ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   More than 80 shots fired at Colts assistant coach’s home (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73702)

smitty46953 05-15-2019 08:44 AM

More than 80 shots fired at Colts assistant coach’s home

https://www.wthr.com/article/more-80...nt-coachs-home

Published: May 12th, 2019 - 9:30pm (EDT)

Updated: May 14th, 2019 - 8:03am (EDT)

INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) – Indianapolis Metropolitan Police are trying to figure out who fired more than 80 shots into a house on the far west side owned by a Colts assistant coach.

Witnesses told police about eight young men jumped out of three separate vehicles just before 6 p.m. on Mother’s Day and sprayed the home on Cressmoor Court with bullets.

IMPD returned to the home Monday and found even more shell casings and bullet holes in neighbors' homes. Craig Worland has a few bullet holes in his garage wall right next door to the house that is riddled with bullet holes all the way around.

"I heard like 15 boom, boom, boom, boom,” said Worland. “I knew it sounded like gunshots."

Sunday evening while still daylight, the street was littered with shell casings from at least five different handguns and rifles.
"About five minutes until six, I was in the kitchen trying to fix myself a little meal,” said a 93-year-old neighbor who did not want to be identified. “All at once BOOM, BOOM, BOOM! It was very loud, and it sounded like it was tearing up my house."

The owner of the targeted home is Parks Frazier, assistant to the Indianapolis Colts head coach. Frazier bought the home last July in the Sunningdale Commons subdivision, which is just southwest of Crawfordsville Road and Country Club Road. Bullets hit windows, walls, the garage door and even the ground around the home, but fortunately no people. The rear door of the house was kicked in and more shots were fired into the home.

"Seems to me like they wanted to hurt somebody,” said the 93-year-old man who has lived in the neighborhood 23 years. “But I don't know who or why. I have no idea."

Police recovered a cellphone they believe one of the suspects dropped in the street.

At least one bullet came through the wall into Worland's garage. Investigators found more shell casings today in his flower bed and yard.

"It's Mother's Day of all days,” said Worland. “I mean don't they all have mommas who went to shooting? You'd think they would have been with their families too." Instead, families in the neighborhood are worried with lots of questions.

The Colts say they are thankful their employee wasn't home at the time of the shooting. Because this is an ongoing investigation, they have no further comment.
:cool:

omahacolt 05-15-2019 11:51 AM

Haha the dude dropped a phone? Fucking idiot

Thorgrim 05-15-2019 01:52 PM

Maybe he stole some of Marvin’s Tastykakes.

Brylok 05-15-2019 06:21 PM

I've been in Plainfield visiting my mom for mother's day and every night the evening news is filled with shootings, robberies, murders etc in Indianapolis. Parts of the city are a war zone. I haven't ventured in yet, but I will before I leave for home.

Chromeburn 05-15-2019 06:38 PM

Wtf that’s crazy.

JAFF 05-15-2019 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 120170)
I've been in Plainfield visiting my mom for mother's day and every night the evening news is filled with shootings, robberies, murders etc in Indianapolis. Parts of the city are a war zone. I haven't ventured in yet, but I will before I leave for home.

That's south of the shooting area.

Where the gunfire occured, is a rock throw from the The Country Club of Indianapolis. The neighborhood has a lot of Indy cops who live there. It will be interesting to see wtf was going on.

If you know anything about the area, Lucas oil Raceway is dead west and about 2 miles away.

It's been a quiet neighborhood until this.

TheMugwump 05-15-2019 07:38 PM

So the Colts hired John Wick as the assistant to Reich?

Can't stop John Wick. You can only hope to contain him.

Chromeburn 05-15-2019 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMugwump (Post 120179)
So the Colts hired John Wick as the assistant to Reich?

Can't stop John Wick. You can only hope to contain him.

Hope his dog is ok. Don’t want to mess with that man’s dog. (On a side note Wick 3 is this Thursday.)

Brylok 05-16-2019 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAFF (Post 120176)
That's south of the shooting area.

Where the gunfire occured, is a rock throw from the The Country Club of Indianapolis. The neighborhood has a lot of Indy cops who live there. It will be interesting to see wtf was going on.

If you know anything about the area, Lucas oil Raceway is dead west and about 2 miles away.

It's been a quiet neighborhood until this.

I grew up here; I know where it is. I'm just not sure where the hot zones are anymore. They used to be on the east side for the most part. Could happen anywhere I guess

JAFF 05-16-2019 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 120217)
I grew up here; I know where it is. I'm just not sure where the hot zones are anymore. They used to be on the east side for the most part. Could happen anywhere I guess

I've got 2 daughters who live in Clairemont. One is in that development, the other is on the north side of 136.

Many IMPD and State Hyw Patrol in that neighborhood.