ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Offensive Line (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56691)

smitty46953 10-23-2018 06:51 PM

Offensive Line

Read somewhere earlier that Luck has only been sacked once in his last 125 pass attempts … Big improvement :cool:

smitty46953 10-23-2018 07:17 PM

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1054723016419172355

Franken Reich @JayVeeThree
Wait did Jerry Hughes get his Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty because he got teabagged by Quenton Nelson?

:cool:

Chromeburn 10-23-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 87781)
https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1054723016419172355

Franken Reich @JayVeeThree
Wait did Jerry Hughes get his Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty because he got teabagged by Quenton Nelson?

:cool:

You know what I really like about him. 90% of the time he is the first person there helping his RB up, greeting whoever caught the TD, helping Luck up. That’s a good teammate and that is infectious. All those skill players should be buying this oline gifts for Xmas.

omahacolt 10-23-2018 09:57 PM

Doing a rewatch and am really impressed with everyone. Especially glowinski

YDFL Commish 10-23-2018 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 87800)

Yeah, I thought that I saw him make some really impressive blocks in the run game.

VeveJones007 10-24-2018 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 87771)
Read somewhere earlier that Luck has only been sacked once in his last 125 pass attempts … Big improvement :cool:

Saw another stat that Colts are top 10 in lowest percent of drop backs resulting in pressure. Slightly better than NE.

omahacolt 10-24-2018 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 87806)
Yeah, I thought that I saw him make some really impressive blocks in the run game.

Got through the 2nd half and yeah, he was good. Locked on guys, moved them enough and got to the 2nd level effectively.

GoBigBlue88 10-24-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 87800)

I will say: I'm thrilled with the talent on the left side and it showed in the game. But the fact that Glowinski can be as effective as he's been on this time really makes me hope this team doesn't invest any further high future draft capital on interior OL or RT.

LT, sure, if you like a guy. They need a long-term plan there.

VeveJones007 10-24-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 87867)
I will say: I'm thrilled with the talent on the left side and it showed in the game. But the fact that Glowinski can be as effective as he's been on this time really makes me hope this team doesn't invest any further high future draft capital on interior OL or RT.

It's too bad the Colts won't be bad enough. Ed Oliver would be a dream 3-tech for this defense. I'm still leaning towards EDGE or OT in the 1st based on scouting reports.

sherck 10-24-2018 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 87867)

I agree to a point.

But the fact that neither Smith nor Glowinski were projected starters out of Training Camp and that Clark and Haeg saw a lot of playing time earlier shows that you have to have QUALITY DEPTH to be a good O-Line.

We have one current O-Line starter ending their contract each year from 2019 - 2023.

2019 = Glowinski
2020 = Castonzo
2021 = Kelly
2022 = Smith
2023 = Nelson (with 5th year option)

As long as they continue to play well AND we choose to re-sign them, I totally agree with you on not needing to use TOP draft picks on the O-line and just keep up the quality depth.

BUT, there is no guarantee that they will continue to play well nor that the team will re-sign them. The key is that we have had the depth to survive to this point and find five guys who can play well together

2019 = Good
2020 = Clark, Haeg

Do we re-sign those depth guys? Or draft new depth?

To have a quality O-Line, you have to keep adding talent to it every season. One draft pick in the top four rounds every season (25% of your draft picks in those rounds) should go to O-Line (23% of your starters), IMO. If the O-Line is suprerior, then having only average offensive speciality folks can still make an offense run. If you have an average to below average O-Line, the best set of receivers will be worthless as the QB never has time to throw and the RBs never have holes to run in.

Walk Worthy