ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Head Coaching Search (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31733)

FatDT 01-04-2018 11:16 AM

I haven't seen any evidence other than fan talk that McDaniels is demanding roster control. If that is what he wants he won't get it here and I'd have a hard time believing he'd get it anywhere else. He needs to prove himself as a HC.

Pez 01-04-2018 11:47 AM

There is not a lot of traction behind Matt Patricia... I'm not sure he is looking to leave NE.

I still like Brian Schottenheimer for our OC, it will provide some level of continuity for Luck and Brissett. Then a candidate like Matt Patricia would make sense as an HC.

rcubed 01-04-2018 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 50064)
Good for him if that's true. Hopefully not just PR.

if he is looking for GM level control of the roster, then he clearly didnt learn from one of his major mistakes.

omahacolt 01-04-2018 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 50078)
There is not a lot of traction behind Matt Patricia... I'm not sure he is looking to leave NE.

I still like Brian Schottenheimer for our OC, it will provide some level of continuity for Luck and Brissett. Then a candidate like Matt Patricia would make sense as an HC.

What part of this offense would you like to keep?

YDFL Commish 01-05-2018 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pez (Post 50078)

Why with Schotty? Really, what has he ever done? I didn't see Brissett get significantly better throughout the season.

No thanks.

Maniac 01-05-2018 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 50175)
What part of this offense would you like to keep?

Just the snapping the football part.

Racehorse 01-05-2018 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 50203)
Just the snapping the football part.

as long as it does not include Griff Whalen

DrSpaceman 01-05-2018 11:31 AM

The thing about Patricia in NE is, their defense really is not that good.

Yes, in points per game they are among the tops, but I really don't know how they do it, if you look at their individual stats, which are not that impressive.

They get a fair number of sacks, which helps, they are like 7th in that stat

In yardage they are near the bottom

In defensive passer rating they are middle of the pack, actually worse than the colts

Their yards per play if 5.7, again near the bottom and not much different than the Colts.

They were not great at creating turnovers.

They give up 4.7 yards per rush

They seem to benefit from good red zone D, which is great, maybe a bend but don't break mentality, and maybe just luck........opponents somehow only his 22/31 FGs against them, which seems oddly low in this day and age. I know they play in an outdoor stadium, but still, that does not affect the whole season. They were among the top ten in TDs allowed at 33.
Plus they benefit from the offense not turning the ball over much, so fewer short fields and bad situations.

If you just stripped away though Points per game stat and looked at the rest, one would not judge them to be among the best in the league.

I know PPG is really all that matters in the end, but when you are talking about moving to a new team in a new situation, the other stuff does start to matter.

Football outsiders, I know some don't like it, but have them ranked as the #31 defense this year.

DrSpaceman 01-05-2018 11:34 AM

3rd down percentage on D as well for the pats, another important stat, again were low middle rating. 39%, 20th in the league.

Racehorse 01-05-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 50222)
The thing about Patricia in NE is, their defense really is not that good.

Yes, in points per game they are among the tops, but I really don't know how they do it, if you look at their individual stats, which are not that impressive.

They get a fair number of sacks, which helps, they are like 7th in that stat

In yardage they are near the bottom

In defensive passer rating they are middle of the pack, actually worse than the colts

Their yards per play if 5.7, again near the bottom and not much different than the Colts.

They were not great at creating turnovers.

They give up 4.7 yards per rush

They seem to benefit from good red zone D, which is great, maybe a bend but don't break mentality, and maybe just luck........opponents somehow only his 22/31 FGs against them, which seems oddly low in this day and age. I know they play in an outdoor stadium, but still, that does not affect the whole season. They were among the top ten in TDs allowed at 33.
Plus they benefit from the offense not turning the ball over much, so fewer short fields and bad situations.

If you just stripped away though Points per game stat and looked at the rest, one would not judge them to be among the best in the league.

I know PPG is really all that matters in the end, but when you are talking about moving to a new team in a new situation, the other stuff does start to matter.

Football outsiders, I know some don't like it, but have them ranked as the #31 defense this year.

Their red zone defense is often aided by their friends in New York.