094 overall 2013 / Brandon Williams, BAL
47 tackles / 1 TFL / 3.0 sacks / 0 FF / 25 years old / Drafted #151 overall 2015 / David Parry, IND
39 tackles / 3 TFL / 3.5 sacks / 0 FF / 27 years old / Drafted #003 overall 2011 / Marcell Dareus, BUF
33 tackles / 3 TFL / 1.0 sacks / 1 FF / 30 years old / Drafted #032 overall 2009 / Ziggy Hood, WAS
29 tackles / 3 TFL / 1.0 sacks / 0 FF / 28 years old / Drafted #028 overall 2013 / Sylvester Williams, DEN
27 tackles / 3 TFL / 2.0 sacks / 0 FF / 24 years old / Drafted #089 overall 2016 / Javon Hargrave, PIT
27 tackles / 1 TFL / 1.5 sacks / 1 FF / 27 years old / Drafted #011 overall 2012 / Dontari Poe, KC
Performance on the field matters! For a 3-4 NT, a pretty darn good judge of if the guy is being effective or not is if he is getting tackles. And if you watch Colts football at all, you can see him getting penetration and splitting double teams on a fairly regular basis.

Is he the best NT in the league? Nope, not by a long shot. Will he ever be? Probably not.

He is the problem right now on a pretty bad 3-4 defense? No he is not and to say that he is easily replaceable is a pretty dumb statement.

Goodness, half of you want to dismantle whatever small success we have had on defense to spite our face. The key to getting better is staying status quo on the few guys whom are at least NFL average or better (Parry, Davis, Geathers.....ummmm, help me out here.......) and replace the folks that are not with better folks.

Not get rid of one of the few guys who was doing his job last season.

Get rid of him because he is a dumb shit, sure. If management does that I will not bat an eye.

But, for goodness sake, give him credit for being one of the most productive 3-4 NTs last year because he was. Don't downgrade his performance on the field just because you were not paying attention or have decided that because he was a low round draft choice that he cannot be any good. Robert Mathis, Jeff Saturday and Antonine Bethea would all be laughing at you.

Sorry. Bad day at work. I needed to vent.

Cheers,

Coltsalr 02-28-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 3602)

Performance on the field matters! For a 3-4 NT, a pretty darn good judge of if the guy is being effective or not is if he is getting tackles. And if you watch Colts football at all, you can see him getting penetration and splitting double teams on a fairly regular basis.

Is he the best NT in the league? Nope, not by a long shot. Will he ever be? Probably not.

He is the problem right now on a pretty bad 3-4 defense? No he is not and to say that he is easily replaceable is a pretty dumb statement.

Goodness, half of you want to dismantle whatever small success we have had on defense to spite our face. The key to getting better is staying status quo on the few guys whom are at least NFL average or better (Parry, Davis, Geathers.....ummmm, help me out here.......) and replace the folks that are not with better folks.

Get rid of him because he is a dumb shit, sure. If management does that I will not bat an eye.

But, for goodness sake, give him credit for being one of the most productive 3-4 NTs last year because he was. Don't downgrade his performance on the field just because you were not paying attention or have decided that because he was a low round draft choice that he cannot be any good. Robert Mathis, Jeff Saturday and Antonine Bethea would all be laughing at you.

Cheers,

According to PFF, which I know you've cited many times, he was even worse than I insinuated:

Quote:

Last year, Parry graded as just the No. 110 interior defender among 127 qualifiers, per Pro Football Focus.
https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...parry-arrested

My eye test, which is admittedly limited, seemed to indicate that he had taken a step back. Combine that with PFF giving him some poor grades throughout the season, and I thought it was a fairly safe bet that he was at least below average.

woodyscolts 02-28-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 3564)
WTF is this nonsense? A stretch, putting it mildly. How in the hell are you going to blame Pagano for a player doing some dumb bullshit in the offseason? I guess in your world, Belicheat cultivates a culture of murder, and John Harbaugh a culture of domestic violence as well? I know most of you hate Pagano, but this is ludicrous.

And how could you possibly say firing Grigson did not have anything to do with changing the culture when Grigs was fired after the end of the season and Grigs could have had no influence one way or the other.

natagu23 02-28-2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Shocked, I tell ya.

