ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pagano fired (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31321)

omahacolt 12-31-2017 06:32 PM

Pagano fired

It's official

Dewey 5 12-31-2017 06:38 PM

Good. Finally. Now Ballard better get the right guy
Tom Cable is not the right guy

Spike 12-31-2017 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 49163)
It's official

Great New Years Eve news. Ballard couldn't wait until Black Monday to get rid of his sorry ass. I also agree, no to fucking Cable.

sherck 12-31-2017 06:43 PM

Good.

Now I have to find a new signature.

Suggestions?

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

GoBigBlue88 12-31-2017 06:46 PM

Not going to dance on his grave. After all, that's Dampballin's father we're talking about.

smitty46953 12-31-2017 06:46 PM

http://fox59.com/2017/12/31/indianap...-chuck-pagano/

:cool:

omahacolt 12-31-2017 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 49168)
Good.

Now I have to find a new signature.

Suggestions?

Walk Worthy,

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Why wouldnt you just make it "walk worthy" so you don't have to type that dumb shit every time.

smitty46953 12-31-2017 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBigBlue88 (Post 49169)
Not going to dance on his grave. After all, that's Dampballin's father we're talking about.

Dammy hasn't been back posting since HoosierInFla handed him his ass ... Kinda funny kid has no balls ... :cool:

albany ed 12-31-2017 06:55 PM

I thought he was a bad coach/nice guy. Happy he's gone, but wish him well. Not a huge difference between 2nd and 3rd draft choice, so I guess I'm happy he went out with a win.

omahacolt 12-31-2017 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 49172)
Dammy hasn't been back posting since HoosierInFla handed him his ass ... Kinda funny kid has no balls ... :cool:

Always knew he was a bitch

bertjones 12-31-2017 06:57 PM

Good, I'm glad we didn't have to wait until Monday. I don't have any
malice towards Pagano. By all accounts he is a good man and is a leukemia
survivor. He's just a classic example of the Peter principle at work.
LOT of work to do, this is the first step.

smitty46953 12-31-2017 07:02 PM

Chuck Pagano and Jim Irsay Post Game Victory Speech

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/C...d-40f915d4b5b7

Oh and Chuck can I see you in my office ... :cool:

Luck4Reich 12-31-2017 07:04 PM

Awesome! A reason to drink to.

Oh wait he gave me a reason to drink every Sunday...

Now can drink and smile:D

smitty46953 12-31-2017 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 49190)

Hahaha must be :cool:

dwilli57 12-31-2017 07:08 PM

I've been waiting to see this post for 3 fucking years.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

smitty46953 12-31-2017 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwilli57 (Post 49196)

Didn't even wait for Black Monday ... :cool:

Thorgrim 12-31-2017 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 49197)

My only wish is that you were posting this in October. A lot of wasted player development opportunities.

YDFL Commish 12-31-2017 07:19 PM

Any feelings on if this was an Irsay decision, a Ballard decision, or a collaborative decision?

omahacolt 12-31-2017 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YDFL Commish (Post 49202)
Any feelings on if this was an Irsay decision, a Ballard decision, or a collaborative decision?

It was the only decision

Everyone in the world (minus two people) could see he was terrible

YDFL Commish 12-31-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 49220)
It was the only decision

It was the only decision 2 years ago as well, and Irsay failed to make it. So, did he finally see what the rest of us saw?

Thorgrim 12-31-2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

It was the only decision

Yes, everyone except Pags himself and some dude here with multiple screen names.

Luck4Reich 12-31-2017 07:34 PM

Quote:

It was the only decision

Yep, only dumb and dumber thought he should remain.

Racehorse 12-31-2017 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 49197)

Because it would be a bad start to the new year to have him as coach for even a minute of it.

Dam8610 12-31-2017 07:55 PM

No surprise. Wish Pagano the best. Hope the Colts end up with a better coach. The next couple of months hold decisions that could define Ballard's career, the most important of which will be the #3 overall pick.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 49172)

You're funny. I decided to stop trying to have a discussion with people spoiling for a fight. There were valid counterpoints to be made, but I decided to spend my time more constructively than to continue making them to a group that clearly wasn't listening nor interested in listening. Hopefully this board will return to sanity now that your collective pet project has happened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 49190)

No, just decided that there were more constructive things to do with my time than make a fact based argument to the anti-Pagano tribe on this board. We'll see what happens from here.

