ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Free Agents Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1597)

omahacolt 03-10-2017 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 5878)
shit.

no more filter.

isn't it nice

omahacolt 03-10-2017 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 5876)
Sheard was my #5 OLB in free agency and Simon was my #6 OLB in free agency only behind Melvin Ingram, Chandler Jones, Mario Addison, and Nick Perry.

Anyone else better is over 30 (James Harrison, Charles Johnson) and would not have been a target for Ballard.

Cheers,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

which is fine

but lets not just pretend these guys are beasts on the field. and possibly no better than walden.

YDFL Commish 03-10-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 5887)
which is fine

but lets not just pretend these guys are beasts on the field. and possibly no better than walden.

Younger hopefully cheaper versions of Walden, and I'm fine with that.

Walden caught far too much grief around here for his contract. But, IMO he played up to that contract, and I'm not talking about last year either.

In fact, I though last season was his worst season from a run defense, set the edge perspective. He got more sacks only because he was being used as the Rush LB more and because he lucked into some very favorable matchups, or wasn't blocked at all.

Dam8610 03-10-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

which is fine

Sheard is. There's a good possibility Simon is as well.

sherck 03-10-2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

which is fine

Right now, we just need fine.

Upgrades will come in the draft.

Cheers,

njcoltfan 03-10-2017 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 5865)
Who are our cbs?

Simon was a backup. Is he a sure fire great player? Is he better than Mathis was last year?

Sheard is a younger Walden. How much better is he?

Mingo is trash that we are paying too much for.

don't know who will be playing CB, probably a rookie and Vontae

Simon was a backup to Clowney, Mercilus and Cushing...I doubt any of our LBs last year would have made the Texans roster, so yes IMO much better

You are right, Sheard and Walden are probably a wash, except for age, so I will give Sheard a slight edge because of that.

Mingo is a former 1st round pick that I for one am hoping for him to be our version of Jerry Hughes.

I just don't see how we could be any worse than last year, but thats just one mans opinion.

Dam8610 03-10-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 5898)
Right now, we just need fine.

Upgrades will come in the draft.

Cheers,

Exactly, the Colts had one NFL caliber OLB entering free agency. Now they have three. Five are needed. They have maybe one NFL caliber ILB. Four are needed. Hopefully that's addressed both before and during the draft.

Thorgrim 03-10-2017 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 5871)
Still no word on Darius Butler ??? This surprises me ... :cool:

Butler has spent the past five seasons with the Colts, playing in 67 games (starting 24) and recording 214 tackles, 41 passes defensed, 12 interceptions (three touchdowns), and six forced fumbles. Last year, he played in 12 games and started seven of them, recording 33 tackles, seven passes defensed, three interceptions, and a forced fumble. He was productive as a slot cornerback and also spent time at safety, where he wants to move full-time

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/3/1...ee-agency-2017

Butler should have been signed by now. Last year he proved that he can play safety while still retaining a nose for the football which has always been an unappreciated strength of his. What's more, we know exactly what we have in him. Why replace him with a jag? Even if we draft a safety he would be a reliable backup and a positive veteran influence in the secondary. Can't imagine he would command an unacceptable contract.

sherck 03-10-2017 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 5900)
Exactly, the Colts had one NFL caliber OLB entering free agency. Now they have three. Five are needed. They have maybe one NFL caliber ILB. Four are needed. Hopefully that's addressed both before and during the draft.

Who is the one that was on the roster? Ayers?

Cheers,

Flexo 03-10-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 5909)
Who is the one that was on the roster? Ayers?

Cheers,

I have no idea.

Cheerio,

Sent from my emachines using windows 95 and netscape navigator