Dumb post

natagu23 02-28-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 3602)

Cheers,

Stats can be very misleading. Kinda reminds me when Angerer was getting all those tackles but a lot of them were like 10-15 yards beyond the LOS.

Parry is rotational at best.

Btw, Leonard Williams doesnt play nose.

sherck 02-28-2017 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 3603)
According to PFF, which I know you've cited many times, he was even worse than I insinuated:

https://www.profootballrumors.com/20...parry-arrested

My eye test, which is admittedly limited, seemed to indicate that he had taken a step back. Combine that with PFF giving him some poor grades throughout the season, and I thought it was a fairly safe bet that he was at least below average.

Well that is interesting.

I don't pay for PFF grades so the only ones that I ever have access to are the free ones that they put into their articles. I had not seen one for Parry up until you posted it.

It is interesting that he can have the 4th highest tackle number of all 3-4 NTs in the league but somehow be graded in the bottom 15% of all defensive linemen in the league.

My eye test saw him splitting double teams with some frequency and making piles to re-route runners. Granted, his piles were sometimes 3 - 4 yards downfield which is not ideal but I really felt like he was one of the few on our D-line that was playing at least NFL average.

So, I apologize if I came off harsh earlier. I was judging by performance and you were using PFF grades which I often agree with. On this player, I would like to know how they are grading because their grade does not correspond with my view of his performance.

Cheers,

Coltsalr 02-28-2017 02:01 PM

Elsewhere, David Parry is a complete idiot:

Quote:

Parry, whose eyes were watery and bloodshot and whose speech was slurred, laughed and thought being arrested for robbery and auto theft was comical, according to the police report. Parry antagonized the officers, using gay slurs and calling them "fat f---s," according to officers.

Parry had a brace on his left wrist from surgery earlier in the offseason that made it difficult for the officers to handcuff him. The police had to remove the brace from Parry's wrist to put the handcuffs on because he kept "locking his muscles and turning his body in attempts to break free from" police.

Parry was not given a breath test because of his lack of stability and because he was "dry heaving," as if he was going to vomit, when the officers were drawing blood from his arm, according to the police report.

Asked how much he had to drink, Parry told the officers "a lot" and "more than I should have been," according to the report.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ft-dui-charges

Genius.

Spike 02-28-2017 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 3586)
Yes you can. Pagano has installed a culture of zero accountability. It's the same reason multiple players have been busted for PED use and arrests have been a problem with this team before. It's the same reason this team does dumb things on the field, too.

Bullshit, Parry is a grown ass man, no one's fault but his own. Blame everything related to football on Pagano, and there's no argument, but blaming Pagano for anything they do away from football is just asinine.

sherck 02-28-2017 02:27 PM

Work your entire youth for the opportunity to play in college.

Work your entire time in college for the opportunity to play in the NFL.

Become one of only 250ish college men to be drafted in any given year.

Become an NFL starter from Day One having been handed $1.180m so far in signing bonus and 2 years of salary.

And then, you do something like this.

Holy crud. As my wife said last night, "you can't fix stupid."

Cheers,

albany ed 02-28-2017 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 3631)

Become an NFL starter from Day One having been handed $1.180m so far in signing bonus and 2 years of salary.

Cheers,

He'll be cut, he'll be out of football and then he'll be broke. And, his memories of his glory days will only make him bitter. As Mr. T would say, "I pity the fool".

Dam8610 02-28-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodyscolts (Post 3612)
And how could you possibly say firing Grigson did not have anything to do with changing the culture when Grigs was fired after the end of the season and Grigs could have had no influence one way or the other.

When did I say that?

omahacolt 02-28-2017 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 3615)
Well that is interesting.

I don't pay for PFF grades so the only ones that I ever have access to are the free ones that they put into their articles. I had not seen one for Parry up until you posted it.

It is interesting that he can have the 4th highest tackle number of all 3-4 NTs in the league but somehow be graded in the bottom 15% of all defensive linemen in the league.

My eye test saw him splitting double teams with some frequency and making piles to re-route runners. Granted, his piles were sometimes 3 - 4 yards downfield which is not ideal but I really felt like he was one of the few on our D-line that was playing at least NFL average.

So, I apologize if I came off harsh earlier. I was judging by performance and you were using PFF grades which I often agree with. On this player, I would like to know how they are grading because their grade does not correspond with my view of his performance.

