ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   That didn't take long (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107449)

albany ed 09-14-2020 07:38 AM

That didn't take long

I went from very optimistic about this team in 2020 to already looking at top 10 draft choices in the coming year's draft. Marlin Mack, done for the year, that will put two turnover players in the backfield for the rest of the year. I was struggling to find a sports bar to watch the Colts, (here in NY, most require you to reserve table or bar stool and there's a 90 minute time limit). I didn't see yesterday's game, but I did listen to it on the radio. I'm thinking that Rivers is making some bad decisions as well as having a weaker arm than I had hoped. The defense was terrible. I can't believe the talent is that terrible, so I have to point to bad schemes. For those of you that watched the game, I'd like to read some opinions.

Thorgrim 09-14-2020 10:29 AM

So much to rail about but I’ll stick to coaching. Too many soft cushions by the secondary. I don’t know what the scheme was but I never want to see that hot trash again. Where the hell was Wilkins? I don’t think he was inactive so what gives? Eschewing the field goal was a tactical blunder. I’ll let someone else rip the individual efforts but the coaching staff bears some culpability in losing to a team that by nfl standards is nearly devoid of talent.

AlwaysSunnyinIndy 09-14-2020 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorgrim (Post 168600)
Where the hell was Wilkins? I don’t think he was inactive so what gives?

Wilkins was active. He had one snap on offense and 10 snaps on Special Teams.

rcubed 09-14-2020 10:59 AM

I wonder if they wanted to get taylor in to get his feet wet, especially against what they thought would be a not so good defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pez 09-14-2020 11:30 AM

I'm still optimistic, but geez.

When you give any QB unchallenged receivers at the sticks on third and long you are simply not going to get off the field. Minschew's stat line is really telling to me 19 of 20 passes for 150 yards and a QB rating of 142.3, against the 10th best passing defense last year. Yea, that's not talent, that's being out schemed and out-coached.

Defense was completely uninspired, letting the Jags put 27 point on us. And the score didn't seem too indicative of how badly we played. It feels like we lost this game by two TDs instead of one.

If this is how we plan to prepare for games and if the worst team in the NFL can out scheme and out coach us like this, we may as well take the $25 million we are paying Philip Rivers and light it on fire instead. At least then we wont have to see him throw picks.

Kray007 09-14-2020 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by albany ed (Post 168586)
I went from very optimistic about this team in 2020 to already looking at top 10 draft choices in the coming year's draft. Marlin Mack, done for the year, that will put two turnover players in the backfield for the rest of the year. I was struggling to find a sports bar to watch the Colts, (here in NY, most require you to reserve table or bar stool and there's a 90 minute time limit). I didn't see yesterday's game, but I did listen to it on the radio. I'm thinking that Rivers is making some bad decisions as well as having a weaker arm than I had hoped. The defense was terrible. I can't believe the talent is that terrible, so I have to point to bad schemes. For those of you that watched the game, I'd like to read some opinions.

Looked to me like Rivers has plenty of arm left. He also did a nice job of hitting receivers in stride, and we finally had a credible RB screen attack.

Macks injury seemed to suck something out of the offense. Went from having a solid run game to meh. Suspect it had as much to do with Taylors lack of practice time with 1st team, as anything.

Campbell looked good, and I suspect he’s gonna be uncoverable on crossing routes. Too much speed and separation ability.

Lack of a real offseason, and no preseason had an impact. I think it’s going to take a while for the coaching staff to put together a coherent scheme that maximizes the talent on the roster.

JAFF 09-16-2020 08:35 PM

https://youtu.be/9AFf0ysgNiM

Colts And Orioles 09-20-2020 04:12 PM

o

(vs. VIKINGS, 9/20)

Nice bounce-back win for the Colts today.

o

Colts And Orioles 10-04-2020 07:39 PM

oo

(OCTOBER 4th)

Since the opening day fiasco against the Jaguars, Colts opponents have scored 29 points over the last 3 games combined.

o

Colts And Orioles 10-12-2020 05:55 PM

oo

(OCTOBER 11th)

Although the defense stiffened and played well in the 2nd half of yesterday's game against the upstart Cleveland Browns, Philip Rivers made 2 very bad decisions while throwing 2 INT's (one of which was a pick-6), and the Colts lost what was a very winnable game ...... similar to the winnable game which they lost on opening day to the Jaguars.

It's a looooong season, and we're only 31% of the way through it ...... I believe that anything is still possible (both positive and negative) in regard to where this team will wind up after all 16 games have been played.

o