IndyNorm 12-31-2017 07:59 PM

It's about fucking time Irsay came to his senses!! Now hoping he doesn't make the same mistake again and hires someone competent.

Luck4Reich 12-31-2017 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 49237)
Because it would be a bad start to the new year to have him as coach for even a minute of it.

Yeah, we’ve had enough bad starts to the new year.

omahacolt 12-31-2017 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 49238)
No surprise. Wish Pagano the best. Hope the Colts end up with a better coach. The next couple of months hold decisions that could define Ballard's career, the most important of which will be the #3 overall pick.

You're funny. I decided to stop trying to have a discussion with people spoiling for a fight. There were valid counterpoints to be made, but I decided to spend my time more constructively than to continue making them to a group that clearly wasn't listening nor interested in listening. Hopefully this board will return to sanity now that your collective pet project has happened.

No, just decided that there were more constructive things to do with my time than make a fact based argument to the anti-Pagano tribe on this board. We'll see what happens from here.

Nope

You made no valid argument. Our case was made on the field. Years worth of proof you ignored.

Dam8610 12-31-2017 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 49241)
Nope

You made no valid argument. Our case was made on the field. Years worth of proof you ignored.

We disagree, that's been established. It's over now, I'm not discussing it anymore. Move on.

omahacolt 12-31-2017 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 49242)
We disagree, that's been established. It's over now, I'm not discussing it anymore. Move on.

You were wrong about him. You can admit it. Or a normal man could.

The entire world knows you were wrong.

Puck 12-31-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Welcome back

Luck4Reich 12-31-2017 08:36 PM

Pulled your head out of apballin’s ass long enough to make a post I see?

Or was it the other way around?

Brylok 12-31-2017 08:46 PM

Goodbye, Chuck Pagano!
Don't screw this up Irsay & Ballard. The franchise may hang in the balance.

Hoopsdoc 12-31-2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwilli57 (Post 49196)

In all seriousness, it IS three years late. Tough to think of where we'd be now had he been canned when he should have.

Glad it's done though. Chop all the wood you want now, you maggot.

Hoopsdoc 12-31-2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

I don't blame you for stepping away. I never agreed with you on Pagano, but if you truly felt he wasn't the biggest obstacle, I can see why you'd get frustrated here.

Fresh slate, as far as I'm concerned.

nate505 12-31-2017 08:59 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/8nI6JULv4hNja/giphy.gif

Indiana V2 12-31-2017 10:54 PM

Good guy, great cancer survivor, not a good coach, glad he's been fired, time to look forward to the offseason, a new coach, free agents, and the draft.

Thorgrim 12-31-2017 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brylok (Post 49251)
Goodbye, Chuck Pagano!
Don't screw this up Irsay & Ballard. The franchise may hang in the balance.

Agreed. It's unlikely that many, if any, current NFL coaches could have done less than Pagano did with this years team but there is potential for a worse hire. I just hope that this decision will be made with heavy influence from Ballard and not just based on Irsays compromised mental acuity.

Big Smooth 12-31-2017 11:23 PM

https://goo.gl/images/ibMK4P

Happy New Year's gentlemen!!!!

Oldcolt 12-31-2017 11:36 PM

Ever since he allowed all his asst coaches take his fall I have not been on the band wagon of "great guy, lousy couch". I am on the "crappy human being, worse coach" side. A weasel who never took any responsability, pretending to "have the buck stop here" in a passive/aggressive way that left the blame everywhere but with him. Players liked him, in my opinion, because like he did himself, he held nobody accountable. Good riddance to the shithead. Go Ballard. Get us a real leader.

YDFL Commish 01-01-2018 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldcolt (Post 49319)
Ever since he allowed all his asst coaches take his fall I have not been on the band wagon of "great guy, lousy couch". I am on the "crappy human being, worse coach" side. A weasel who never took any responsability, pretending to "have the buck stop here" in a passive/aggressive way that left the blame everywhere but with him. Players liked him, in my opinion, because like he did himself, he held nobody accountable. Good riddance to the shithead. Go Ballard. Get us a real leader.

I couldn't have explained it better. I'm just gonna leave it at that.