ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Submitted Blogs (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   05. State of the Colts – Offensive Line (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=776)

Puck 02-04-2017 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 1332)
I say bring him back to compete

Of course you would say that

omahacolt 02-04-2017 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 1346)
Of course you would say that

he would be cheap and we can see if can put it all together. i doubt he would make the team because he doesn't have as much position flexibility as others do. i don't see anything wrong with kicking the tires one last time.

Coltsalr 02-04-2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 1351)
he would be cheap and we can see if can put it all together. i doubt he would make the team because he doesn't have as much position flexibility as others do. i don't see anything wrong with kicking the tires one last time.

Because he sucks?

IndyNorm 02-04-2017 10:59 AM

AC is $12.8MM of cap space? Good thing for him we have plenty of cap space or Ballard would more than likely be asking him for a pay cut.

Does any of the money from an RFA contract end up being guaranteed if the player is cut? If so then not sure even offering Harrison the low tier RFA contract is a good idea b/c he can be easily replaced by a low round draft pick, bargain FA, or maybe even an UDFA. If none of it is guaranteed then it can't hurt to give him the low tier offer and allow him to compete in training camp.

Agree with Omaha (:eek:) on Mewhort. While he has been solid I don't see him (or any of our OL for that matter) being anywhere near the best in the league.

IndyNorm 02-04-2017 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 1351)

That's a fair point if we can sign him to a 1 year min deal with no guaranteed dollars. Anything more than that would be a complete waste.

omahacolt 02-04-2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 1339)
Thornton is a UFA.

Don'the mind him testing free agency and see if someone throws too much money at him. I would not pay more than vet min for him.

Cheers,

no of course not.

vet minimum is all i would offer.

i am curious to see if philbin can have him playing consistent football.

omahacolt 02-04-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IndyNorm (Post 1359)
AC is $12.8MM of cap space? Good thing for him we have plenty of cap space or Ballard would more than likely be asking him for a pay cut.

Does any of the money from an RFA contract end up being guaranteed if the player is cut? If so then not sure even offering Harrison the low tier RFA contract is a good idea b/c he can be easily replaced by a low round draft pick, bargain FA, or maybe even an UDFA. If none of it is guaranteed then it can't hurt to give him the low tier offer and allow him to compete in training camp.

Agree with Omaha (:eek:) on Mewhort. While he has been solid I don't see him (or any of our OL for that matter) being anywhere near the best in the league.

the colts have zero leverage to ask AC to take a pay cut. he would say no and the colts would do nothing.

the colts wouldn't be dumb enough to ask him to take a pay cut