ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jaguars (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60301)

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 11-26-2018 05:02 PM

Jaguars

Jacksonville - our next opponent - made quite a few headlines today

- fired their Offensive Coordinator Nathaniel Hackett. Their QB coach will take over the play-calling responsibilities

- benched Blake Bortles and will start Cody Kessler at QB

- sent another OL to the IR - Andrew Norwell

Their season thus far has been a dumpster fire - hopefully, they don't have a "bounce back" game from these changes.

FatDT 11-26-2018 05:19 PM

I could see the offense having a small spurt of effectiveness just because Kessler and the new OC are a new pair, no tape on what they might to. But I doubt it'll last long.

JAFF 11-26-2018 06:13 PM

Its' going to be about running the ball and stopping Fournette.

Maniac 11-26-2018 07:24 PM

They should have used cut Bottles last year and used that money saved and used the money they gave Norwell to get a QB

Dam8610 11-26-2018 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 94423)
They should have used cut Bottles last year and used that money saved and used the money they gave Norwell to get a QB

Would they be appreciably better with Cousins?

Maniac 11-26-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 94426)
Would they be appreciably better with Cousins?

Than Bortles? Yes. Even Alex Smith would have been better on that team than Bortles IMO.

Thorgrim 11-26-2018 11:04 PM

Losing Norwell is a big blow since their OL was already compromised by several injuries. This is gonna be a boon for our DL.

VeveJones007 11-27-2018 03:00 AM

This game looks a lot better than it did two days ago. Jags are imploding, Bortles is benched even though he regularly kills the Colts, Norwell is hurt, and Fornette is out.

Last week I thought this was a toss-up. Now I’d have the Colts as 3-4pt favorites on the road.

Chaka 11-27-2018 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 94484)
This game looks a lot better than it did two days ago. Jags are imploding, Bortles is benched even though he regularly kills the Colts, Norwell is hurt, and Fornette is out.

Last week I thought this was a toss-up. Now I’d have the Colts as 3-4pt favorites on the road.

Early line has us as 4.5 point favorites. I'm honestly surprised it's that low, given the change in QB and Fournette being out. I mean, JAX lost to the Bills last week.

sherck 11-27-2018 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaka (Post 94520)
Early line has us as 4.5 point favorites. I'm honestly surprised it's that low, given the change in QB and Fournette being out. I mean, JAX lost to the Bills last week.

Did you watch our offense do absolutely nothing in the 2nd and 3rd quarters against a porrly ranked TEN defense?

4.5 points seems just about right! :)

Walk Worthy,