ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Holder on the new offense (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43331)

Puck 05-15-2018 02:00 PM

Holder on the new offense

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 33

Dam8610 05-15-2018 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 67506)

Good, no excuse for Luck to get injured in a quick release offense with the level of investment this team has made in the OL.

Butter 05-15-2018 02:30 PM

This is music to my ears.

YDFL Commish 05-15-2018 06:39 PM

Also, you can still get the ball out quickly, and throw deep. It's just a matter of speed at WR , timing and trust.

VeveJones007 05-15-2018 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 67561)
Also, you can still get the ball out quickly, and throw deep. It's just a matter of speed at WR , timing and trust.

And the ability to run the ball effectively, which makes play action that much more of an influence. If defenders are looking in the backfield, Hilton can get over the top before they know it.

sherck 05-16-2018 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 67577)
And the ability to run the ball effectively, which makes play action that much more of an influence. If defenders are looking in the backfield, Hilton can get over the top before they know it.

This is one of the key aspects that defined Peyton's game, first with Edge and then later with Addai. Both were effective runners who would burn defenses for positive gains when given the opportunity and if the defense did not account for them (or in Edge's case, even when they did account for him) they would kill you slowly.

Because of this, the play-action was SO effective because everyone on the defense would make that first step forward with the play fake and then be two steps behind getting back on coverage by which time Harrison (and later Wayne) were already well into their route.

You can do the same with the fake pump-fake bubble screen concept but then that takes receivers out of the pattern. However, set up 5 wide with Hilton on one side, Ebron in the slot to that side, Doyle/Rogers/Cain on the other side, fake the bubble screen to the strong side while both Hilton and Ebron are running down the field could be pretty effective. Both are fast as heck (for their positions) and could be over the defense pretty quickly.

I still cannot wrap my mind around an intelligent offensive game plan for the Colts. It has been a WHILE since we have seen one of those (along with the personnel to execute it).

Walk Worthy,

falloutboy14 05-16-2018 10:01 AM

Got to say the thing I'm most excited for is the potential of our short yardage run game. I remember back in '08-'09 when running the ball was effectively a waste of a down. The options that the ability to wear down the defense with a constant run threat presents can't be understated.

HoosierinFL 05-16-2018 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 67591)
I still cannot wrap my mind around an intelligent offensive game plan for the Colts. It has been a WHILE since we have seen one of those (along with the personnel to execute it).

Maybe about 8 years? 2010 was the last year Manning played. 2011 didn't have the personnel to execute it, and from 2012 on, the offensive scheme has been a shit show. Even when Luck was putting up big yardage numbers and winning improbable games, it wasn't through gameplanning, mostly just his big play heroics.

testcase448 05-16-2018 11:03 AM

Clock control in the AFC South is going to be critical.
The revamped defenses here, especially the fags and texicans are going to be very tough.
We have got to be able to slow their pass rush by pounding them and making them respect the run. It's not going to be productive early in the game, but later it pays off.

1965southpaw 05-16-2018 12:15 PM

Here's a good article about Siriani's methods. I enjoyed Rodger's quotes as well.....haha...no ones going to be handicapped....I can't wait to see this new offense on the field!

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapoli...rs-to-the-test