ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   DRAFT DAY 2 Thread (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41737)

Racehorse 04-28-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 65531)
To me, with the exception of Nelson, the rest of this draft is a bunch of JAG's.

you're from Jersey, where the Jests play. What would you know about an NFL draft? :D

njcoltfan 04-28-2018 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racehorse (Post 65612)
you're from Jersey, where the Jests play. What would you know about an NFL draft? :D

Apparently you must assume not much.

Chromeburn 04-28-2018 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltsalr (Post 65502)
That’s what I had thought about Braden Smith but it seems like they see him more as the RG:

Smith is pretty athletic, but yeah I see him more as a guard. If anyone has a chance to play tackle down the road it is Nelson. The only reason he didn't play tackle is ND had two first rounders at both tackle positions, and both were too tall to play guard. Nelson has the arms, strength, technique, lateral movement to play tackle. And who knows, maybe down the road they try him at LT as Castonzo gets older.

I liked the below from the reddit thread you posted

Quote:

Auburn has beat Georgia and Alabama because of their ability to limit negative run plays. Part of this is due to the fact that Kerryon Johnson has been a hammer for them, but when I look at their Offensive Line play, and when I watch Smith against these top tier defenders, I see a guy that is getting push. He got push against Da’Ron Payne. He got push against Christian Wilkins and Dexter Lawrence, and he got push against Trenton Thompson.

omahacolt 04-28-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromeburn (Post 65648)
Smith is pretty athletic, but yeah I see him more as a guard. If anyone has a chance to play tackle down the road it is Nelson. The only reason he didn't play tackle is ND had two first rounders at both tackle positions, and both were too tall to play guard. Nelson has the arms, strength, technique, lateral movement to play tackle. And who knows, maybe down the road they try him at LT as Castonzo gets older.

I liked the below from the reddit thread you posted

Nelson will not be a tackle

Ever

Racehorse 04-28-2018 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 65695)
Nelson will not be a tackle

Ever

It would be a stupid move to put him there. Kind of like the Peter Principle

YDFL Commish 04-29-2018 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 65695)
Nelson will not be a tackleEver

No, But Braden Smith has played some RT. It might be wise to get some reps there, to see what we have.

smitty46953 03-06-2019 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 65177)
He measured at 234 at the combine. Hopefully he can get to 240+ and play MLB effectively.

I think he did ok :cool:

rcubed 03-07-2019 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smitty46953 (Post 111665)
I think he did ok :cool:

What the hell, C&O!?

Luck4Reich 03-07-2019 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed (Post 111679)
What the hell, C&O!?

Nah, he pulls up dead threads with less relevance.