ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Draft Trades (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41117)

VeveJones007 04-20-2018 09:16 AM

Draft Trades

Thought it might be worth a separate thread to track reports on draft trades.

1.05 - Elway says he is open to moving down
1.20 - Lions say they are willing to move down

VeveJones007 04-20-2018 09:20 AM

Denver potentially moving out of 5 obviously impacts the Colts at 6. Does that take potential trades for the Colts off the table? Does someone jump them to get Chubb if he falls past NYG and CLE?

I also think 1.20 is an interesting consideration. It would take something like 37+67+104 per the value chart, but it could be worth it if you're really high on a specific player (e.g. LVE, McG). I don't think Ballard would do it, but it's something to keep an eye on.

VeveJones007 04-20-2018 09:27 AM

Ballard says he's interested in moving back under the right conditions:

Quote:

“We will be open to moving back if we think it is the right thing for us to do and there's enough players on the board, depending on how far we have to move back, that we feel comfortable taking.”

Puck 04-20-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 63668)
Thought it might be worth a separate thread to track reports on draft trades.

1.05 - Elway says he is open to moving down
1.20 - Lions say they are willing to move down

Makes me believe he knows Chubb won't be there and that his QB choice wont be either and he doesnt need one after he signed Keenum... and that Nelson is not worth a #5 pick on.

FWIIW The Colts have not visited with Chubb. Rumor is Ballard knows he wont be there at 6.

VeveJones007 04-20-2018 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 63674)
Makes me believe he knows Chubb won't be there and that his QB choice wont be either and he doesnt need one after he signed Keenum... and that Nelson is not worth a #5 pick on.

FWIIW The Colts have not visited with Chubb. Rumor is Ballard knows he wont be there at 6.

That's because they already met with him at the combine.

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/2018/...018-nfl-draft/

Butter 04-20-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puck (Post 63674)

In what world would Signing Keenum make a GM not want to draft a QB?

Puck 04-20-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butter (Post 63741)

Well he’s willing to trade so he must. It be too concerned

rm1369 04-20-2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

If Elway thinks his roster (carried by the D) can make a Super Bowl run it’s not crazy. Several teams have proven you don’t need an elite QB if your roster is strong enough. Gamble that Keenum is solid and beef up the rest of the roster with a number #5 pick. Certainly a short term plan, but it’s not crazy to think it’s better than settling for whoever is left over out of the big 4 QBs.

Racehorse 04-20-2018 08:22 PM

Quote:

If C&O were a GM...

Chromeburn 04-21-2018 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeveJones007 (Post 63669)
Denver potentially moving out of 5 obviously impacts the Colts at 6. Does that take potential trades for the Colts off the table? Does someone jump them to get Chubb if he falls past NYG and CLE?

I also think 1.20 is an interesting consideration. It would take something like 37+67+104 per the value chart, but it could be worth it if you're really high on a specific player (e.g. LVE, McG). I don't think Ballard would do it, but it's something to keep an eye on.

No one is jumping for anything but a QB.