Cheers,

pff sucks

fuck their rankings. they don't mean shit. but your eye test should show that our linebackers have olinemen in their face constantly.

and we get ran the fuck on.

tackle stats are very misleading

omahacolt 02-28-2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 3631)

Cheers,

he is a young man that had too many shots. it happens.

correct me if i am wrong but you are a huge mcafee fan right?

sherck 02-28-2017 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 3681)
he is a young man that had too many shots. it happens.

correct me if i am wrong but you are a huge mcafee fan right?

As in Pat McAfee?

I liked him and appreciated his multi-talent skill set but its not like I felt like he was all that and a bag of doughnuts.

Good, not great punter.

Cheers,

apballin 02-28-2017 08:08 PM

yeah I don't think he'll get cut some alcohol classes and an apology he'll be fine

omahacolt 02-28-2017 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 3685)
As in Pat McAfee?

I liked him and appreciated his multi-talent skill set but its not like I felt like he was all that and a bag of doughnuts.

Good, not great punter.

Cheers,

but he got in trouble while drinking.

you don't bitch about that now do you

sherck 02-28-2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 3690)
but he got in trouble while drinking.

you don't bitch about that now do you

???

I don't get what you are saying.

I used the phrase "liquored up kicker" to refer to Pat at the time. He was also stupid when he did his Broadripple backstroke.

Parry is stupid this week.

Both fueled by beer.

Cheers,

omahacolt 02-28-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 3692)
???

I used the phrase "liquored up kicker" to refer to Pat at the time. He was also stupid when he did his Broadripple backstroke.

Parry is stupid this week.

Both fueled by beer.

Cheers,

you should lighten up. didn't you ever get shitfaced and make a bad decision?

like a sketchy hooker or drunken tummy sticks with your "friend"

Coltsalr 02-28-2017 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 3694)
you should lighten up. didn't you ever get shitfaced and make a bad decision?

like a sketchy hooker or drunken tummy sticks with your "friend"

Had he just stolen the golf cart while it was unoccupied then I'd just write it off as drunken idiocy. Stupid, for sure, but hey, who hasn't been there?

Punching out the poor random golf cart driver (particularly when you're an NFL lineman that can put quite a bit behind a punch) makes you a piece of shit.

And the reports of what he was saying to the cops and resisting while he was being arrested just point to him being completely retarded.

omahacolt 02-28-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 3697)
Had he just stolen the golf cart while it was unoccupied then I'd just write it off as drunken idiocy. Stupid, for sure, but hey, who hasn't been there?

Punching out the poor random golf cart driver (particularly when you're an NFL lineman that can put quite a bit behind a punch) makes you a piece of shit.

And the reports of what he was saying to the cops and resisting while he was being arrested just point to him being completely retarded.

this doesn't really bother me

Brylok 02-28-2017 10:08 PM

Auto theft charge for taking a golf cart. Dude was obviously shitfaced, but DUI charges are usually more about revenue than safety. A poor commoner can get trapped in that charge for years. And "resisting arrest" is always very arbitrary. I imagine it's worse for a minority in Maricopa County, AZ. The kid made a stupid mistake but I doubt he gets cut. The Colts aren't going to bring in two NTs this off-season. My question is, what the hell was he doing in Maricopa County, AZ?

bertjones 03-01-2017 12:56 AM

I thought he was a decent/adequate player on a defense that had few
players. My expectation under Ballard is that anyone not named Davis(or
possibly Anderson) is going to be gone in the near future. To paraphrase
Bogey- maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday, and for the
rest of our lives. I figured Parry would be one of the guys holding the fort
until that happened, so it hurts.

nate505 03-01-2017 01:57 AM

What a worthless drunkard.

Maniac 03-01-2017 05:26 AM

Quote:

Shocked, I tell ya.

http://i.imgur.com/yzzgewc.jpg

What a dumb post

njcoltfan 03-01-2017 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 3702)
this doesn't really bother me

Figures

Racehorse 03-01-2017 09:23 AM

I have a very simple rule: If you have a good job, you don't steal.

I used to work in a grocery store and a guy with a good job as a vendor stole a freaking ink pen at the store and lost his cushy job because he wanted something without paying for it. The same rule applies to millionaires who think they can cheat people out of stuff because of their wealth. Just don't do it! Parry did it. What a maroon!