ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ColtFreaks.com - Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/index.php)
-   Indianapolis Colts Discussion (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Defensive Stats - Through 3 games... (http://www.coltfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53493)

sherck 09-25-2018 06:45 AM

Defensive Stats - Through 3 games...

16th = Total Yards given up per game (347.7)
14th = Points given up per game (21.0)
T9th = Total Take Aways (5)

15th = Passing Yards given up per game (241.7)
14th = Passing Yards per attempt given up (7.1)
T4th = Sacks (10)
T3rd = Fumbles Taken Away (3)
16th = Interceptions (2)

15th = Rushing Yards given up per game (106.0)
15th = Rushing yards per attempt given up (4.1)

So, this is what an NFL average defense feels like?

It has been a LONG time since the Colts put an average NFL defense on the field.

I LIKE it! :)

Walk Worthy,

omahacolt 09-25-2018 08:09 AM

A lot better than i imagined it could be. I don’t think it will last though.

FatDT 09-25-2018 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omahacolt (Post 82074)
A lot better than i imagined it could be. I don’t think it will last though.

The new scheme and the lack of tape on it helps. I am not certain we have the talent to continue this level of play all season. And if Leonard or one of the starting DL get hurt and miss significant time, especially Hunt (can't believe I'm saying that) or Sheard, we are screwed. Basham sucks and can't play. He won't step up.

Dam8610 09-25-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherck (Post 82069)
16th = Total Yards given up per game (347.7)
14th = Points given up per game (21.0)
T9th = Total Take Aways (5)

15th = Passing Yards given up per game (241.7)
14th = Passing Yards per attempt given up (7.1)
T4th = Sacks (10)
T3rd = Fumbles Taken Away (3)
16th = Interceptions (2)

15th = Rushing Yards given up per game (106.0)
15th = Rushing yards per attempt given up (4.1)

So, this is what an NFL average defense feels like?

It has been a LONG time since the Colts put an average NFL defense on the field.

I LIKE it! :)

Walk Worthy,

Amazing what one potential future star and another guy playing like a star can do for a defense.

DrSpaceman 09-25-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dam8610 (Post 82089)
Amazing what one potential future star and another guy playing like a star can do for a defense.

And competent coaching

njcoltfan 09-25-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatDT (Post 82087)
The new scheme and the lack of tape on it helps. I am not certain we have the talent to continue this level of play all season. And if Leonard or one of the starting DL get hurt and miss significant time, especially Hunt (can't believe I'm saying that) or Sheard, we are screwed. Basham sucks and can't play. He won't step up.

If Basham eventually winds up on another team, you just know that he’ll end up being another Jerry Hughes

omahacolt 09-25-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 82097)
If Basham eventually winds up on another team, you just know that he’ll end up being another Jerry Hughes

No I don’t. You simply don’t keep a guy that can’t play

FatDT 09-25-2018 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njcoltfan (Post 82097)

Nah I dont' think that's the case. Hughes showed some signs of life his last year here. Basham hasn't shown shit.

rm1369 09-25-2018 12:53 PM

The D has definitely played above my expectations so far. In particular the pass rush that has been generated has definitely been above my expectations. The lack of a pass rush was one of the main reasons I was so pessimistic on the D as a whole. I don’t have any confidence that it or Hunt’s play will continue at the current level. But hey I was wrong and I didn’t expect anywhere near this level of play 3 games in. I hope they keep proving me wrong.

I do fully believe in Leonard though. Hard to maintain his current level of production because it’s so damn high, but I don’t have any doubts he’s a difference maker.

falloutboy14 09-25-2018 02:18 PM

Best part is, aside from Sheard, no one playing now has an expensive contract. They made a mid-level defense in 2 years with minimal investment.