ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   TY Hilton ankle status (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64808)

DrSpaceman 01-06-2019 02:40 PM

TY Hilton ankle status

Was listening to one of the sports radio stations, Mad Dog on Sirius/XM, they were going through all the critical injuries.

Indicated TYs ankle is pretty messed up and more serious than the Colts are letting on, so its probably not getting better before next week or during the playoffs. Seems they are likely doing some injections pregame to get him through it.

As long as he is running straight or not making sharp cuts he seems to be OK, but any cut on the field he will probably struggle to make. Which means he would probably do best on fly, post, drag, WR screen routes.

Amazing what he has been doing lately if that is true. Multiple clutch 3rd down plays vs the Texans. Big play after big play. Gutting it out via injury

Hope he can fully recover in the offseason if this is true and doesn't do more permanent damage.

Butter 01-06-2019 02:45 PM

Anybody ever calling him soft because he avoids hits needs punched square in the Junk.

1965southpaw 01-06-2019 02:49 PM

I heard the same from Kevin Bowen in the 48 hours prior to the Houston game which is why I was skeptical that he could be much more than a decoy. I was pleasantly surprised. Per Bowen, he was even at the facility on xmas day getting treatment when nobody else was there. He also concluded that Colts were not being fully transparent on the extent of the injury.

Butter 01-06-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 104235)
. He also concluded that Colts were not being fully transparent on the extent of the injury.

What? Get out of here with that fake news, the Colts would never be misleading about injuries to players, never. /s

1965southpaw 01-06-2019 03:00 PM

:D

Chromeburn 01-06-2019 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 104233)
Anybody ever calling him soft because he avoids hits needs punched square in the Junk.

I hate that shit, so stupid. Show me a WR that takes on hits and I’ll show you a guy that’s out of the league in a few years.

nondoc 01-06-2019 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSpaceman (Post 104230)
Was listening to one of the sports radio stations, Mad Dog on Sirius/XM, they were going through all the critical injuries.

Indicated TYs ankle is pretty messed up and more serious than the Colts are letting on, so its probably not getting better before next week or during the playoffs. Seems they are likely doing some injections pregame to get him through it.

As long as he is running straight or not making sharp cuts he seems to be OK, but any cut on the field he will probably struggle to make. Which means he would probably do best on fly, post, drag, WR screen routes.

Amazing what he has been doing lately if that is true. Multiple clutch 3rd down plays vs the Texans. Big play after big play. Gutting it out via injury

Hope he can fully recover in the offseason if this is true and doesn't do more permanent damage.

Colts are on record saying he'd be missing games if it wasn't the playoffs. it is his ankle.... AND he is playing. I don't see the story. BTW... I thought TY looked healthier than he did in the Tenn game. a week off it here will be nice. all the ankle drama reminds me of Freeney.

Maniac 01-06-2019 03:28 PM

Imagine what he'd be doing on a healthy ankle. He's a baller.

TheMugwump 01-06-2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JesusChrist (Post 104247)
Imagine what he'd be doing on a healthy ankle. He's a baller.

I wish he was a little bit taller.

Dewey 5 01-06-2019 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1965southpaw (Post 104235)
I heard the same from Kevin Bowen in the 48 hours prior to the Houston game which is why I was skeptical that he could be much more than a decoy. I was pleasantly surprised. Per Bowen, he was even at the facility on xmas day getting treatment when nobody else was there. He also concluded that Colts were not being fully transparent on the extent of the injury.

Good. They don't need to be. Injury reports are for gambling. I like that they try to be tight lipped about injuries.